PDA

View Full Version : 2-stroke oil in Diesel Engine

HPM
17-08-2011, 07:26 PM
Ive been using 2stroke oil in my nissan patrol diesel engine at 200/1. It seems to have made a big difference to noise and performance. Mabey a little in the 4-stroke engine fuel would increase their life.
:i dunno:

17-08-2011, 07:38 PM
There are a heap of threads on this same topic on various forums pertaining to diesel engines.
As for small engines then yes it does also help, diesel or not. Consider it an upper cylinder lubricant. anything below 5oo:1 is beneficial to valve seat wear. But since the late 80's and manufacturers have come to the realisation that leaded fuel is no longer available then they too have added hardened valve seats. You can do it but results will be negligible.
The jury is still out on the diesel additive.

South East Mowing
17-08-2011, 08:02 PM
There are a heap of threads on this same topic on various forums pertaining to diesel engines.
As for small engines then yes it does also help, diesel or not. Consider it an upper cylinder lubricant. anything below 5oo:1 is beneficial to valve seat wear. But since the late 80's and manufacturers have come to the realisation that leaded fuel is no longer available then they too have added hardened valve seats. You can do it but results will be negligible.
The jury is still out on the diesel additive.
Some older bikie fella told me that years ago. I do it intermittingly on my 4 stroke hondas etc - hasnt hurt them