PDA

View Full Version : Access

SM MOWING
19-08-2011, 10:01 PM
Anyone used ms access to create their own invoicing software?? We did this at uni a many years ago and good thing was you can develop your database the way you want and make your own invoices. Any thoughts....?

glassngrass
19-08-2011, 11:13 PM
Want to re-invent the wheel? Knock yourself out.
Unless you can build a better mousetrap your efforts will be better spent elsewhere

Neil&family
20-08-2011, 09:23 AM
Keep it easy software. Based on Access and in my opinion is priceless.I had a few issues to start with But the service offered is second to none.

geoff
20-08-2011, 04:22 PM
Keep it easy software. Based on Access and in my opinion is priceless.I had a few issues to start with But the service offered is second to none.
Neil what programme did you use before , is the schedule section good and does it do the BAS etc ok for you????

fairdinkum
20-08-2011, 06:44 PM
Anyone used ms access to create their own invoicing software?? We did this at uni a many years ago and good thing was you can develop your database the way you want and make your own invoices. Any thoughts....? Mate when I first started out I had a crack at it. Problem was I couldn't remember how to do all the vb macros and stuff so I gave up. My black book + quickbooks does the trick....and occasionally use the android phone with gmail calender on the road. But the book (diary) is most effective for me.

happymowin
20-08-2011, 07:28 PM
yeah, i played with access to create a database, got it looking nice, but the stumbling block for me is i have no laptop, and i cant be bothered swapping over from customer cards, 1-31 file and a diary to the computer, then having to update the computer all the time.

All my invoices are done on the job, with stationery i print myself on a laser printer.

i NEVER mail out invoices (rarely, for an investor etc.)

Neil&family
20-08-2011, 09:50 PM
Neil what programme did you use before , is the schedule section good and does it do the BAS etc ok for you????
I was using express invoice and essential pm for schedule.heaps of report options in regards to accounting and has your BAS catagories for expenses and the like.I still got a lot to learn with it though. Schedule is great. Impossible to double book and notifies u of missed appointments and regulars that dont have next service booked.