PDA

View Full Version : School Holidays

Bob
27-09-2006, 03:17 PM
We are half way through the second week of school holidays here and I cant wait for monday to roll along.
I have been doing a couple of jobs in the morning, coming home, showering and changing, taking the kids to the movies or fish and chips down the park, putting on a fresh uniform and doing a couple late afternoon. It is driving me nuts, upseting the balance of things.
It was a flat out busy the week leading up to the holidays and I needed a rest, but this is far worse.

How is everyone else coping?.....or am I just getting old :russ:

administrator
27-09-2006, 03:26 PM
lol mate your a normal Australian Father doing a great job for your children top marks for a top dad :ebony:

Tim from HMS
27-09-2006, 06:18 PM
When I lost my "real" (or so others call it) job, we had to pull my youngest out of daycare except for Fridays, couldn't afford the $250 per week...since then we have not been able to get her back in due to overdemand and undersupply of places out here.

So at the moment I'm working around availability of babysitters etc and since the school holidays I've been taking both kids with me to some jobs as the eldest keeps the youngest one amused. Still makes me nervous wondering where they are and what they're doing, so am hoping that I can get back to normal next week.

Just found out that there is a place for 2 days a week open at the daycare centre so will be grabbing it with both hands and cramming as much work into the 3 days and weekends as I can, at least I'm working 5 days...pity I never get to see the wife...

Oh well as business is picking up now, hopefully soon I will be able to afford full time daycare and be able to go back to weekends with the whole family.

twin_cities_lawncare
28-09-2006, 11:57 PM
It's only week 1 of 2 here for school holidays, so I get a break from my main job which revolves around schools, and can help out more with our lawncare business. The 16 y.o. son is on holidays too and is an ace employee, so makes all the 3-person jobs a breeze. The 13 y.o. has come along and helped on a mulching job we did recently but prefers to *veg* around at home, but that can be a bit boring, so we all took the morning off today and watched a movie, and took a picnic lunch to the new waterpark close by...a nice mid-week break to spend family time together. I even took the afternoon off to get some office work and shopping done with the 13 y.o., while the father & son team :clap: got a couple of lawns mowed - tomorrow's a full day now, so hoping we can get through it all...I guess the overflow can be done Saturday, but we try to keep the weekend free for family time too, so here's hoping we can plough through the jobs on tomorrow's schedule with 3 of us working full-speed.
It can be hard tho', knowing what to do with the school-age ones that don't want to come out and about, when there's lots of lawns that need mowing...so I feel blessed our boy is willing and able to help out when he can. :D
Christine