PDA

View Full Version : hedge trimmer?chain saw?

irishjim
21-09-2011, 08:54 PM
Hi all prob been done before,but just wondering if theres a trimmer that wil cut heavier stuff than normal trimmers but be less butcher than a chain saw??is the only option a long pruners?this will obviously take longer than trimming and makes the price less appealing to some of my cheapskate customers...cheers in advance..

Jayk
21-09-2011, 10:26 PM
ive got a stihl fs110 brushctutter with the normal multi tool hedger attachment. more expensive than the multi tool, but when the blades are sharp she cuts through small trees, not as neat as a chainsaw though. i use it all the time, have had to get new blades once in about 3 yrs, just get them sharpened until all the meat is gone on them.

Fred's mowing
22-09-2011, 02:09 PM
Hi all prob been done before,but just wondering if theres a trimmer that wil cut heavier stuff than normal trimmers but be less butcher than a chain saw??is the only option a long pruners?this will obviously take longer than trimming and makes the price less appealing to some of my cheapskate customers...cheers in advance..
If u find it PLEASE let me know, Ive been searching 4 years!
Cheers Fred.

Steve R
24-09-2011, 06:06 PM
I was thinking the exact same thing yesterday, i have a hedge to do on Tuesday that has some thick branches in it. I am hoping not too many and I will just take them out with the loppers, it will take longer. I will take the chainsaw with me just in case. Hopefully I wont need to use it.
Steve.