PDA

View Full Version : Dickie Knee

South East Mowing
13-10-2011, 08:45 PM
Looks like getting the other ride on may be a good investment. Been seeing the chiro recently and asked to check out my knee/pain/soreness etc.

Looks like it is the start of things to come - nothing real serious just yet but time will fix that apparently and the next yr or two I will have to go and get scans/x-rays.

Elbow then shoulder and knee - whats next the ankle or the hip??

Cranbourne Lawnmowing
13-10-2011, 09:03 PM
Know what you mean John. I've been having problems with my right knee for about 12 months now. We're not getting any younger mate. Spoke briefly about this to Dean the last time I spoke to him and he agreed we have to think about our futures as we get older. I haven't been doing this gig for a long time but I have spent most of my working life doing hard yakka. Was only a matter of time before it started to catch up with me, which unfortunatly is about now.

Fred's mowing
13-10-2011, 09:15 PM
Hip/groin, (struggle puttin my left sock on in the morning) & right shoulder.
Frightened to go to the doc's though as he might suggest putting his sergical glove on:pop worm.
Carefull, this could turn into a geriatric thread!
Cheers Fred.

Cranbourne Lawnmowing
13-10-2011, 09:19 PM
Hip/groin, (struggle puttin my left sock on in the morning) & right shoulder.
Frightened to go to the doc's though as he might suggest putting his sergical glove on:pop worm.
Carefull, this could turn into a geriatric thread!
Cheers Fred.

Strange place to be putting his fingers for a bad hip :shifty

Fred's mowing
13-10-2011, 09:25 PM
Long as he does'nt say ..........look, no hands!
Cheers Fred.

Cranbourne Lawnmowing
13-10-2011, 09:32 PM
Moooooooooooon Riverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Bluey
14-10-2011, 06:14 AM
When I saw the title of this post I had visions of a head on a stick. But I know what you mean John. You feel it every now and then. Hand weeding is a killer. Getting back up is getting slower. With any luck by the time we actually do wear out robotic spare parts will be cheaper. Watch out people....Robo Lawnie

Kathryn
14-10-2011, 06:51 AM
sawa a robotic mower in the latest husqvarna catalogue,

Mrs HMS
14-10-2011, 11:24 AM
Getting back up is getting slower. With any luck by the time we actually do wear out robotic spare parts will be cheaper. Watch out people....Robo Lawnie

That's admin's avatar....translawner!

That's why Timmy had to give it away....stuffed back, stuffed knees and for the trifecta, a heart condition.

NLALM
14-10-2011, 02:51 PM
Left hip right knee rooted had surgery on both next step new ones. What are we going to do when it gets to much? I think about this all the time. Winning lotto would be good.
We should get some patches made up for our shirts old man army mowers to qualify you have to have stuffed some body part up

Bluey
14-10-2011, 02:53 PM
sawa a robotic mower in the latest husqvarna catalogue,

Theres one on Pt Wakefield Rd that does a pretty good job of keeping his patch maintained. I see him out and about every now and then.

happymowin
14-10-2011, 06:28 PM
thats one of the reasons i want a walker, too sore to keep mowing all the grass by honda mower.

feel for ya bud, atm i only get sore, and occasionally take a day off to recover in summer.

but i know what you mean, i told the wife i gotta get a walker within the next year, or look for something else to do.

hope ya feel better, and definately get the new ride on lol

edbeek
14-10-2011, 06:52 PM
I do a bit of gardening work for elderly people in their 90's. It lifts your spirits when they are so appreciative to have a 'young fella' helping them out.

Then the feel good vibe completely disappears when you want to pull out completely stuffed after 4 hours and the 90yo is still there working along beside you. :)

South East Mowing
14-10-2011, 06:54 PM

He may be one of the few aussie blokes who has a good relationship with his local GP.:help

South East Mowing
14-10-2011, 06:57 PM
That's admin's avatar....translawner!

That's why Timmy had to give it away....stuffed back, stuffed knees and for the trifecta, a heart condition.

Where am I headed. Had the heart op 10 yrs ago, now have knee problems and back problems!!

Unfortunately it's something I should have started 30 yrs ago - I now have to do some smart hard yards in the gym etc!!

Andy B
14-10-2011, 07:16 PM
Hey you all should give yourself a pat on the back, put aside the injuries that are presenting themselves and give yourselves a pat on the back, there are people out there who have never given it a go, never done a hard days work in their lives, never felt what it's like to finish a full days clean up or 10 lawns and look back and say I did all that! Those injuries you're complaining about, you've earnt them providing a service, good on ya! And one other thing, I dare say you are all fitter than half of our great nation, I bet most teenagers would have trouble keeping up with you!

TomS
17-05-2013, 10:51 AM
Got an intermittent crook knee. Its perfectly fine then suddenly feels like I won't be able to walk back to the car on it. Doc reckons its probably a cartlidge tear -I did take a gutser off a ladder recently - and has referred me in the public system for an x-ray and whatever. about 18 months wait he reckons! With any luck it'll repair on its own by that time.

I asked him should I bind it or go easy on it or exercise it or what? He said just do what you are doing and stop when it hurts. Great.

Any of you blokes had this? what did you do for it?

Tom

Neil&family
17-05-2013, 02:19 PM
I had a big stack on my trailbike and done a lot of damage to my knee. Grade 3 and grade 4 tears to mcl and acl. Needs surgery to be fixed though i keep waiting till the time is right to get it done workwise. I can work all day no worries though if i twist my leg, trip or stumble on something i pay the price for a day or two.can't run either.