PDA

View Full Version : Ebay pressure cleaner

St George
16-10-2011, 07:52 AM
Hi,I found this 4350 psi high pressure washer with 13hp Honda + turbo head on ebay but it's so cheap? $899. Would this be an import and if it is would it be ok. I know of one other Aussie made washer going for $2800.

edbeek
16-10-2011, 08:43 AM
Hi St George, I'd say it would be a chinese import. Anyone's guess if it would be any good or how long it would last.

One thing I have noticed is that some listings say the turbo head is equivalent to say 2000psi extra pressure, so they advertise the 2500psi pump as a 4500psi.

St George
16-10-2011, 09:37 AM
Yep she's cheap and nasty but I'd like to know if anyone bought one and how it's holding up?

simo
16-10-2011, 02:14 PM
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/4350PSI-HIGH-PRESSURE-WASHER-WATER-CLEANER-Honda-13HP-/130578601829?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item1e67175765
Is this it ? I`d say it would be great for occasional use, would definatly make you money..Would be as good as a chonda mower..Also it has make an offer go low you may get another $100 off

St George
16-10-2011, 02:34 PM
Yep that's it.I've been doing my research and it's ****.its only suppose to be used for 45 mins at a time then you have to relieve the pressure build up in the pump then clean the filters.I'd rather spend $2500 and do it right.

St George
16-10-2011, 02:36 PM
Yep that's it.I've been doing my research and it's ****.its only suppose to be used for 45 mins at a time then you have to relieve the pressure build up in the pump then clean the filters.can't believe they flog this stuff off.

St George
16-10-2011, 03:04 PM
Mmmm I doubled up somehow!

HandyMowing
16-10-2011, 06:01 PM
I looked into AGR pressure washers too, but after finding this thread on the Whirlpool forums, I wouldn't touch them for anything.

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=1283863

Apparently they are just nightmares that break down immediately and then AGR ignore your calls and emails until you get fair trading involved.

Redeye
16-10-2011, 07:13 PM
I bought an ebay model, 7hp 3750psi very happy so far, hasn't done a lot of work http://www.indmowing.com.au/forum/showthread.php?2663-Power-Spraying-Cleaning-drive-ways.&p=76706#post76706 but happy none the less - as far as
AGR goes, I've bought several chainsaws & a heavy duty brushcutter off them and couldn't speak highly enough of them. The one time I had a problem (through my own fault) they supplied new parts at no cost

HPM
16-10-2011, 07:28 PM
I bought the diesel powered hi pressure washer from agr and this thing kicks some serious arse... I used it to wash the cars and it took the decals off...ooops...
Ive used it for 3 winter seasons washing rooves and driveways (no cars) and it paid for itself the first year..
Only con to the diesel is it weighs about 100 kgs but it comes in a frame with 4 big pumpup wheels which make it a breeze to push around.
I'd say it was a good buy...:dance

SM MOWING
16-10-2011, 08:00 PM
Found this on whirlpool.....interesting info re AGR Machines.....

We have sold on Ebay for about 7 years and have people in China and a team here, we are not in AGR's market however we enquired about this pressure washer with the factory who supply AGR. The factory told us that they could supply us with a Honda copy (unbranded clone) for $150 USD each and a Genuine Chinese Honda was about $250 USD each. So for an extra $100 US we could import the 'Chinese Honda' Sounds good in principle.

I asked the factory can they prove it is a genuine Honda so we do not get in trouble for importing fakes. The answer i got was ' We can not supply any certificates to show it is from Honda because the Chinese agent who supplies us with these will loose his dealer status with Honda in China' Its true that Honda do print 'not for export' on the Chinese Honda's, i live there for 3-6 months per year and know this is fact as well as having friends who run import export companies there, some having suppied AGR with different items.

This raises a number of questions

1)How would an importer know if the factory in China are supplying a genuine Chinese Honda or Honda copy, they look all but the same unles you are an expert? They are not prepared to provide any proof. Each model should come with a full CE report which would show if it was Honda or not. We simply did not trust the factory and without getting our own independant report on the machine we would not know what we were importing (We have been in the game for over 7 years).

2)Customs have a notice of objection lodged by Honda to stop any other companies bringing in their brand. So if these are purchased from a non Honda Dealer such as the factory who supply AGR then it would not be considered parallel importing unless the items were sourced directly from a Honda Dealer in China and if that were the case they would loose their dealership status becuase Honda would know who they are. This indicates that the only way those 'Chinese honda' powered pressure washers could be taken through Australia customs without the risk of being sized would be to remove all the Honda stickers and then re badge them again in Australia after they had cleared customs. Again by having to follow this procedure it would mean the factory in China would have to supply the importer with honda stickers which would be applied later to a blank machine. How could an importer know he has been sent genuine Honda machines??

For our company there were too many un answered questions so we have never imported these. We could not be sure what we are buying.

Unsure if AGR's are genuine or not, but i would have thought Honda would have investigated this and they must be genuine or they could not keep selling them on Ebay.

ian
16-10-2011, 09:32 PM
yet Victa,Masport,Rover and Toro to mention just a few seem to have no problem importing/selling mowers with Honda motors in Australia

dean
17-10-2011, 12:05 PM
It's mostly never the motor that causes problems on high pressure systems but rather the pump and next to no service center will touch the Chinese stuff so beware.

63impala
08-11-2011, 05:54 PM
Ive ben told alote ok

08-11-2011, 06:22 PM
Approach them with a ten foot pole.
The pumps are the machine. Even the cheapest and nastiest engine will do the job but I have seen one of these up close purchased by a paving business. The pump is bound to fail in under 50 hours as they do not use ceramic. The fittings are incredibly nasty and will fail in short time so expect to replace them adding another $100 - $120 in parts.
They do work however and for occasional use you may get away with it but be prepared to do a bolter to your local hire shop to get a proper machine if you quote any job.
Aussie pumps are bullet proof - AKA Spitwater etc. Coates, Kennards and every other hire shop use them because of this instead of Gerni or Karcher.
Worth trying and if you quote the jobs right then you should double your purchase price before you have a faulty machine.