PDA

View Full Version : G'day from Sunny Coast

Lawnart
23-11-2011, 02:53 AM
Just thought I'd say hi to all, My name is Ric,
I started operating my business which as you may tell from the user name is Lawn Art (have to thank the missus for that) up here on the sunnie coast.
Started off part time while working night shift job as well as mowing in the daytime and am now working fulltime on my business. Took some time but now have a good bunch of regulars including a few body corp jobs but still have plenty of room to grow.
Must say I do enjoy reading all the threads on here I have got through a lot of the but still heaps to read on here with lots of great advice thanks guys & girls I'm learning new things everyday.
Anyway just thought I'd say hi and if you work up here on the sunshine coast and see me around or at the local meeting place (the Tip) don't be shy stop and say g'day.
Cheers
Ric

Neil&family
23-11-2011, 07:35 AM
Welcome to the forum bloke...

brettly
23-11-2011, 03:00 PM
Welcome Ric, like ur business name. Must say i pretty much did the same for a while(bit less than 3 months) worked another job, as a bricklayer. Unfortunately it 'slowed' down my business a bit and i had to opt out. Taking 1 day off a week, during winter period wasnt working for the boss so it can be hard. Trying to be full-time now.
One-offs can be rewarding but its the regs ya need as you know.

Lawnart
23-11-2011, 10:32 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys looking forward to being part of this forum.
And yes Brett it is hard to work a night job while getting your business up and going as you know, decided that in the end the night job was getting in the way a fair bit so gradually reduced the number of nights down then in the end just got rid of it, although i will do the odd shift for them if i haven't got to much on the next day.
Must say we seem to make it through each week without the money from the night job so can't complain can only be better from here!

courty
23-11-2011, 10:41 PM
Welcome Ric from one coaster to another.