PDA

View Full Version : helpful info for first timers like ME

collingwood
23-10-2006, 03:08 AM
HEY ALL,

I wrote in a little while ago about setting up all the paper work when first starting out in this business EG: "TAX & GST"..........So for first timers like me this might be helpful.

I went to my accountant & and got him to look at "my books" I asked this QTION: I want to start in Dec this year ( half way through the financial year) But i know that i wont earn over 50' g's a year by the end of this finacal year, ( 30/06/07 ) So if i were to buy a ute for $15,000 to 20,000, & my HONDA lawnmowing gear being $4091.00 etc.. how can i claim back my GST for the stuff i brought to start up with? He says "get Reg for GST & a business number now. Pay for all the set up cost's EG; lawnmowing gear, Ute Bus cards, ETC... Then after three months De - Reg your GST..So then you still can claim it back. And not have to pay GST after that till your earning 50'000 a year. BUT once you start at the beginnig of the NEW financial year put away that 10% gst, then 30% for TAX an then you should be sweet as. & with a little left over. So there it is.

P.s What would be the best UTE to buy for $15,000 to 20,000 in WA?????????????

pps i have not drunk any thigg to ighttt 73/1!>!!!.