PDA

View Full Version : Hyperthetically

St George
07-12-2011, 04:32 PM
Hyperthetically if I wanted to kill a tree off discretely with a trunk bout 15 to 20 inches in diameter how would one go about this? Hyperthetically of course.

Wombat Garden Services
07-12-2011, 04:49 PM
Try a cordless drill & a large syringe full of roundup, but Hypothetically you may be in trouble :laughing:

St George
07-12-2011, 04:57 PM
I know a guy who knows a guy that did this but the tree is still there and growing strong. 3 holes drilled and 100% round up in base of tree.

brettly
07-12-2011, 05:01 PM
Was just chatting to the missus, and she says you can inject it with WD40? True? , but yea water round the stump after that, cover a tarp over the stump, apply mulch on the tarp,hose.. keeping it damp is the key..oh u said discreetly :)

Bluey
07-12-2011, 05:09 PM
Get some magnetic stickers done up copying the Council logo. Bang them over yours and wear a non branded fluro shirt. Put mud over your number plates and then go cut the bugger down in broad daylight. Make sure you take 3 other blokes with you to stand around doing nothing or they might twig to what your up to. Not that I have done this of course.

Greenie
07-12-2011, 05:14 PM
mate I had this same problem So i decided to Service my car, i had no place to put the oil So i Drilled holes in this big tree pored it into the tree and it died mate:) :) totaly dead:) :)

Andy B
07-12-2011, 05:32 PM
I know a guy who knows a guy that did this but the tree is still there and growing strong. 3 holes drilled and 100% round up in base of tree.

Hyperthetically it works for Chinese Elm... hyperthetically of course, oh and "my friend" has also used the same method on boganvillia as well and various other things "his wife" said had to stay... :D

And as a matter of fact I've also used the same method on Rhododendron and Bay leaf trees. Might depend on the tree? oh and how hyperthetical it is of course.

urbanpatch
07-12-2011, 05:38 PM
$50,000, I know a guy that can make it disappear. What about whippa snip around it like an amateur and ring bark it, oops.

Bluey
07-12-2011, 06:32 PM
half a stick of PE

DavidS
07-12-2011, 06:40 PM
Frilling is the way to go, get a wood chisel and turn it so the wedge is in towards the trunk, just below ground level so dig a little well around the trunk. Use a rubber hammer and hit chisel so it levers bark and cambium layer away from trunk, do this every second width right around the trunk at below ground level, once you have finished frilling, then pour straight roundup or what ever brand you have into the frills if you have a offsider get them to pour as you frill, leave it for 10 or 20 minutes and then push the frills back against the trunk and back fill the soil against the trunk. No one will know until the tree dies. I use this method on Coral trees and they are a right mongrel to kill.

63impala
07-12-2011, 07:12 PM
Lol god one blue Comection 4 { C4} bye bey tree

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUVQ6kGOaJA

half a stick of PE

Mrs HMS
07-12-2011, 07:15 PM
We hypothetically had a family friend with a house immediately opposite Lake Macquarie..nothing between their front fence and the water except road and grass. Several times the council decided to plant trees on the grass area directly opposite this hypothetical friend's place.

He may have hypothetically worked for Shell before he retired and still may have had a stash of things that we now know will make your kids glow in the dark.

Every evening he would walk his dog along the foreshore..his dog may have had some sort of bladder infection that meant he would stop at every tree, at which point this person would bend down to pat the dog and inject a very large (vet) syringe full of whatever is was in to every tree.

These trees just kept mysteriously dying...5 times the council tried replanting..different species of trees even...yet still....can't help bad soil.

Mrs HMS
07-12-2011, 07:17 PM
half a stick of PE

I thought this hypothetical tree removal was supposed to be discreet....nothing discreet about KABOOOOOOOOM

geoff1969
07-12-2011, 07:22 PM
dig a hole aprox 12 inches deep in the gorund aprox 12/ 18 inches away from main trunk ... keep digging down till you find a main root , drill a hole same diamater as the top of a 1.25 lt coke bottle and at least 5 inches in depth then force the threaded top of coke bottle into the drilled hole in main root then a bead of silicon around it to seal it , cut the bottom of coke bottle off = coke bottle is now like a funnel and is embeded in tree root and leak resistant , shovel dirt back around coke bottle to support it , then fill it with straight hardwood killer if avalible and let the tree absorb it ,if its all absorbed in less then 24 hours refill = thirsty tree needs double dose , remove bottle shovel remain dirt back over the hole and wait a few months ..... cant remember who told me this and ive never done it but apparently works like a charm ..............

Redeye
07-12-2011, 07:23 PM
David has the right idea, straight glyso below the bark i.e. into the roots

Stripes
07-12-2011, 07:24 PM
Hypothetically, If a bag of pool salt was dropped beneath the tree, would it affect it?

I think councils can now test trees to see if they have been poisoned, not that I have ever told anyone to do what was mentioned above with the Roundup and it was successful or anything.

BLACK BEAR
07-12-2011, 07:38 PM
would like to hear the answers to a hyperthetical kneecapping!:laughing:
Seems to me we have many people here with a "few friends":shifty

bb1
07-12-2011, 08:57 PM
when someone comes up with a hyperthetical solution, I could possibly find a hyperthetical tree, to see if it will hypertheticaly work. The one that has being hypertheticaly drilled and hypertheticaly roundup, has only half hypertheticaly died.

Zweedo
07-12-2011, 11:31 PM
Hypothetically, If a bag of pool salt was dropped beneath the tree, would it affect it?

Bingo, we have a winner.

St George
08-12-2011, 06:47 AM
A friend of mine told me his mate said that to do the job correctly there has to be no soil moved or evidence of tampering as the tree sits on the border of 2properties and only my mates cousin who lives there wants it dead and the other owner loves the tree.so the solution needs to be undetected in every way.what if he says his sons is allergic or gets a rash from the tree? Maybe a note from the doctor to the council may fix this!

MowerRob
08-12-2011, 07:02 AM
Hypethetically you could wait til Easter when they go away you cut tree down hire a stump grinder bingo tree gone. A friend of a friend might of done this

edbeek
08-12-2011, 07:09 AM
They could probably spot 6-8 x4ml spots of Velpar L on the ground on your side of the fence in the root zone, then refuse anyone from taking a soil sample of your property.
Takes about 1 minute and the effects won't happen until rain moisture activates it.

Unfortunately it will also kill anything else in a 1-2 metre radius of the spots.

Hmm I think they would smell a rat lol.

Kathryn
08-12-2011, 05:07 PM
up north i used to suggest to friends that they told the housing body that their children were allergic to the paperwasps in whatever tree/ palm they wanted gone. and heypresto guess what would come through as a job in the next day or so. but then as the tree lopper you end up paranoid as to wether or not the tree has got wasps nests or not! i probably found karma a few times the stingy way

Bluey
08-12-2011, 07:45 PM
Phyretrum.....best wasp killer ever ...without doubt....buggers die on the spot.... revenge is sweet

Bluey
08-12-2011, 08:24 PM
would like to hear the answers to a hyperthetical kneecapping!:laughing:
Seems to me we have many people here with a "few friends":shifty

Hmmmm.....then you would have to speak to the hypothetical Hells Angels.

Bluey
08-12-2011, 08:26 PM
Or maybe the hyphothetical IRA

Bluey
08-12-2011, 08:29 PM
Maybe get the hypothectical IRA to blow up the hypothetical tree with hypothetical russian made PE. Hypothetically speaking of course.

Bluey
08-12-2011, 08:33 PM
Lol god one blue Comection 4 { C4} bye bey tree

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUVQ6kGOaJA

Now that is what I am talking about. Nice one Kev. Loved the caption

THIS TREE WAS IN THE WAY. SO WE HAD TO BLOW IT UP.

Dazz1
08-12-2011, 08:41 PM

I also have a "friend" who tried the same thing on a huge tree hanging over his house from nextdoor, a few leaves went black around the side of the hole but then the tree hit back with new growth all over it. It was all over the full length of the thing.

ian
08-12-2011, 09:17 PM
Hypethetically you could wait til Easter when they go away you cut tree down hire a stump grinder bingo tree gone. A friend of a friend might of done this

They could probably spot 6-8 x4ml spots of Velpar L on the ground on your side of the fence in the root zone, then refuse anyone from taking a soil sample of your property.
Takes about 1 minute and the effects won't happen until rain moisture activates it.

Unfortunately it will also kill anything else in a 1-2 metre radius of the spots.

Hmm I think they would smell a rat lol.
combine the 2 when they go away climb the fence and poison from there side then if anything is said you simply say well it wasn't me i loved that tree and obviously the poison has been applied from their side not mine :rolleyes:

Cranbourne Lawnmowing
08-12-2011, 09:37 PM
Any holes you drill need to be around the outer rings. 1" holes and fill with diesel or 2 stroke should do the trick.

administrator
08-12-2011, 10:38 PM
or just introduce a bug fungi a natural remedy to kill