PDA

View Full Version : Queston on Responsibilities

Antic
24-12-2011, 04:12 PM
Our primary responsibilities is to cut the lawn in a reasonable time frame to keep it looking good.

But, there is so much more to this than just cutting the grass.

What do you guy's do with your lawns in regards to Weed Spraying, Bini,Soldier Worm, Ant Hills, the list goes on.

Do you charge extra for spraying or is it built into your mowing price.

Classic Cut
24-12-2011, 05:26 PM
All weed spraying in lawns is sub contracted out to Coochie Hydro Green. I value my longevity in this game too much, plus they do a great job.

I still spot spray garden beds, but that's it.

ian
24-12-2011, 05:29 PM
extra,extra and extra
when i 1st started i had the idea that i would keep the clients lawns weed free and only charge about the same maybe a fraction more that what i thought was the going rate as i figured in the scheme of things it would only cost a little more :newbie most people only hear the price of the lawn and even though i said i would keep the weeds in the lawn under control they wouldn't pay any extra on the regular price so even at only $1 per lawn per visit at 40 lawns per week this will equal $40 p/week $2000p/year also amazingly once the weeds are gone i found these to be the 1st people to ring up and say the lawn doesn't need doing this week so always charge extra and appropriately for any extra services or in the end you will be paying for them yourself

Sandgroper
24-12-2011, 05:34 PM
I think weed spraying and so forth is for licensed pest controllers mainly,they are licensed and have access to the best chemicals, but if i do get into it a bit in the future and i have thought about it i will charge extra for it,not being in the game it would be tough knowing what to charge tho...

I just saw Ians reply,,a few weeds can be a good thing sometimes so the lawn needs mowing,i have lawns that would only need half the mowing if it was not for the weeds,,lol

happymowin
24-12-2011, 06:01 PM
yep, this summer, i have been LOVING the little yellow flowers that come up in the lawn.

sometimes all im mowing is those flowers, and about half an inch of grass.

anyone know where i can get SEEDS for those ones? (JOKE)

almost be worth seeding some lawns, lol (JOKE)

63impala
24-12-2011, 06:53 PM
I remeber the red cross nocking on my door and I think I donate to the 2 people people nice people they where and on hallowen there was that one that need to be rescude and here people need help that I could provide... That arse hole did some thing bad to them I dont like that person at one time we were home boys but what he did to u giuys he kinda done to me....But you tent to ur light display that ligtens up the area and brings a flavor we all need....pease and marry christmas to yall ...

AJD Mowing
24-12-2011, 06:57 PM
Our primary responsibilities is to cut the lawn in a reasonable time frame to keep it looking good.

But, there is so much more to this than just cutting the grass.

What do you guy's do with your lawns in regards to Weed Spraying, Bini,Soldier Worm, Ant Hills, the list goes on.

Do you charge extra for spraying or is it built into your mowing price.

Hi Antic There is good money in weed spraying in lawns and garden beds and also fertilizing.
You will need a 20 litre back pack for lawns I use (Amgrow Bin-Die) make sure you get the one that is ok to use in Buffalo and other lawns. I mix 30mm to 5 litres of water and I sort of know how fast to walk over the lawn, you walk slow and move the wand from side to side. It gets rid of Clover, Bindi, and most broard leaf weeds. Clover may need 2 goes. I charge 20% above my mowing price. In Hard Surfaces and garden beds I have a small sprayer and mix Glyphosate to a rate of 15mm to 1litre of water and I look at the job and estimate how long it will take and put a price accordingly. If you do fertilizing you will need a good spreader I do it 2 times a year Autum and Spring and I do it in the rain so it washes in but not all customers want it doing I charge the same price as mowing.

Hope that helps ya :noel

bb1
24-12-2011, 08:22 PM
I charge extra for weed spraying and fertilizing, just quote on a per job basis

DavidS
25-12-2011, 09:05 AM
Only thing I don't charge extra for is for poisoning weeds in the cracks in paths and drives. All other work is quoted or charged per hour, plus chemicals and fertilisers. Complete a Chemcert certification for $350.00, ,which lasts 5 years then $250.00 to renew every 5 yrs and you can apply all the chemicals you will need. I spray for spiders, fleas and flies as well as pests and diseases in gardens and lawns. Make really good money out of this service. Just picked up a new spray tank and boom for towing behind my rideon for the really large lawns that I have.

PhilG
25-12-2011, 11:13 AM
Hi Antic There is good money in weed spraying in lawns and garden beds and also fertilizing.
You will need a 20 litre back pack for lawns I use (Amgrow Bin-Die) make sure you get the one that is ok to use in Buffalo and other lawns. I mix 30mm to 5 litres of water and I sort of know how fast to walk over the lawn, you walk slow and move the wand from side to side. It gets rid of Clover, Bindi, and most broard leaf weeds. Clover may need 2 goes. I charge 20% above my mowing price. In Hard Surfaces and garden beds I have a small sprayer and mix Glyphosate to a rate of 15mm to 1litre of water and I look at the job and estimate how long it will take and put a price accordingly. If you do fertilizing you will need a good spreader I do it 2 times a year Autum and Spring and I do it in the rain so it washes in but not all customers want it doing I charge the same price as mowing.

Hope that helps ya :noel

Is there a spray bar that can be attached to the wand on a backpack sprayer? Would be easier to get an even coverage.

Antic
25-12-2011, 12:04 PM
Most of my clients do no live in the holiday homes I mow, the local R/E looks after the holiday bookings each week/month.

Apart from mowing I do charge $15.00 xtra for weed spray in the driveways,paths and so on.This happens every few months or so on most places.

I am also thinking now of spot spraying the lawns with a general weeds,clover and broadleaf weeds killer.Maybe charge $15.00 as well for this as I could probably do quite e few lawns with one backpack so my costs would be negligable.

Just thinking of ways to value add my run but at the sametime giving value for money to the client and at the same time improving my jobs apperance over the long run.

One issue with my run is so many lawns are managed by the R/E and I have to seek approval for most work and that means taking photo's, to and fro between the R/E,client and then back to me.
But they don't seem to question $15.00 or $20.00 here and there.

So to save all the hassle I have been doing Roundup on hard surfaces and now going into the weed spray.It has to be done anyway so it might as well be me and saves all the BS bakwards and forward.

Besides,I do want our lawns looking better than the average homeowner who just bangs the mower over it every few weeks.

DavidS
25-12-2011, 07:53 PM
These should fit most good quality Backpack sprayers, the 4 nozzle boom would really cover some ground.
http://www.hardi.com.au/en-au/Products/INT%20Hand%20Operated/INT%20BP20%20and%20BP15.aspx?sm={C67E1BC4-CDA8-4BD7-A9D7-FCBD5A4CB2AF}

ian
26-12-2011, 07:47 AM
These should fit most good quality Backpack sprayers, the 4 nozzle boom would really cover some ground.
http://www.hardi.com.au/en-au/Products/INT%20Hand%20Operated/INT%20BP20%20and%20BP15.aspx?sm={C67E1BC4-CDA8-4BD7-A9D7-FCBD5A4CB2AF}

http://www.hardi.com.au/en-au/Products/INT%20Hand%20Operated/INT%20BP20%20and%20BP15.aspx?sm={C67E1BC4-CDA8-4BD7-A9D7-FCBD5A4CB2AF} 4th picture down

DavidS
26-12-2011, 11:27 AM
Thanks Ian I stuffed up

63impala
26-12-2011, 11:55 AM
I got one of the hardies a meter boom with 4 spary nozzels the copper one is shindaiwa bought it out of the cataloge piese by pies at the end it cost 250 just for that set up had to mod it with copper air contioer fittinis to my desire...the are both good but the hardies one is just asome....

administrator
26-12-2011, 09:30 PM
Strange isnt it you can buy a 400 hp chainsaw for 150 bucks and it cost you a fortune for a sprayer typiical Aussie dealers

Antic
27-12-2011, 01:24 PM
Strange isnt it you can buy a 400 hp chainsaw for 150 bucks and it cost you a fortune for a sprayer typiical Aussie dealers

Where can I get one of those for a $150.00, I'll swap it out with my 18HP Kawasaki V Twin on my ZT.

Man,will I be able to cut some grass with that 400HP Honda Chainsaw engine.......lol...

I think I ill buy 2

63impala
28-12-2011, 11:30 AM
So Norta domise says the world ends, to all the indies nice knowing yall sip a cold one in all our hounor pease 2012 is appon us...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcijEbsgFMY

AJD Mowing
28-12-2011, 01:53 PM
I got one of the hardies a meter boom with 4 spary nozzels the copper one is shindaiwa bought it out of the cataloge piese by pies at the end it cost 250 just for that set up had to mod it with copper air contioer fittinis to my desire...the are both good but the hardies one is just asome....

Imp you have all the good gear don't you? Even a dewalt radio they are awsome radios I had one when bricklaying you could hear it from all over the site..
Hey where do you get the Hardie one from this is the first time I have seen them and I want one..

63impala
28-12-2011, 02:21 PM
Yah ajd them radios kick arse...Yah only roll with the best got a taste for it no more second best after that hpw shat itself....Yah there a kubota plase that sell hardies sprayers if you are intered Ill look in to it for you it brakes down in to 3 conponents so would be eazy to ship...

courty
28-12-2011, 02:32 PM
Hey where do you get the Hardie one from this is the first time I have seen them and I want one..

AJD
Try your local Globe Aust shop,they had the Solo brand booms in stock at the one up here last time I was there.

AJD Mowing
28-12-2011, 07:25 PM
Yah ajd them radios kick arse...Yah only roll with the best got a taste for it no more second best after that hpw shat itself....Yah there a kubota plase that sell hardies sprayers if you are intered Ill look in to it for you it brakes down in to 3 conponents so would be eazy to ship...
Thanks Kev that will be good..

63impala
29-12-2011, 07:18 AM
Yah iam on it ajd...And people wonder why I went yello for my bussiness the tralier is dewalt yellow Fark that the biggiest tool box i ever did see oh no just a mowing tralier...

AJD Mowing
29-12-2011, 11:09 AM
Yah iam on it ajd...And people wonder why I went yello for my bussiness the tralier is dewalt yellow Fark that the biggiest tool box i ever did see oh no just a mowing tralier...
You crack me up mate this place wouldnt be the same without ya...
Thanks a bunch..

63impala
29-12-2011, 04:05 PM
You sound like me with tools work etc there ajd in a couble moths ill show you tha world biggest tool box the is mine know but came all the way from los angles its 2m long 1.5wide 1.8high youll love it hags over whene i put it on my truck it bad ass....

I love scip bin diving where ever i see one the where doing renos at bunning and throwing all the shelving unites away the red one and gall late night rade got them safe them going to the tip and all the preess board shelfs hell yeah

they where throwing hundreds of theses a way got some not bad and they aing cheap som ho sippin on port cool

AJD Mowing
29-12-2011, 05:00 PM
You sound like me with tools work etc there ajd in a couble moths ill show you tha world biggest tool box the is mine know but came all the way from los angles its 2m long 1.5wide 1.8high youll love it hags over whene i put it on my truck it bad ass....

I love scip bin diving where ever i see one the where doing renos at bunning and throwing all the shelving unites away the red one and gall late night rade got them safe them going to the tip and all the preess board shelfs hell yeah
they where throwing hundreds of theses a way got some not bad and they aing cheap som ho sippin on port cool

That is one big tool box Kev is it yellow? I cant wait to see it... The lead light pannels look unreal would be nice in a bathroom cant believe they were getting thrown out..

63impala
29-12-2011, 05:15 PM
Nah not yellow rusty brown lol Yes ur junk is my treaser...

courty
29-12-2011, 05:16 PM
they look like they might be from Pacific Fair Kev,the water lily is Pac Fairs emblem.

63impala
29-12-2011, 05:26 PM
Ha ha so true there country Spip bin diving 101 it all urs if you dare to approche it and dive for goodies and yes it was pac fair...

courty
29-12-2011, 05:30 PM
If it's in a bin it's fair game mate,remember when you could wander around the tip looking for stuff? Then the councils got wise and started to sell the stuff,arseholes.

63impala
29-12-2011, 05:39 PM
Man same here i used to think that was the best job in the world being a tip scapper stihl would if you got payed good...Hows tooheys new my favriote aussie brusky has a deere on it and iam an impala its a werd world oh yes...:rolleyes::scared:safety

courty
29-12-2011, 05:42 PM
Man same here i used to think that was the best job in the world being a tip scapper stihl would if you got payed good...Hows tooheys new my favriote aussie brusky has a deere on it and iam an impala its a werd world oh yes...:rolleyes::scared:safety

hahaha ya goose,my favourite is wild turkey,whats that make me lol

Mrs HMS
29-12-2011, 06:48 PM
If it's in a bin it's fair game mate,remember when you could wander around the tip looking for stuff? Then the councils got wise and started to sell the stuff,arseholes.

My Mum used to hate it when Dad did a tip run because he always came back with more than he took there in the first place.

Redeye
29-12-2011, 07:20 PM
TOOHEYS NEW!!!! Now I know you're the real deal! None of this g@y boutique crap;frosty;

PaulG
29-12-2011, 07:45 PM

Have to import some of this Kev!

AJD Mowing
29-12-2011, 07:56 PM
Have to import some of this Kev!

Haaaha Clasic!!
Bintang for me:dance

63impala
30-12-2011, 07:34 AM
Lol good one even a dewalt back ground looks like zolu beer...

63impala
30-12-2011, 07:45 AM
Funny that impala looks exzacly the same as on a Chevrolet 1963 Impala

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roIjElfJm9k