PDA

View Full Version : NCH Express Accounts Free Version

SM MOWING
29-12-2011, 10:50 PM
Does anyone use the above and is it really free or will it tell me that ive lost all my data in 30 days?? It says its a free basic version that doesnt have some of the features of the real version which is why it i fre but so far i cant find anything wrong with it or any of the missing features! any help would be good.

Neil&family
30-12-2011, 09:10 AM
pretty sure u would be on a trial version of the complete package.after the evaluation period it will stop some features. Customer service is **** if u need it too.

glassngrass
30-12-2011, 09:56 AM
I did have a look at this product - there are other products that are much more suitable.

Consider http://waveaccounting.com/
It's web-based, forever free (not free-ish), can import your bank statements and teach it 'rules' to automate (eg. payments to Caltex is fuel, right?), bank feeds are even available for many banks (if you don't use a security token) (CBA, NAB, ANZ, many others)

However for ease of use, security, bank feeds - you really won't do better than Xero.
Yeah it's $49/month, but you recover that each month in the time you save.
Xero is developing sooooo fast - recent updates now allow for customer overpayments and prepayments, a basic payroll is now included, however shortly the integrated PayCycle (bought out by Xero) will be included at no extra cost - great if you employ.
Xero just 'works', has beautiful invoices you can edit using MS Word, can 'play nice' with a huge range of other web-based services such as shopping carts, CRM, time tracking

Alternately, most of you sole traders need only to track your sales invoicing.
It's this side that is key for you - who owes you and when you get paid.
Freshbooks is web-based, can send email, letter (and soon SMS text) reminders to overdue accounts.
It can link with Xero, however you might well get by just fine keeping your paid receipts in envelopes (eg fuel, tip) for your accountant, or complete a spreadsheet as you go if you need to track GST. Since Wave is free and works quite well, I recommend you use this if free is what you need.
Otherwise, I just can't recommend Xero highly enough for service based business.