PDA

View Full Version : Mulching

Greenie
13-01-2012, 04:50 PM
As the title states guys, i did a search and didnt find alot,
i thought this would be a great time to talk about mulching if anyone got hints n tips and why do we do it and so fourth would be good for all to share.

Last few weeks i did a job, a customer asked me to mow without the catcher, and i thought this would of been perfect if only i had a Mulching plug for the Honda 21" so last week i bought one from deans site,
http://www.indmowing.com.au/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=78&products_id=490
and today i used it for the first time, and i was extremely satisfied with the finish. You honestly couldnt tell i mowed with out the catcher.
So im guess this will be like feeding the grass and promote better and healthier grass.

ill start off with a few questions, can we mulch the same job over and over again??
wont this create thatch?
will it make the grass stronger and healthier?

simo
13-01-2012, 05:10 PM
Hey greenie mulching is the way to go if you have suitable lawns to mulch..eg buffalo mulches better than couch and kykuyu mulches like cr@p so does wet grass.. i`ve been mulching for a couple of yrs now and no thatch problem and yes had a couple of customers complain there grass now grows to faster but looks great..happy mulching

Stump
13-01-2012, 05:38 PM
I mulch almost everything in summer, and hate catching the ones that want it. Saves heaps of time, and greenwaste costs. Most customers dont know the difference. My brother had a go at me the other day, because he realised that I wasnt catching his lawn. Been mulching it since dot. He has a really nice Kyke lawn and it comes up great using the mulch. Kyke only looks crap if you try to cut it too short, otherwise it comes up great. In summer, when the lawns are full of daisy stalk etc, you would be a mug to bother catching IMO.

Greenie
13-01-2012, 05:45 PM
2 questions,
How does "sir Walter" mulch?? I have a customer that has spent lots of money on his lawn and when I cut it ( shaving the top ) u can see its not covered, he has his own landscaper bit after months I doubt he's any good, so I told him I'll start to mulch it every 1 1/2 weeks

Greenie
13-01-2012, 05:46 PM
Sorry forgot the next question what about cooch???