see the diff between honda and rover, and the rover has 1.5 HP more

happymowin
21-02-2012, 10:10 PM
1st one is 2 hrs work, got about 4 cubic metres of clips

2 and 3 are cox stripes

4 is rover job, was pretty long and REALLY lush

happymowin
21-02-2012, 10:12 PM
forgot one, this is your rover vs honda discharge, remembering honda is 21 inch, 160cc(4.5 HP) and rover is 22 inch, 190 cc (6 hp)

happymowin
21-02-2012, 10:13 PM
sorry honda on left, rover on right d'oh

BeetleJuice
22-02-2012, 11:05 AM
Yep it's that hump at the bottom of the honda chute that causes strife

63impala
22-02-2012, 12:12 PM
I hat that on hondas Grass scoop when going up stairs it some how all was gets bent and then the blades start hitting it...

St George
22-02-2012, 03:41 PM
The hump on the Honda is the self propelled part? Is that right?

happymowin
22-02-2012, 06:30 PM
the hump at the bottom of the chute is the cover over the rear axle (its NOT what causes strife IMO, its cos the gearbox takes up half the space of the ejection chute)

on the LEFT side of the ejection hole is where the gearbox is

the rover has the gearbox up on the deck of the mower, thats why it has a full size ejection hole

thats why the rovers collect grass so much better (and the extra 1.5 HP dont hurt either)

cheers

Greenie
22-02-2012, 06:46 PM
You might need new tires on the Honda soon:):)

happymowin
22-02-2012, 07:36 PM
You might need new tires on the Honda soon:):)

actually i prefer it that way, then i can spin it round and it doesnt dig divots in the lawn. you can pull back on it and the tyres just spin, especially handy when doing tight turns on concrete too

i dont use the honda much at all atm, i can only easily carry one mower, and i prefer the rover,

when u go back to the honda you can REALLY notice how underpowered and heavy it is, the handle is lower and shorter, meaning leaning over a bit (im 6 foot 2) - and the catcher doesnt pack full - but you all know all that, lol

lol, thinking of grinding the tread OFF the rover - that will also slow it down a bit

anyone got some rover slicks?

Greenie
22-02-2012, 07:39 PM
Haha lol, mate id love a rover, but I have no bloody room to put it, my mrs would shoot me,I got 2 Honda"s a big bob a ride on, 2 edgers and bits n pieces every where I got no bloody room:):) buy the time I'm ready for it they would of stopped making them :(

happymowin
22-02-2012, 07:45 PM
my missus is the same,

she kept harping "you got SIX mowers" (lol even the KIDS keep telling everyone THAT story now, lol)

she was counting the old rusted cox i had in the backyard for the last 6 years too - luckily i just sold that and its good catcher (catcher was in shed) for $300 to a guy with the same model.

now i can say "i ONLY got FIVE" mowers (honda, rover, and a domestic non sp rover; walker MB ride, cox ride, 3 whippys, 2 blowers, hedger, polesaw, chainsaw, and a partridge in a pear tree) lol

i snuck the rover in on the back of the cox, she just gave up and said "whatever" so i ran out and snagged it quick before she woke up.

if i now wanted another one, i'd have to come live with YOU , lol

Chris B
22-02-2012, 08:16 PM
i dont use the honda much at all atm, i can only easily carry one mower, and i prefer the rover,

when u go back to the honda you can REALLY notice how underpowered and heavy it is, the handle is lower and shorter, meaning leaning over a bit (im 6 foot 2) - and the catcher doesnt pack full - but you all know all that, lol

so does the rover actually mulch better than the honda as well?

happymowin
22-02-2012, 08:36 PM
dont know chris

never mulched with the honda, never with the rover

i catch every lawn