PDA

View Full Version : Jimbo forum

Jayk
23-02-2012, 06:21 PM
Howdy Fellas and Gals,

just got booted from the jimbo forum. My Fuhrer did'nt like my attitude to free speach. 6 yrs of long service to it too! Please don't kick me from this one admin lol! its all i have. If any of ya want to know the secret handshake, just drop me a line!
long live free speech!

Jayk

Greenie
23-02-2012, 06:24 PM
mate spill the beans:) what happend.?

Stripes
23-02-2012, 06:25 PM
what did you say to be hit with the ban stick?

Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden
23-02-2012, 06:49 PM
So does that mean you no longer have to pay there monthly fee.

Jayk
23-02-2012, 06:52 PM
Still have to mate, but i will be leaving soon. Hopefully i can join this one in a proper way. i juat have to be careful what i say on here about what happened. i can pm you if ya like!

Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden
23-02-2012, 07:04 PM
Yeah if you wish

AJD Mowing
23-02-2012, 07:06 PM
Shoot Him he is a Spy :FU
Just kidding mate

Greenie
23-02-2012, 07:13 PM
The only boss I have is my wife:):(

AJD Mowing
23-02-2012, 07:18 PM
Hey Jayk I like gossip you can PM me if you like??

imoww
23-02-2012, 07:52 PM
Jayk. send me a pm too. Love to hear

geoff1969
23-02-2012, 07:56 PM
what did you say to be hit with the ban stick?

proberly said he wants to keep the profits from the work he dose ..hahahaha nar serious mate enjoy your posts

SM MOWING
23-02-2012, 09:05 PM
Can ya pm me in too....whats the sectret handshake......open some doors

Bluey
23-02-2012, 10:46 PM
There is the dark side JayK

happymowin
24-02-2012, 05:36 AM
bluey,

the force is strong in this one *sounds of respirator*

lol

glad youre "seeing the light" jayk

surprised jimbo doesnt lose a LOT more guys, once your run is established, the way i see it, is you could spend some of that $140 a week and $8 a lead on your own ads, and do away with jimbo entirely

maybe lots hang on there BECAUSE they spent $30 k , and they dont want to "waste it" by leaving; rather than because its making them more money to stay there.

i dunno.

if youre a jim and you LIKE the system, good on you, im not having a swipe at you.

i know some guys use the system to their advantage, have 3 offsiders and make a squillion.

but for me, i only ever want to be solo, can only do 35 lawns a week, and dont think it would be of value to ME.

cheers

Jayk
05-03-2012, 09:19 PM
There is the dark side JayK

haaaaaaaaaaa Bluey! somethings best not spken about!

AJD Mowing
05-03-2012, 09:35 PM
So whats the secret handshake then? Do you know something we dont Bluey:confused:

SM MOWING
05-03-2012, 10:18 PM
Yeah do tell......????

Jayk
05-03-2012, 10:27 PM
Fellas, no secret handshake. after 6 1/2 yrs i know the secrets of this biz..... hard work, charge properly, look after your clients. that is all it comes down too! None of you have anytihing to worry about from any of the franchises out there doing this. They dont have anything to worry about from you guys either, other than you can set up a shingle any where you want too! Cowboys,... now they are something we all have to worry about.... only until the client wants a quality job! I probably had less training than you guys before i started lol! Good to be able to spk frealy on here fellas! ..just gotta keep walkin forward

SM MOWING
05-03-2012, 10:38 PM
where is the jimbo forum and how does one join..is there a back entrance???

AJD Mowing
06-03-2012, 05:22 AM
Fellas, no secret handshake. after 6 1/2 yrs i know the secrets of this biz..... hard work, charge properly, look after your clients. that is all it comes down too! None of you have anytihing to worry about from any of the franchises out there doing this. They dont have anything to worry about from you guys either, other than you can set up a shingle any where you want too! Cowboys,... now they are something we all have to worry about.... only until the client wants a quality job! I probably had less training than you guys before i started lol! Good to be able to spk frealy on here fellas! ..just gotta keep walkin forward
So why did they kick you out mate?

Bluey
06-03-2012, 06:34 AM
So whats the secret handshake then? Do you know something we dont Bluey:confused:

Yeah there is...at the stroke of midnight on a full moon you have to strip naked and paint your body in fluro yellow and green paint then dance naked around a Jimbo's trailer anti clockwise 7 times chanting "Obmij ....Obmij....Obmij" at the top of your voice. Once you do that a secret portal will open in the trailer and you will get access to the back door.

South East Mowing
06-03-2012, 08:36 AM
Yeah there is...at the stroke of midnight on a full moon you have to strip naked and paint your body in fluro yellow and green paint then dance naked around a Jimbo's trailer anti clockwise 7 times chanting "Obmij ....Obmij....Obmij" at the top of your voice. Once you do that a secret portal will open in the trailer and you will get access to the back door.

No back doors for me thanks mate!:wtf

administrator
06-03-2012, 09:28 AM
Theres two Jimbo forums which one booted you .

The Local Gardener
06-03-2012, 10:44 AM
No back doors for me thanks mate!:wtf

Why not John, I thought you were Greek!

63impala
06-03-2012, 07:28 PM
When you join jims u become his personal pirate yuk yuk yuk....lol thumps down to that....

AJD Mowing
06-03-2012, 07:40 PM

Haaaaa You Are A Dead Set Clown Haaa Love it!!

AJD Mowing
06-03-2012, 07:42 PM
Theres two Jimbo forums which one booted you .

I think he has taken the vow of silence probably in the cone of silence with the chief Admin

administrator
06-03-2012, 08:43 PM
Id say it was the main one Jim has authority over that one .
The other he doesnt .

SM MOWING
06-03-2012, 08:48 PM
where are the forums?

ian
06-03-2012, 08:51 PM
where are the forums?
just guessing but i think there on the internet :laughing:

PaulG
06-03-2012, 08:51 PM
They're not public forums like this one.

63impala
06-03-2012, 08:53 PM
The have some stupit code like puff puff Ill pass on there stupid codes lol lol:doh

The Local Gardener
06-03-2012, 09:08 PM
The have some stupit code like puff puff Ill pass on there stupid codes lol lol:doh

puff puff giiiive mf

Cranbourne Lawnmowing
06-03-2012, 09:12 PM
where is the jimbo forum and how does one join..is there a back entrance???

back entrance costs around 25g forum costs about $140 a week

63impala
06-03-2012, 09:19 PM
Ha ha love your style there TLG for the homies back iin the day...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P66QLCEdwWE

Cranbourne Lawnmowing
06-03-2012, 09:25 PM
Bluey....we dont want to know what you get up to in your spare time....;) haha

glassngrass
07-03-2012, 07:36 AM
Got booted off Jim's forum? You're already aware that it's no great loss.

How is the alternative, Jims Member's Forum that little 'ol me started during my brief time as a Jimbo? (bookkeeping division)
Still humming along? I hope I left an ongoing legacy.

imoww
08-03-2012, 01:55 PM
What do Jim's mowing charge by the hour for lawn mowing?

MowerRob
08-03-2012, 05:09 PM
Got booted off Jim's forum? You're already aware that it's no great loss.

How is the alternative, Jims Member's Forum that little 'ol me started during my brief time as a Jimbo? (bookkeeping division)
Still humming along? I hope I left an ongoing legacy.

Why dont ya ask Bluey ;frosty;

MowerRob
08-03-2012, 05:10 PM
What do Jim's mowing charge by the hour for lawn mowing?

enough
and probably the same as a good Indy

63impala
08-03-2012, 05:16 PM
$45 and hour or just a mow and $35 and hour garden maintaince... So I herd they aint my prices...

PaulG
08-03-2012, 06:45 PM
Jims are just like us. They charge what they want as per the individual running the business. They don't have set charges.

Bluey
08-03-2012, 08:13 PM
Jims are just like us. They charge what they want as per the individual running the business. They don't have set charges.

Yep...spot on....

The Local Gardener
08-03-2012, 09:54 PM
Ha ha love your style there TLG for the homies back iin the day...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P66QLCEdwWE

The good old days indeed!!!!

Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden
09-03-2012, 12:55 AM
jims prices seem to vary all over the place ive had some cheaper and still my jobs and some dearer and lose jobs to me (I never chase anyone elses clients jims vips or indys unless asked my price) as some one mentioned think it depends on the operator and how hungry for jobs he is, But then again my prices vary if its one off in the wet season or a regular epecially in the dry. I dont really see jims as a threat these days just another lawnie on the road trying to make money. These days i have my small regular customer base im still trying to add to, My regular service department that today didnt even charge labour to put a new belt on and now days i care about me and my buisness and wave to the other guys and see them as fellow people in the same industry no matter the name on there trailer (so long as its not Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care If it is hope for his sake he knows how to fight).

Jayk
09-03-2012, 06:54 PM
i would charge the same as you guys.

PaulG
09-03-2012, 09:58 PM
Speaking of Jims.....

He's about to pull off another cunning stunt!

http://www.startupsmart.com.au/strategy/long-term-business-partnerships-with-deal-sites-tipped-to-surge/201203065592.html

Long-term business partnerships with deal sites tipped to surge

By Michelle Hammond
Tuesday, 06 March 2012

Australian franchise Jim’s Group has partnered with discount voucher site DiscountOn.com.au in order to spark sales, with an expert saying similar long-term partnerships are on the cards.

Jim’s Group comprises 40 different franchises including Jim’s Mowing, Jim’s Cleaning and Jim’s Fencing.

DiscountOn.com.au is a discount voucher company, founded by Melbourne entrepreneurs Adam Rowson and Ben Stefanescu.

The site enables consumers to pay suppliers directly, so retailers don’t have to wait up to 60 days to be paid by the site itself.

It’s understood DiscountOn.com.au contacted Jim’s Group founder and chief executive Jim Penman about a potential partnership.

Within a few hours, Penman had signed up and included DiscountOn.com.au in his franchisee newsletter, encouraging all 3100 Jim’s Group franchisees to participate.

“We hope this venture will be successful,” Penman said in a statement.

Rowson believes DiscountOn.com.au will be a major boost for retailers “who must be struggling to work out which sites are offering the best deals, as there are nearly 50 of them now”.

“In regards to complaints made about group buying sites, most of the complaints are around delays in delivery, the inability to redeem deals and slow customer service,” Rowson says.

“Our system solves all of those issues.”

The news comes one week after Westfield announced a partnership with group buying giant Groupon, launching a new group buying deals service known as Groupon Powered by Westfield.

The partnership will see consumers offered a range of exclusive deals with retailers such as Hoyts, Escape Travel, Boost Juice, Salsa’s Fresh Mex, Ed Harry and Ella Rouge Beauty.

Telsyte senior research manager Sam Yip says such partnerships are a “sign of the times”, with more consumers not only shopping online but looking for discounts and comparing deals.

“To be able to use a channel that has that level of engagement with consumers online is important. For bricks and mortar retailers, it makes sense to do so,” Yip says.

“In the past 24 months, there has been a move beyond the usual shopping carts to things such as group buying and gamification around shopping.

“We’re expecting in the next 24 months there will be many more partnerships with service providers and retailers looking for ways to boost sales.

“It makes sense because they’re following where the consumer is going.”

Yip says retailers and service-based businesses need to work out who their existing customer base is and who they’re marketing to.

“A lot of these sites already have a social media presence. Work out what profile they’re actually targeting and whether that’s compatible with your service or product,” he says.

For group buying and deal sites, Yip points out that there is a backlog of merchants wanting to sign up, with no shortage of businesses wanting to use such platforms.

“[These sites can therefore afford to be] a lot more robust about credit checks,” he says.