PDA

View Full Version : Smartlink

Stripes
06-03-2012, 02:40 PM
Weathermatic have just introduced their Smartlink option for Weathermatic controllers. Smartlink is an add-on which allows the controller to be adjusted using any internet connection including your smartphone. This means as an installer, I am able to adjust the watering schedule without having to be on site at the job. It also sends you an alert when an electrical fault arises, so that these can be repaired before plants become stressed. It can also be used as a remote control which will save a lot of time during servicing.
They will be on a plan just like a mobile. Not sure on costings yet but it will save a lot of time.

For more information: http://weathermatic.com/index.cfm?page=SmartLink

Bluey
06-03-2012, 03:34 PM
That is a brilliant idea stripes. Now you have to work out a rate for doing it lol

Stripes
06-03-2012, 03:39 PM
That is a brilliant idea stripes. Now you have to work out a rate for doing it lol

Yeah it depends on the client I suppose. If it's someone I have installed an entire system for I can spend two minutes adjusting their controller for free, but if it's someone who I have only upgraded a system for then I will charge something like $55 I think. They are saving money as they don't pay the normal call out fee, and I don't have to drive somewhere and arrange a time to gain access to a garage or wherever the controller is. The best part is it won't eat in to my day when I'm busy. I can do it when I get home in the afternoon in my own time, then just shoot them an email to say it's done (in the cases where they stuff up the program or want the times increased/decreased).

Stripes
04-05-2012, 11:23 AM
Weathermatic now have a good video on how Smartlink and the weather station work.

It's the second video on my Water Saving Products page.

Smartlink isn't out yet but will be here shortly. I can't wait!

http://www.autoirrigation.com.au/index.php?p=1_17

Stripes
25-08-2012, 04:59 PM
I installed my first smartlink system at a hospital during the week and love it! I then log onto the smartlink website and bring up the site and then I am able to use my phone as a remote control to turn zones on and off for repairs. Being in a public place it was awesome, if it sprayed onto the pathways (lots of broken nozzles) I could shut it off right there without having to go to the controller, or if someone walked onto the area I was about to test I could tell them they will get wet, rather than being at the controller and turning it on so in the meantime they get wet. If I needed to flush something I just did it right there where I needed it for 10 seconds and then turn it off again.

Kathryn
25-08-2012, 06:15 PM
that sounds awesome. it must make a job heaps easier