PDA

View Full Version : Spider bite

Cranbourne Lawnmowing
06-03-2012, 10:32 PM
I'm sure I was bitten on the neck by a spider yesterday. Felt it the first time and brushed it off but didn't get it off the second time I actually got it and it was on the ground looking a bit worse for wear. Didn't think much of it until about 3am when I woke up feeling like I was going to throw up. Had a shocker of a head ache, naesea and crook guts. Went to work this morning with my body feeling like jelly and really struggling to keep going. About 1 pm started to feel better. Only thing is my neck is itching like hell.

Anyone else got any experiances with this?

Neil&family
06-03-2012, 11:15 PM
I got bitten on the elbow about 3 months ago. looked like 3 big pussy zits in a triangle and was rock hard. squeezed the bejesus out of it for nothing and my whole arm ached for a week.

PaulG
06-03-2012, 11:29 PM
Able to identify the type of spider at all? None of the more well known baddies?

South East Mowing
07-03-2012, 12:02 AM
I'm sure I was bitten on the neck by a spider yesterday. Felt it the first time and brushed it off but didn't get it off the second time I actually got it and it was on the ground looking a bit worse for wear. Didn't think much of it until about 3am when I woke up feeling like I was going to throw up. Had a shocker of a head ache, naesea and crook guts. Went to work this morning with my body feeling like jelly and really struggling to keep going. About 1 pm started to feel better. Only thing is my neck is itching like hell.

Anyone else got any experiances with this?

Few months back picked up a few empty grass bags I left under spare wheel of trailer. I saw a spider on one (looked like a redback) so i shook the bag but actually flicked the bag. The spider was not there anymore so proceeded to fold it until I felt something in my ear! No time to think but I was sure what it was - just stuck my little finger in there and squished it. Couldnt make out what it was but told the wife to keep the phone handy!!

BeetleJuice
07-03-2012, 08:55 AM
Same here.A few years ago got bitten on the leg in 2 spots had to take a week off,lost strength feeling weak and Lethargic .

63impala
07-03-2012, 09:38 AM
Man i allways get biting by golden orbs they are the most commin the next day u see the nasty mark it leaves but keep mozing forward... see alote of evil hornnets the loser type in a big boganvilla ugly things 1800nohornets please lol

Scooby Steve
07-03-2012, 03:47 PM
Dont worry Glenno it just your spider senses tingling!

Sounds like the venom was working its way through your body with what you went through on a positive note if your reading this you'll probably be ok.

Be careful its a jungle out there.

Bluey
07-03-2012, 10:36 PM
Man i allways get biting by golden orbs they are the most commin the next day u see the nasty mark it leaves but keep mozing forward... see alote of evil hornnets the loser type in a big boganvilla ugly things 1800nohornets please lol

Yeah..I hate those evil loser hornets too