PDA

View Full Version : Keep It Easy Questions

AJD Mowing
07-03-2012, 07:20 PM
Thought this would be good for people setting up the Keep It Easy software program to have a place to ask questions and the guys and girls familiar with the program could answer them so we are not ringing Selina all the time.

I have a question; When setting up receipt categories I am confused whether this is receipts from us to give to a customer or receipt categories for items we have purchased. I think it is for receipts for things we have purchased for our business because there is reference to the BAS form. If this is the case wouldn't the receipts be listed in the Expense Caegorie?

Harvey
07-03-2012, 07:42 PM
In mine, all things i buy and have receipts for end up in the expense page and it totals all my expenditure and gst ive paid.
All income from customers when you enter their payment automatically gets put in the income/receipts page. The catagory always says service for me, i guess shops might have product as an option if they sell stock

AJD Mowing
07-03-2012, 07:58 PM
Hi Harvey the part I am talking about is in software tools/software button/system preferences/Receipt Categories. In the user manual pg 16 its for setting all the preferences up it says its the first thing to do..

Harvey
07-03-2012, 08:22 PM
My default is 'service'. Other options might be product, fee or other.
Example - A job may be mowing $50, edging $10, and they bought mulch of you $40, but they paid late so late fee $10. So mowing and edging comes under service, mulch they bought is product and late fee is fee. Then you can get it to give you a summary of income and it can tell you how much you've made selling your product (maybe you grow plants and sell them to customers, or chip waste and sell mulch back to them), the total fees you've charged and total income from services you provide (or your labour i guess).

Im still learning it but thats how it works for me

PaulG
08-03-2012, 12:12 AM
You guys are fast. I'm still trying to finish entering my client list into mine.

Good idea for a topic too.

Leon241
20-03-2012, 12:38 PM
Does anyone know how the change the job scheduler to show certain hours instead of all 24? I don't do too many jobs starting at midnight!

AJD Mowing
30-03-2012, 08:05 PM
I got it pretty well worked out now. I did have a few issues and Selina was fantastic she has great after sales service... I have all customers in with all jobs booked and sent an invoice through the system via email and all good. I still have to put in expenses and assets as well as reconcile to match my banking. Not going to change my book keeping system until 1st July

Dean

Leon241
15-05-2012, 07:55 PM
How do I change from trial to full version? Obviously by paying! but there is no answer to emails/calls at the moment. I can't book any more jobs!!

administrator
15-05-2012, 08:13 PM
apparently they are on holidays at the moment

South East Mowing
15-05-2012, 08:14 PM
How do I change from trial to full version? Obviously by paying! but there is no answer to emails/calls at the moment. I can't book any more jobs!!

Selina is on holidays until 23/5. I made a few enquiries just before she left.

Cranbourne Lawnmowing
15-05-2012, 08:23 PM
I sent her a txt early last week and got a reply on friday. Not sure if she was already on holidays but might be worth a try.

AJD Mowing
15-05-2012, 08:34 PM
I was talking to her on Monday just before she headed off she sorted out a problem I had..

Blaktop
16-05-2012, 08:52 AM
Does anyone know if you can change the layout of invoices (customise them). I have a few "slow payers" and would like to be able to put "reminder" in. When I was using Excel for invoices I could just add whatever I wanted and highlight relevant text (like "pay up or I'll send the boys round"....lol). Overall I am liking the program but unless I can edit the invoices I am considering going back to Excel to do my invoices. I don't want to as it's quite a bit of extra work.

AJD Mowing
16-05-2012, 02:03 PM
I cant see how to do that maybe Salina can tell us.. I know what you can do you can go to Software Tools/Software/Standard Letters. Then make and save an overdue letter that you can email along with a copy of the invoice and even a statement if you want. Selina told me she will come on here one day and answer questions.

Maybe you could T that up Admin?

Neil&family
16-05-2012, 02:09 PM
I use a program called pdf fill.Its free and you can add content to any pdf. I stamp them so to speak as paid or overdue. Pretty sure u can enter text but have not tried.

Blaktop
16-05-2012, 06:43 PM
I'm stacking up a list of queries for Selina when she gets back from holidays (she'll probably want to go again....lol).....just though someone might know.

PaulG
16-05-2012, 08:02 PM
Was just looking at the program and there doesn't seem to be a Help menu anywhere.

AJD Mowing
16-05-2012, 08:14 PM
I'm stacking up a list of queries for Selina when she gets back from holidays (she'll probably want to go again....lol).....just though someone might know.

HaaHa I think the reason she went on holidays was to get rid of me so she will come back and its your turn lol

AJD Mowing
16-05-2012, 08:18 PM
Was just looking at the program and there doesn't seem to be a Help menu anywhere.

Hi Paul there is a pdf file with an instruction manual. I printed it out and put it in a folder there is 96 pages. :)

PaulG
16-05-2012, 08:22 PM
Where did you find that Dean? Was it on their website?

AJD Mowing
16-05-2012, 08:35 PM
Hi Paul I got it when I got the program. PM me your email and I will send it over..
Dean

PaulG
16-05-2012, 11:57 PM
I'll check my email from Selina Dean. Maybe it's there and I never noticed it. Will send you the Pm just in case.

Blaktop
17-05-2012, 12:17 AM
It's downloadable from the website.

http://www.keepiteasy.com.au/tutorials/

Leon241
23-07-2012, 10:49 AM
Does anyone know how the change the job scheduler to show certain hours instead of all 24?

Maybe just changing it to show 8am to 8 pm? Can it be done?

Cheers

Blaktop
23-07-2012, 03:37 PM
If you're talking about the job management page, I'm not sure if you can change it to show 12 hours instead of 24 in the place where you actually schedule the jobs in but when you go to print you can choose to just print 6.00am to 6.00pm.....and if you have jobs scheduled after 6.00pm ...... you're working too hard.....lol.

AJD Mowing
23-07-2012, 03:38 PM
I dont think so. You have to remember this program is not just for lawnmowing it is for businesses like cleaning as well where people can work in the night as well...

DavidS
14-08-2012, 08:34 PM
A tip for those of us that have multiple visits to clients over a month and only want to raise one invoice. When you complete your first visit mark as job complete and raise a Invoice, next visit check what the invoice number was that you raised on the first visit, then mark second job as complete, then down in section on RH lower there is a section for Invoice number, punch in the invoice number and then click on raise invoice, the second job will then be added to the original invoice, you then add the other visits the same way then at end of month you just email the one invoice to client with all the charges for the services carried out. Then when you receive payment make certain you go back into Job Management section and mark Invoice as paid from there, not in the Accounts section under Income/Reciepts

South East Mowing
14-08-2012, 08:42 PM
A tip for those of us that have multiple visits to clients over a month and only want to raise one invoice. When you complete your first visit mark as job complete and raise a Invoice, next visit check what the invoice number was that you raised on the first visit, then mark second job as complete, then down in section on RH lower there is a section for Invoice number, punch in the invoice number and then click on raise invoice, the second job will then be added to the original invoice, you then add the other visits the same way then at end of month you just email the one invoice to client with all the charges for the services carried out. Then when you receive payment make certain you go back into Job Management section and mark Invoice as paid from there, not in the Accounts section under Income/Reciepts

Good tip David , THANKS. I should read the tutorial at some stage

courty
14-08-2012, 08:57 PM

This is how I do it,easypeasy

Dazz1
17-08-2012, 09:17 AM
What about customers that pay upfront for X amount of jobs?

Neil&family
17-08-2012, 08:31 PM
Enter the full payment.It will come up as credit. When you invoice the next job it will ask you if you want to deduct it from their credit.

Bluey
24-08-2012, 08:00 AM

Found a better way. Complete all the jobs for the client and they will appear in the Who Needs Invoices section. Sort it by Customer and then use the control key to highlight all the jobs for that customer. Raise the invoice and they are all printed on the invoice. It actually tells you how to do this at the bottom of the Who Needs Invoices page.

Blaktop
24-08-2012, 08:10 AM
That's what I do. Also when I have someone who doesn't pay last month's invoice (I have a couple of "slow" payers) I go to invoices and delete last month's invoice then go to Who Needs Invoices and it will show up there. I select both jobs and print it, then write the previous invoice number and highlight the job in red. I don't tend to invoice when I do the job.....mostly I invoice at the end of the month. Most of my invoices are commercials and with a couple of exceptions, they all pay towards the end of the next month regardless of what your trading terms are stated on the invoice. I'm working out when their individual pay cycles are and this summer will start invoicing them a week before their payment cycle. Generally it seems to be around the end of the 3rd week of the month so I'll be invoicing them at the end of the second week.

Dazz1
26-08-2012, 03:58 PM
What extra "Expense Categories" have people added to KIE?

Blaktop
26-08-2012, 10:21 PM
I have

Accounting
Advertising
Consumables - oils, whippersnipper cord, poisons, mower blades etc etc
Dump Fees - Just for my own info
Maintenance - Repairs and maintenance to any plant & equipment
Mower Fuel
Vehicle Fuel
Plant & Equipment
Postage
Standing Costs - Things like insurance, rego etc
Telephone
Miscellaneous - anything I don't have a category for

I can't remember what was in there originally but that's what I have. My accountant is happy enough with that and it gives me a good enough idea on where the money is going. When you make a payment, in addition to the category you also have the option to put in exactly what it is for so Whippersnipper cord for example gets filed under Consumables as Whippersnipper cord so at any time I can look up how much I have spent on cord

DavidS
27-08-2012, 06:46 AM
Accounting Fees, Advertising, Bank Fees, Car Expenses for other 1/2, Computer Supplies, Creditcard, Electricity, Fuel & Oil Ute, Fuel & Oil mowers, Home Phone & Internet, Insurance, Interest Paid, Licences, Loan Payments, Meals, Misc, Mobile Phone, New Plant & Equipment, Office Equipment, Owners Drawings, Postage, Printing & Stationary, Prptective Clothing, Purchase of Materials, Rates & Land Taxes, Registrations ( for business ), Repairs and Maintenance, Rubbish Fees, Subscriptions, Sundry payments, Tax services, Tools, Transfers to other Accounts (Money to Tax account), Travel & Accomodation & Ute Expenses.
Hope this helps

Dazz1
27-08-2012, 04:47 PM
Thanks guys, I've got a few of these so i hope im on the right track!

Alby
09-09-2012, 08:58 PM
You can actually add expense categories on the fly .. that is, as something new crops up that you want itemised you can add it in then enter the expense.
Its a pretty good system - I asked Selina recently if she could add a 'quote' system or a proforma invoice that can be used when quoting big jobs - something that looks like an invoice but says quote and can be changed nto an invoice if the quote is accepted and completed. Said she would think about it...

Neil&family
10-09-2012, 08:44 PM
You can actually add expense categories on the fly .. that is, as something new crops up that you want itemised you can add it in then enter the expense.
Its a pretty good system - I asked Selina recently if she could add a 'quote' system or a proforma invoice that can be used when quoting big jobs - something that looks like an invoice but says quote and can be changed nto an invoice if the quote is accepted and completed. Said she would think about it...

Same response i got when i mentioned the Quote section. Would be very handy.

PaulG
12-09-2012, 02:31 AM
Received an email from Selina yesterday, which I guess most of you would have, with news of some updates and new features to the program.

DavidS
12-09-2012, 05:56 PM
Yep all done and dusted, works fine for me, love being able to set credit days per clients as some of mine are 14 days and the rest are 7 days, used to have to keep remembering to change to 14 days when invoicing and I would forget most of the time and would get a call about change of trading terms. Now I don't have to worry, plus lots more room for description of what garden work I have carried out.

Bluey
20-09-2012, 12:49 PM
Just doing some work on KIE and had Selina fixing a small issue for me. Whilst doing that I had an idea about being able to send our clients a doc that lists all thier book jobs. They can print it out and put it on the notice board or fridge. Could have reminders to open gates, pick up dog poo and take items off lawns. Could also add msg on up sell of services. Selina is going to work on it.

Bluey
20-09-2012, 12:50 PM
The text on emial process is not working for me. Is anyone else getting it to work?

DavidS
20-09-2012, 06:32 PM
Selina was going to make the option that we could default our own email message instead of the default one that comes with the software. That did not update with this new update. I just highlight the text and delete all then add my own message and Signature. A default message would be easier.

Bluey
21-09-2012, 07:24 AM
Yeah the option is here in the preferences just doesn't work

DavidS
22-09-2012, 05:48 AM
Bluey, did you ask about equipment service history. eg Serial numbers of equipment, hours of use and when serviced and a warning of when the unit is due for service. That's one thing I miss from Gopher. I have had to make up a white board in my shed to list hours of use and when due for service. I have hour meters on all my mowers including my hand mowers. I was going to put hour meters on my whippys but could not find a flat surface big enough to mount a digital hour meter.

geoff
07-06-2013, 09:19 PM
i believe a lot of members purchased this programme ...so is it good???

AJD Mowing
07-06-2013, 09:23 PM
Yes Geoff it is very good I use it and would be lost without it now

geoff
07-06-2013, 09:26 PM
all the bugs gone ??? i gotta changed from gopher invoice2 go and quick books ....i wonder if they can develop an app on the phone that would be the best....i love invoice to go as invoice is sent on site...

AJD Mowing
07-06-2013, 09:34 PM
Not sure if KIE has an app Geoff,I do my invoicing when I get home along with scheduling.
Its good for knowing where your at with money in money out you can check and see how much your owed how much you have earned what your expenses are between any date range. I love it. But having said that have never used any thing else to compare. before that I had spread sheets that I had made.

geoff
07-06-2013, 09:47 PM
mate ive tried everything but that one ..you are probably right but i reckon with the technology in our smart phones should be able to do all on the phone ....we have a wireless printer so you can even print from the phone ....maybe i can pitch this usl;ess putor in the creek as i can even post from dean app on the mowing forum

Neil&family
07-06-2013, 10:32 PM
If you leave the program running on your home pc you can access it remotely through your phone or tablet. I received an email from KIE ages ago regarding a tablet they had successfully tested.

AJD Mowing
08-06-2013, 07:02 AM
mate ive tried everything but that one ..you are probably right but i reckon with the technology in our smart phones should be able to do all on the phone ....we have a wireless printer so you can even print from the phone ....maybe i can pitch this usl;ess putor in the creek as i can even post from dean app on the mowing forum

You can give Selina a ring at Keep It Easy she is very good
0414 225 265

GardeningSolutions
08-06-2013, 08:43 AM
Had this problem with my Keep It Easy program where a couple of clients continue to show up as outstanding in their client page balance, but they are paid in full. Ive checked all the other pages and they show up as paid and have the paid dates. I'm missing something here. Anyone had this problem before?

PaulG
08-06-2013, 02:33 PM
i can even post from dean app on the mowing forum

There's an app for the forum?

geoff
08-06-2013, 05:49 PM
paul referring to the APP FREE DOWNLOAD Lawnmowing Contractors Of Australia .......and get the forum from there.....

GardeningSolutions
11-06-2013, 01:02 PM
Had this problem with my Keep It Easy program where a couple of clients continue to show up as outstanding in their client page balance, but they are paid in full. Ive checked all the other pages and they show up as paid and have the paid dates. I'm missing something here. Anyone had this problem before?
Just putting this one up again. Anyone had this problem?

AJD Mowing
11-06-2013, 02:29 PM
I have not had that problem You can give Selina a ring at Keep It Easy she will sort it out for you
0414 225 265

Neil&family
11-06-2013, 02:47 PM
Do you raise/print an invoice for customers who pay cash? It does it automatically when you hit email invoice but not when you process job. I have an older version so maybe things are different.

Leon241
11-06-2013, 05:16 PM
Just putting this one up again. Anyone had this problem?

Yep, it happens to me currently. Haven't worried about it too much as I know they've paid and I've entered it.

GardeningSolutions
11-06-2013, 05:40 PM
Good to know it's not just me. I'll give Selina a call and see what can be done. I like to have an accurate figure on the customer balance summary, so I know how much is outstanding at any time.

Leon241
11-06-2013, 07:13 PM
I just sorted mine. It was one where I had manually entered the payment, but it hadn't actually connected it to the invoice. When I went into overdue accounts and I clicked paid in full it disappeared.

I find it easier when I click on the job itself and enter the payment details that way, I also don't seem to get double ups on payments etc. by doing that.

Hope this makes some sense!

AJD Mowing
11-06-2013, 08:24 PM
Good to know it's not just me. I'll give Selina a call and see what can be done. I like to have an accurate figure on the customer balance summary, so I know how much is outstanding at any time.

Selina will probably send you a link and when you accept she has control at her end. She will check it out while you watch. Its cool :cool:

GardeningSolutions
12-06-2013, 12:41 PM
Thanks everyone. Ended up calling Selina and problem fixed. Had to delete the suspect payments and re enter them on the job page. All's good. BTW Selina has sold Keep It Easy business to someone in WA and now we will likely have to pay for tech support.
Cheers

PaulG
12-06-2013, 12:54 PM
Are you kidding? Wow. Nice to be informed by her about the changes.

GardeningSolutions
12-06-2013, 03:11 PM
Changes are happening this week I was told.

geoff
12-06-2013, 03:44 PM
Thanks everyone. Ended up calling Selina and problem fixed. Had to delete the suspect payments and re enter them on the job page. All's good. BTW Selina has sold Keep It Easy business to someone in WA and now we will likely have to pay for tech support.
Cheers
thats a shame was looking at the product very carefully but if we have to pay for tech support ...not a very good option

AJD Mowing
12-06-2013, 03:52 PM
Changes are happening this week I was told.

What changes GS ???

PaulG
12-06-2013, 04:07 PM
This Dean.

BTW Selina has sold Keep It Easy business to someone in WA and now we will likely have to pay for tech support.
Cheers

AJD Mowing
12-06-2013, 04:32 PM
I know that Paul but is there any changes to the system I meant?

GardeningSolutions
13-06-2013, 07:15 AM
I know that Paul but is there any changes to the system I meant?
What Selina said was that the guy taking over was very capable and everything should continue as usual except we may have to pay for tech support. I have used the KIE system since 2004,it's been the same bar a few upgrades & I only used tech support twice.

DavidS
13-06-2013, 06:18 PM
I was talking to the new owners and he hinted that there would be a Android app on KIE coming. No Iphone app though. I talked to him on Tuesday and he said all tech requests need to be done by email, as the time difference will make it hard.

administrator
03-07-2013, 10:45 AM
As you may or not know Seliana has sold on her business

Keep It Easy (Aaron) is the expert and new owner of Keep it easy software and we are glad to announce you will have his attention on any of their products .

Keep it easy PR will help you in any matters on their range.

We have just emailed Aaron so he now has THE username and password.

Keep It easy PR
03-07-2013, 07:58 PM
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the log in details Dean, was a bit hard to explain things with out access :) Yes for anyone who still doesn't know Selina has sold KIE. I have taken over the business and added it onto our expanding ventures.

A little about me.... I am currently in this industry (lawn mowing that is) I started out 4 years ago from scratch, and now have 6 trucks on the road, I still work 4-5 days on the tools myself and run 2 other businesses including KIE (keep it easy) lol I know, ironic I own Keep it easy yet am doing 3000 things a day. But that's me, I have a back ground in this type of data base automation software, and I have used it from the early days so I understand all the issues that we have all had with it. Selina and I have worked closely over the last few Updates and I have had some input into the changes that have been released in updates. so when Selina said she was selling it I was probably the best option, due to my back ground and understanding of mowing. And yes I was using Gopher prior to KIE but lets not go there eh? :big grin I will be available to help you guys with any concerns you may have but let me firstly put some concerns to bed.

1. Am I charging for IT support? well put simply it is a business and Yes Tech support is a payable fee, However, it is no different from when we do that little extra for our clients when we mow and maybe spray a few weeds from the pavement (we don’t charge for everything ) and I am not looking at this as a multi million dollar business (I have 6 trucks and that's my main business) and if its just a quick help to fix something and it takes 15 min.. I wouldn’t think of charging, the fees are really only there for anyone who may take advantage of some free help, so don't worry if your genuinely needing a hand I'm more than happy to help, I am sure you understand.

2. Why only email not on call service? Time difference all over the country and Yes I still run my Mowing company and I am still on the tools at least 3-4 days of the week, hence why I use email, in saying that I have still managed to get back to everyone usually in a few hrs to help sort things out, (I have email on the go) and I have already solved 3 issues for your members regarding software issues. (and again I wouldn’t have even considered charging for these simple things).

I am very keen to work with you all, and having someone that truly understands the Lawn mowing industry is a huge advantage to this software I am not trying to make a quick buck or looking at this business as a main income stream so feel free to ask any questions on here as I will be keeping an eye on this forum. Lets work together to get this software perfect.

I have a list of my own issues I will address at a later date some of these are: Android on the go, Quoting, Recepts. there are more but I wont put them all down here.

Anyway guys thanks and feel free to contact me anytime support@keepiteasy.com.au or here.

Aaron.

Redeye
03-07-2013, 10:24 PM
bought KIE today, just entered 25 clients (I'm not unlocked yet), doing my head in a bit lol, awful lot of stuff there I hope I don't need to do......Aaron was in touch 5 Minutes after I purchased - good stuff!!

AJD Mowing
03-07-2013, 10:28 PM
Hey Paul I printed out the manual and read it a few times before I started using it. I would be lost without it now. It will be good once Aaron gets the Quotation and receipt done..

Hi Aaron welcome mate.. Hey I will give you a wave on August 21 as I fly past Perth on my way to Bali :wave-hi:

Keep It easy PR
03-07-2013, 11:51 PM
Hi Paul, I have just sent you a quick start guide (not sure if you got it on your download but sent any way :) your unlock code needs to be activated when you click on the unlock button on the software on your computer, will send you email explaining it here) and its east once you get the jist.. Just flick me a email if your stuck.

Oh and if all else fails hit the delete button :)
"just kidding"
Aaron.

Redeye
06-07-2013, 03:12 PM
seem to have it sorted pretty much - is there a way to enter header details on the invoice ?

AJD Mowing
06-07-2013, 03:46 PM
Software Tools/General/Invoice Header

Redeye
06-07-2013, 05:19 PM
done! cheers mate

Redeye
09-07-2013, 02:11 PM
righto then, next question, when I generate an invoice (which are all emailed), how do I insert a name in the "invoice to" box; also, I have a default email draft I use for emails which has my business card, facebook link embedded, is there a way to link to it or insert it as a default email? (I'm using Windows Live Mail)

AJD Mowing
09-07-2013, 03:46 PM
Hey Paul when you add a new customer you add their email address then when you want to send an invoice go to Accounts/Who needs invoice/Raise invoice for selected jobs and email.
If you have several unpaid jobs that need an invoice emailed hold the control key down and click on each one in the list then click Raise invoice for selected jobs and email.
Im not sure about the Facebook thing but I recon you would add it in Software/General/Text on the email accompanying the email

AJD Mowing
09-07-2013, 03:50 PM
I always have my Outlook open in the background and CC my email in and store the email in a folder for the month for my own records. I do them all at the end of the month and when I Finnish I have a copy of everything that is kept in a folder for that month.
Thats just how I do it dont know if its right or not :)

Cheers
Dean

GardeningSolutions
10-07-2013, 07:18 AM
I do things a bit different due to my wife having the outlook email account on the PC. I've got a Hotmail account. I have put my Hotmail email address in all my customers detail page so it sends their invoices to my email, then forward them on to the customer. Found its the only way to do it if your not the outlook account holder. Sounds like a lot of stuffing around but is still reasonably quick. I also send out invoices after the 2nd cut what ever day it is. Keeps the cash coming in.

AJD Mowing
10-07-2013, 07:30 AM
Thats a good idea mate.. more than one way to skin a cat hey :)

cadase
10-07-2013, 09:48 AM
i send all invoices to my websites email address, which i open in outlook, and send from there. I don't like sending the invoices straight from kie. Outlook keeps it all organized

GardeningSolutions
10-07-2013, 05:05 PM
Does anyone know how to delete a fictional client booked job & job to be invoiced after you have deleted the client? Did a mock run ages ago & it's been sitting there bothering me.

GardeningSolutions
11-07-2013, 05:11 PM
Does anyone know how to delete a fictional client booked job & job to be invoiced after you have deleted the client? Did a mock run ages ago & it's been sitting there bothering me.

AJD Mowing
11-07-2013, 05:57 PM
for the client, Client Details/Permanently Delete/Delete/remove Client then type DELETE in the field box
for the job, Delete Job/Confirm

PaulG
11-07-2013, 06:33 PM
Cool. I have a couple of practice ones like that too.

Keep It easy PR
11-07-2013, 07:13 PM
Hey guys,

Just a foot note for those who seem to double up with email sending so you have copies... If you email direct from KIE it actually DOES use outlook and it is the same as if you send it to your own account and then forward it on.. (it saves it in your out box like a normal email) you can just create a new folder in outlook and drag the sent one ( from your sent items) into your new KIE folder.

Hope this saves you time.

Aaron.

GardeningSolutions
11-07-2013, 07:53 PM
for the client, Client Details/Permanently Delete/Delete/remove Client then type DELETE in the field box
for the job, Delete Job/Confirm

Hi AJD

When we got the software we accidentally deleted the fictional client without changing the regularity status, so I constantly have the fake client without a booking popping up, and several fake jobs to be invoiced that I cant get rid of. Tried re entering client but no luck. Any ideas how I can delete these. Cheers

AJD Mowing
11-07-2013, 08:24 PM
I think thats a job for Aaron Keep it easy PR.. shoot him a pm or email or he may read this if he is online now.
Sorry I dont know mate..

Keep It easy PR
14-07-2013, 11:55 AM
Hi GS,

I might need to see what's going on with your set up, can you 1st try to re-index your files.. this is done from the main page (the very top little icons) just above the tab for back up / set up etc.. you will see one that says rebuild. Click on it and rebuild your tables, that should clear it. then close down and restart computer. if that doesn't work I will need to have a look for you. (it will be easy enough to fix)

Let me know how you go mate.

Aaron.

South East Mowing
23-07-2013, 10:48 PM
Try this one!

When it produces invoices auto or when I have it set up for a regular mow @$50 it calculates GST. It also often has invoice summary only - not detailed prices
When I go and put everything in manually NO GST.:i dunno:

The box is not ticked for GST. Any ideas?

Keep It easy PR
25-07-2013, 01:59 PM
Hi John,

Just a quick question, Have you downloaded the updated version yet? if so have you tried to rebuild/reindex? if so I will look into it further for you on your machine. :)

Keep It easy PR
25-07-2013, 02:11 PM
Hi Everyone,

Just letting you know we are now in a trial/ testing phase of having the software on line (cloud set up) this means you can log in anywhere (with internet access of course.) using any device, Apple I pad, Phones etc... It will be a whole new area of Keep IT Easy software, Same concept as your web mail (yahoo, Hot mail etc...) It will be costed differently and not for everyone, as it will be a subscription (monthly fee due to ongoing hosting) but for those who understand what it does will know the massive benefits that will come with having it online and totally mobile.

The downloadable version WILL STILL be available.

(we have already pre sold over 40 online licences)
Just thought I would put it out to you all to get some feed back on thoughts.

Again its not for everyone, but if anyone is interested or has any questions feel free to let me know.

Aaron.

Blaktop
25-07-2013, 10:11 PM
Any indications of the monthly cost?

PaulG
25-07-2013, 10:52 PM
I've paid my upfront cost for the current version. That's good enough for me without having to incur further costs.

bb1
25-07-2013, 11:16 PM
Hi Everyone,

Just letting you know we are now in a trial/ testing phase of having the software on line (cloud set up) this means you can log in anywhere (with internet access of course.) using any device, Apple I pad, Phones etc... It will be a whole new area of Keep IT Easy software, Same concept as your web mail (yahoo, Hot mail etc...) It will be costed differently and not for everyone, as it will be a subscription (monthly fee due to ongoing hosting) but for those who understand what it does will know the massive benefits that will come with having it online and totally mobile.

The downloadable version WILL STILL be available.

(we have already pre sold over 40 online licences)
Just thought I would put it out to you all to get some feed back on thoughts.

Again its not for everyone, but if anyone is interested or has any questions feel free to let me know.

Aaron.

A couple of questions.

Login /access security
Data Security
Where will my data be held (don’t say the cloud)
Recoverability
Uptime / Downtime

cadase
26-07-2013, 12:02 AM
lawnpro run a similar setup with the option of buying or monthly fees. not that i'm spruiking their product, just info.

AJD Mowing
26-07-2013, 07:05 AM
Hi Aaron,
I have a question
In summary-Financial Year the date field only goes to 15-16
Will you bring in an update for that field in the non paying version?

Cheers
Dean

DavidS
05-08-2013, 05:42 PM
Has everyone got their update email notice from KIE

PaulG
05-08-2013, 05:44 PM
Yar got mine a couple of days ago.

Neil&family
05-08-2013, 07:42 PM
I have not installed the last update yet only because there were so many issues with the original install that i was happy to have a stable version.
Don't get me wrong though, love the program and might just update it when i switch to my new work pc.
Anyone using ultravnc to remotely access their computer while on the job? The big buttons on kie make it really easy to process jobs on the phone.

PaulG
05-08-2013, 07:58 PM
Remote computer access scares me a little. If we can anyone can; who knows who probably can already anyway.

Blaktop
06-08-2013, 07:14 AM
Anyone using ultravnc to remotely access their computer while on the job?

I've always used Teamviewer for remote access. I don't use remote access for work but I do access my home computer when I am away.

Remote computer access scares me a little. If we can anyone can; who knows who probably can already anyway.

Never had any problems in that regard. Remote access is used all the time. I have less confidence in wireless internet than remote access in regards to security.

South East Mowing
08-08-2013, 06:19 PM
Hi John,

Just a quick question, Have you downloaded the updated version yet? if so have you tried to rebuild/reindex? if so I will look into it further for you on your machine. :)

Downloaded updates! Still happening.
Will try rebuild/reindex - see if that fixes things

Keep It easy PR
12-08-2013, 07:37 PM
Hi guys, ok just to clarify a few things.

1. Cloud style data (although we don't cloud it its a virtual private server, similar to what banks use.) has less chance of allowing stealing your data than your house getting broken into and your computer getting stolen.
So rest assured its safer than your own set up.

2. The cost for virtual host client will be between $40 and $50.00 per mth. (remember all your data is backed up daily and stored safely)

3. Yes the cost is more than the download currently however BE aware that the down load will get a lot more expensive in the future to allow us to spend money on updates that are needed.

4. The new cost (when it comes out for the current download version ) WONT affect any already registered (purchased) users like most of you all. You will still get ALL the relevant updates and the software will be both the same for online and download this will remain free to you.

5. it is really aimed at new purchasers to allow us the working capital to expand the current version to make it the best it can be.
Down time on hosted sites in less than 1%, if a server dies it take about 1 hr to have another online and restored to what it was.
Bear in mind these data server centres are approx. 1-2 million dollars to set up so its the best equipment possible.

I hope this answers a few of your questions.

Aaron.

bb1
12-08-2013, 08:09 PM
Aaron, Dont think you have answered my questions.

A couple of questions.

Login /access security - ??
Data Security - ?? More data has being stolen from banks and other large organisations over the past year, than my house in a lifetime
Where will my data be held (don’t say the cloud). Ie. Australia, Japan, switzerland, china. I also assume that the data will be held at more than one site to provide the 1% indicated
Recoverability - o it takes 1 hour to restore a server, but what is the restore point.
Uptime / Downtime - 1% is not really a promising answer, is that 15 per day, per year. thats 3.6 days a year of downtime.

Keep It easy PR
27-08-2013, 09:20 PM
Hi bb1,

Login /access security - remote desktop server secure data via remote access ( user profile set up with password for each user) (own document file directory) Access is using any computer that supports remote log in ( Apple needs an app)
Data Security - stored in Perth in a Data centre ( like most of the "cloud" data storage (but we keep it local)
Where will my data be held - As above (western Australia) and backed up nightly for safety.
Recoverability- Restore point is the last back up which would mean the night prior.
Uptime / Downtime - 1% is not really a promising answer, is that 15 per day, per year. that's 3.6 days a year of downtime. ( these figures are "if it failed" ) so I am unable to answer your question, But we do have fail proof systems in place to make sure everyone can run the software if it went down for more than a day.

I hope this helps.

Remember its still in a trial stage so some of the questions are unable to be answered as clearly as I would like.. But I have 6 trucks on the road and over 400 clients so I will be the first to make sure there is always a back up plan if something goes wrong .:)

Redeye
08-06-2014, 10:12 AM
what's with the update? clicking on the update tab just re-opens the home page....do I need it if I don't do GST?

Redeye
18-06-2014, 04:20 PM
any idea why a job done today appears on the 20th instead of 18th(today) in Job Management, yet others show up as done today - there is also one there (20th)that was done last week??

DavidS
18-06-2014, 06:27 PM
Stop sniffing that fresh air and Salt. Possible stuff up in your bookings, you may have booked the job twice or you booked via normal bookings and via completing job, this can give you two jobs on the same day and you finalise one job the other appears as a booking not complete.

Redeye
18-06-2014, 07:39 PM
never book jobs, I enter them as "book job without time"....dunno whats going on? :(

AJD Mowing
18-06-2014, 07:46 PM
any idea why a job done today appears on the 20th instead of 18th(today) in Job Management, yet others show up as done today - there is also one there (20th)that was done last week??

You might of accidentally downloaded an older version, that was called "Make It Hard"

Redeye
18-06-2014, 08:14 PM
damn!!

:)

GardeningSolutions
19-06-2014, 07:10 AM
never book jobs, I enter them as "book job without time"....dunno whats going on? :(

Are you putting in a time for the job. If not it wont show up on the jobs schedule page.

Keep It easy PR
18-07-2014, 11:23 PM
Hi Redeye,

Sounds like its a user issue :) the beautiful thing about this program is if there is a issue with the code EVERYONE has the same issue :P If you want to email me or call the office (use the site for our details) Ill be happy to help.

Aaron.

Keep It easy PR
18-07-2014, 11:26 PM
Oh and btw, the latest version has been out for some time now.. 4.6a if anyone is still using the dinosaur version probably want to update before issues start with all the windows updates that have come out.. (and not the type of windows we look out of either :)

bb1
19-07-2014, 04:32 AM
Hi Redeye,

Sounds like its a user issue :) the beautiful thing about this program is if there is a issue with the code EVERYONE has the same issue :P If you want to email me or call the office (use the site for our details) Ill be happy to help.

Aaron.

Aaron, That sounds like every IT persons response, next you will tell us to reboot and all is ok. Having spent 20 years in IT support, I can assure you that with software different people have different issues with EXACTLY the same code. And just in case you werent aware reboots do not resolve all issues. Not saying it isnt a user issue, it quite likely is, but code is code and it works different under different circumstances. The number of times I have setup 2 different machines, on same OS, same hardware, and dragged the developer into the room kicking and screaming, but have them leave that room to admit, "I had better go look at my code", and come back a day or 2 later, with a new bit of code, which resolves that "user issue", because it never was a user issue, rather a dodgy bit of code that behaved differently with slightly different DB data, or other variant.

Redeye
23-07-2014, 09:14 PM
did the update a couple of days ago Aaron, now nothing shows up on Job Management page prior to the date I updated i.e. work previously done, shows the money for each day but no details of the actual jobs is there.... becoming annoying

DavidS
01-08-2014, 08:54 AM
I sent a email to KIE a couple weeks ago and I still don't have a answer. Not impressed with KIE backup service. Not that I need it anymore but just in case I have to actually do some work while I am traveling I wanted to keep my software updated and I had a question about a credit not being removed.

DavidS
13-08-2014, 09:14 PM
Looks like Keep it Easy does not want our business anymore. No reply to my last post and still no reply to my email. Glad I am not in need of urgent help.

geoff
13-08-2014, 10:25 PM
thanks david nearly was going to get this pro gramme,

DavidS
14-08-2014, 03:56 PM
Hi Geoff, it is a good program for bookings, accounts and keeping track of everything. I just have issue that I wanted get fixed but they have not answered my email or my post here. I will have to ring them and try to resovle my problem. I would still buy it as it's the best 1 program for a lawn mowing business that I have found.

Bluey
14-08-2014, 04:38 PM
David I have noticed they are a bit slack on emails. Ringing them on thier 1300 number is a voice to email service. I got success off their Contact Us form. And Geoff I have to agree with David that it is a good program but you should have bought it before 1 July as from now on you have to pay for upgrades but if you got it prior to that it was still a lifelong free upgrade.

I posted a warning about that previously

bb1
14-08-2014, 05:55 PM
David I have noticed they are a bit slack on emails. Ringing them on thier 1300 number is a voice to email service. I got success off their Contact Us form.

I was going to start to look at other options, but think I will steer clear of them, if they dont answer correspondence, and don't have a decent phone service. forget it, you cant wait weeks or not know if they will actually ever answer.

DavidS
23-10-2014, 08:06 PM
Well it does look like Keep it Easy are not interested in us as a group. No replies in this section. I would suggest to Dean that he delete this part of the forum as KIE have not replied.

Keep It easy PR
24-01-2015, 11:14 AM
Well it does look like Keep it Easy are not interested in us as a group. No replies in this section. I would suggest to Dean that he delete this part of the forum as KIE have not replied.

Hi Guys, No we are still here and getting very busy, the Keep IT Easy business has tripled in size and now gone to the cloud also and as you may know I also run a very big mowing business myself (8 trucks) so as you can imagine I am very busy don't get as much time to scroll all the forums hence why we have the contact us page and voice to email, so that we can get back to people faster than needing to use forums to answer questions, if you have sent an email and not had a response that would mean we probably did not receive it? sometimes things don't make it for some reason, and if you didn't get a response then can I suggest maybe resending it or calling us so we can help?
I am always helping people with questions via email, (not via forums) only due to the time it takes.

If you would like to resend your email, as always I am happy to help.

Over 1400 users currently use this software and to keep the cost down for users we need to have voice to email or email support.
Also as for the fee for updates, : to just clarify as of yet there has not been a charge for anyone for updates (including the 5.0 version due out soon) we reserve the right to charge on non life members but the last 2 updates including the new one are still free for everyone.

Again it is really simple, if the company cant cover the costs there is no Keep It Easy Software, and updates are needed to be done to make sure with all the new versions of windows run smoothly with the software and yes this costs a lot of money to do. hence why we needed to reserve the rights to charge "if needed"

But rest assured its not on the cards to charge for the updates for now. :)

So please understand we are here to help and many of you have needed help and always received it promptly, but as we grow we need to use the correct means of contact, and you didn't get a response after 1 contact maybe- just maybe, we didn't receive it?

Aaron.

Keep IT Easy.

Redeye
25-02-2015, 12:32 PM
Does anyone know how I can transfer KIS to another computer? I've had to buy a new one due to problems with the laptop and want to put the program with all data on the new computer. (I've sent Aaron an email but thought I'd ask here too being such a wealth of knowledge :) )

Redeye
25-02-2015, 02:10 PM
thanks for a quick response Aaron !much appreciated

Neil&family
08-10-2016, 03:15 PM
How is the new cloud version working out for everyone? I am on the free trial at the moment. Takes a little getting used to compared to the old Access based version.

AJD Mowing
09-10-2016, 07:39 AM
Hi Neil about to transfer soon. Do you have to transfer all your old data across manually to the new version?

Bluey
09-10-2016, 09:08 PM
If we transfer to the cloud version do we have to pay the $25 a month seeing as how we had a lifetime subscription

Redeye
09-10-2016, 09:28 PM
indeed - l won't be going there....scared of heights too

Neil&family
10-10-2016, 11:43 AM
Yep.$25 a month. All data has to be manually entered. I was advised to re-enter all data back to the start of the financial year and archive my old pc. I have printed all reports as the old pc is on its last legs.
Though i am having a few problems with re-entering those jobs at the moment.(payments not showing up on completed jobs).
I went through a hell of a lot of trouble shooting with Selina back in the start trying to get it to operate properly. Since then i have not applied one update as it was working perfectly. I was told this software will stop working soon. Not true. Because windows software and operating systems are going into legacy mode does not mean they will stop working. There will be no support offered for the software. And that pc will never have updates installed as it works fine the way it is.
I need convincing that this cloud version is worth it. Right now i think that it has a long way to go.
Not exactly mobile friendly due to screen sizing and having to scroll all over the place to complete simple tasks.
There seems to be a different process to email invoices to customers.
I could go on though i will give them the benefit of rectifying these issues first.

P.s. Your license was aparantly only good for 1 pc. Meaning you had to purchase a new license for a new install.

AJD Mowing
10-10-2016, 03:19 PM
If we transfer to the cloud version do we have to pay the $25 a month seeing as how we had a lifetime subscription

Hi Bluey. Yep I asked that question and had an email stating the lifetime subscription is for the old version :(
In relation to the old version stop working I also had an email saying 2010 windows version is constantly being updated by Microsoft and eventually the old KIE version will stop working, as a computer guy Bruce do you know if this is true?

Cheers mate
Dean

AJD Mowing
10-10-2016, 03:30 PM
Yep.$25 a month. All data has to be manually entered. I was advised to re-enter all data back to the start of the financial year and archive my old pc. I have printed all reports as the old pc is on its last legs.
Though i am having a few problems with re-entering those jobs at the moment.(payments not showing up on completed jobs).
I went through a hell of a lot of trouble shooting with Selina back in the start trying to get it to operate properly. Since then i have not applied one update as it was working perfectly. I was told this software will stop working soon. Not true. Because windows software and operating systems are going into legacy mode does not mean they will stop working. There will be no support offered for the software. And that pc will never have updates installed as it works fine the way it is.
I need convincing that this cloud version is worth it. Right now i think that it has a long way to go.
Not exactly mobile friendly due to screen sizing and having to scroll all over the place to complete simple tasks.
There seems to be a different process to email invoices to customers.
I could go on though i will give them the benefit of rectifying these issues first.

P.s. Your license was aparantly only good for 1 pc. Meaning you had to purchase a new license for a new install.

Thanks for the detailed info Neil. Yes I emailed them and have been told the same thing. What I intend to do is keep all my files up to date and archived on my computer (I have a new pc with 2010 windows) I will get the cloud version and enter all relevant data but not book any jobs unless the old version stops working all of a sudden. At the start of July 2017 I will move across to the cloud if I am happy with the way it works but I am also going to look at everything else on the market given we are starting all over again with a paid version. I dont like the idea of all my data being kept by someone I dont know, I would prefer to have a few external hard drives and backup myself just in case something happens to that company, might just be me being old school and over cautious.
Cheers
Dean :)

Bluey
10-10-2016, 03:35 PM
The reason I go it in the first place was because it was a once off fee. I had Quickbooks and was sick of paying out their fees each year. I just had a look at Quickbooks pricing schedule and their Plus version is $24.50 a month.

I am damned sure QB Plus has a whole lot more functionality the KIE yet KIE is dearer. I liked KIE because it was functional albeit without all the bells and whistles of QB and is was the once off fee. If I am going to that amount I would take QB

AJD Mowing
10-10-2016, 04:16 PM
Does QB have a scheduling facility for customers?
Thanks Bluey I will check it out

Bluey
10-10-2016, 04:46 PM
Thanks for the detailed info Neil. Yes I emailed them and have been told the same thing. What I intend to do is keep all my files up to date and archived on my computer (I have a new pc with 2010 windows) I will get the cloud version and enter all relevant data but not book any jobs unless the old version stops working all of a sudden. At the start of July 2017 I will move across to the cloud if I am happy with the way it works but I am also going to look at everything else on the market given we are starting all over again with a paid version. I dont like the idea of all my data being kept by someone I dont know, I would prefer to have a few external hard drives and backup myself just in case something happens to that company, might just be me being old school and over cautious.
Cheers

I agree mate. I don't think your being over cautious at all about data issue either. Having all your data stored online by a company who you have no control over scares me a little. I guess I will be finding another program now.

Bluey
10-10-2016, 04:47 PM
Does QB have a scheduling facility for customers?
Thanks Bluey I will check it out

Not that I am aware of mate. It has lots of functionality though. Too much for me. I liked it simple like KIE was.

Bluey
10-10-2016, 04:54 PM
Hi Bluey. Yep I asked that question and had an email stating the lifetime subscription is for the old version :(
In relation to the old version stop working I also had an email saying 2010 windows version is constantly being updated by Microsoft and eventually the old KIE version will stop working, as a computer guy Bruce do you know if this is true?

Cheers mate
Dean

Its basically an Access database mate and as long as you have Access available it is likely to work although some of its other functions may not. I hate Windows 10 anyway and still have Windows 7. As for it not working on a new machine I am not convinced it wont. If your running the same operating system and load a back up of your old one to the new one it should. Not 100% sure but I can't see why it shouldn't.

tgc
10-10-2016, 05:40 PM
We've got to move with the times fellas
I've never used the product but $25/mth for a package like this is a pretty cheap investment in your business.
We pay double that for MYOB AR and its worth every cent in both saving me time, and being able to analyse the business.
You can't hold back the tide of upgrades with your PC and eventually unsupported software will break. Cloud based solutions are here to stay.
Technology should help make our my micro businesses run more efficiently, and hence more profitable.

Trev

AJD Mowing
10-10-2016, 06:19 PM
Thanks Bluey for the info :)

Redey you crack me up,, I only just got "Im scared of heights" :laughing:

geoff
10-10-2016, 06:26 PM
I agree mate. I don't think your being over cautious at all about data issue either. Having all your data stored online by a company who you have no control over scares me a little. I guess I will be finding another program now.

ed zadcary Bluey..there a lot of time and investment of our records and to trust someone to keep it safe is huge....i still have my hard copy of quickbooks and does my bas thats ok...i do have an online invoice to go which is 90 bucks a year but is purely for emailing invoices and quotes on the run..so when i get home the most important things have be processed..that being get the customer to pay me quick....the bas is a quarterly thing and i do it in one night ( a long one lol ) to put the records through my quick books..i could pay a monthly fee but i could lose control..i am an old fcker but one thing i have been educated over the 30 years on doing this great job is I control the most important things....

Redeye
10-10-2016, 07:32 PM
me too Geoff....I'll keep it going as long as possible, but l've had too many niggly faults that I don't want to trust them with a cloud based situation

DavidS
04-11-2016, 06:21 PM
Bluey, Redeye and Geoff, I have upgraded to Windows 10 and have been using my old KIE and have had no problems so far. I am a BEER BOB at the moment LOL. Actually I have a couple of clients that I look after I put it through my KIE to keep the work booked and I still email invoices which are then paid in cash next visit. So it's still operational at the moment with Windows 10.

Redeye
04-11-2016, 08:07 PM
been on W10 since it was released David.....

geoff
04-11-2016, 08:18 PM
well there you go David windows 10 who would of thought hahahaha mate you are living the dream proud of you....
you know there will be another upgrade soon lol but hey you are keeping up.... i am lucky i have a son in law and daughter that have a computer business so i have that luxury of having the best of the best ... still love my iphone with the invoice to go andcallender app that schedules all of my jobs

Bluey
05-11-2016, 05:53 AM
Thanks David. I think it may fall over with scheduling soon though as the calendar does not appear to go past 2016 on mine. I am going to play around with it this weekend to confirm.

I am a bit annoyed with this because I paid for a lifetime product and whilst I can understand the owner not upgrading it due to the cloud version the basic product that I bought should still function.

AJD Mowing
06-11-2016, 02:01 PM
It still works Bluey. If you go to Accounts Summary, don't worry about the financial year drop down menu just type in the dates from - to, then click show me :)

AJD Mowing
16-11-2016, 06:49 PM
Hi guys, Has anyone had an extension on their free 30 day trial to get all their information entered?

Redeye
16-11-2016, 07:07 PM
l've no intention of signing up for monthly fee's

imoww
17-11-2016, 05:45 AM
I'm currently using quickbooks.
If I change to keep it easy,
Does it do GST reports,
Prepare tax return,
Quotes without the pay now amount (like quickbooks have and can't be removed)
And one huge thing
Can it be operated on multiple devices?
With quickbooks there's a desktop version and mobile version which is restricted

AJD Mowing
19-11-2016, 09:57 PM
I'm currently using quickbooks.
If I change to keep it easy,
Does it do GST reports,
Prepare tax return,
Quotes without the pay now amount (like quickbooks have and can't be removed)
And one huge thing
Can it be operated on multiple devices?
With quickbooks there's a desktop version and mobile version which is restricted

It can do all that Matt except no quote page but apparently thats coming in the next release. The cloud version is like internet banking you can access anywhere. Its designed for Australian Lawn mowing so you can book jobs, re schedule, mark as payed/not paid, send invoices, add tax receipts, regular creditors, set up different runs and track them, and everything flows through to a full accounting section where you can print or send a full range of reports, see where your at at any time money in money out. From what I can see the only other systems like that are from USA and designed for them or accounting software like quickbooks or MYOB that doesnt do all the functions in the one package like this.

Does anyone know of any other Australian software designed for Australian lawn mowing contractors on the market?
Cheers
Dean

GardeningSolutions
20-11-2016, 06:21 AM
You can do quotes on KIE. In the software section you can set up a template in the Letters section for the client. I have Quotation, Price rise, Dog **** warning of impending fine, etc. I have a client named casual that I do all the one off quotes on, just change the customer details each time. fairly easy.

Bluey
20-11-2016, 06:35 AM
You can do quotes on KIE. In the software section you can set up a template in the Letters section for the client. I have Quotation, Price rise, Dog **** warning of impending fine, etc. I have a client named casual that I do all the one off quotes on, just change the customer details each time. fairly easy.

Yeah I do the same mate. But the functionality of KIE is pretty basic. I don't know what the cloud version is like but KIE is not worth the money they are asking for it in my opinion. For that type of money you would expect it to do a lot more.

AJD Mowing
20-11-2016, 07:03 AM
Hey Bluey do you know of any other systems like KIE or that american one Gopher I think the name is but designed for Australia lawn contractors? (not accounting software) be interesting to know exactly whats out there

AJD Mowing
20-11-2016, 11:50 AM
The quotes I was referring to is a quote page that you can set preferences like you do with service descriptions, links the quote to the customer information, send like you do with an invoice, that kind of stuff

Bluey
20-11-2016, 08:33 PM
Hey Bluey do you know of any other systems like KIE or that american one Gopher I think the name is but designed for Australia lawn contractors? (not accounting software) be interesting to know exactly whats out there

No Dean I dont.Theres a few basic accounting ones but nothing with a scheduler that I like

DavidS
23-11-2016, 01:53 PM
https://www.lawnprosoftware.com/price

Dean have a look at LawnPro from the states, I had it before KIE and it was not a bad program.

AJD Mowing
30-11-2016, 05:59 PM
Thanks Davids I will check it out :)

AJD Mowing
30-11-2016, 06:02 PM
I like how customers can login and pay.. I will check out over the Xmas break

DavidS
28-12-2016, 11:38 AM
Hi Dean have you had a chance to check out Lawnpro ?
I like how customers can login and pay.. I will check out over the Xmas break

AJD Mowing
01-01-2017, 09:33 AM
Hi Mate no not yet havnt had time but its on my list of things to do :)

kevinsuzanne
03-01-2017, 04:08 PM
Hi Dean have you had a chance to check out Lawnpro ?

Bad reviews online about Lawnpro

AJD Mowing
04-01-2017, 10:21 PM
Yes I just read the reviews not many good ones out there.

Davids how do you find the program to use? what is the customer service like? can you make the currency for invoices, profit and loss etc AUD and not USD?
Cheers
Dean

Bluey
05-01-2017, 06:37 AM
Hi Dean it didn't that was one of its biggest draw backs from memory.

AJD Mowing
05-01-2017, 07:26 AM
Thanks Bluey. I sent them an email and it came back saying they dont exist.

AJD Mowing
05-01-2017, 11:58 AM
Made my mind up I am staying with Keep it easy :)

Bluey
06-01-2017, 06:41 AM
Made my mind up I am staying with Keep it easy :)

Are you paying for the cloud version mate. If you are I dont think its worth what they are asking. I am still using the old version.

DavidS
06-01-2017, 09:48 AM
Yes I just read the reviews not many good ones out there.

Davids how do you find the program to use? what is the customer service like? can you make the currency for invoices, profit and loss etc AUD and not USD?
Cheers
Dean

I really cant remember, I got a feeling I was using it for bookings and machinery servicing and using Quickbooks for accounts. When KIE came along I ditched the lot as it was so easy. If I was still in the game I would continue with the old KIE as I don't like Cloud ****. Only good clouds are rain clouds. Trouble is any updates will not happen but saying that the system was pretty good the way it was and I don't see any problems into the future with it. If I come out of retirement I will use it.

Redeye
06-01-2017, 12:40 PM
^ me too, hope it never has a meltdown :)

AJD Mowing
08-01-2017, 07:53 PM
yeah paying for it $25 per month. I dont want to run the risk down the track of the old version stop working, cant find a program that does everything like KIE does. If something else comes along that I am happy with I will make the switch

Cheers Guys :)

geoff
08-01-2017, 08:01 PM
trouble with all programes you hate changing because of all the data to re ..enter ..i am still running programes namelu quickbooks invoice to go and calender's..have too much info to change ..plus being an old fcker doesn't help when u been the game 30 years

Bluey
09-01-2017, 07:10 AM
yeah paying for it $25 per month. I dont want to run the risk down the track of the old version stop working, cant find a program that does everything like KIE does. If something else comes along that I am happy with I will make the switch

Cheers Guys :)

I can understand that mate but they have really not done anything much with the program except pretty it up and put it on the cloud. They are charging more than QB do and they have way less functionality than QB does. Woefully overpriced for what it does. Can you do a proper quote on it yet rather than a half arsed work around.

NLALM
09-01-2017, 04:20 PM
have any of you guys looked at yardbook, its a yank thing but its free. I don't use it I'm not real good with these things, someone might want to have a look and let us all know if its any good

AJD Mowing
09-01-2017, 06:36 PM
I can understand that mate but they have really not done anything much with the program except pretty it up and put it on the cloud. They are charging more than QB do and they have way less functionality than QB does. Woefully overpriced for what it does. Can you do a proper quote on it yet rather than a half arsed work around.

No Bruce thats the only thing, but I do like having a program thats quick and easy and does everything in one. The Quote is the next thing they are going to introduce so I have been told. Anyway Im happy for now :)

AJD Mowing
23-07-2017, 02:16 PM
Ok I have given the cloud version of Keep It Easy a good crack for 8 months and feel I should tell my fellow contractors about it. During this time I discovered a lot of functions not working as they should in their program "and there are a lot". As I discovered these things I emailed KIE about them and on each occasion was given a work around way to do the procedures until the issues were fixed. The cloud version does not have all the functionality as the old desk top version, the biggest one for me is their invoicing, you cant put all jobs on the one invoice for a client that has a monthly account like you can in the old version, I tried to manually enter jobs on an invoice and write the service dates for each job manually as their is no functionality for service dates but when you save it ready to email the order you have entered changes so all the dates are jumbled around, this is confusing for the customer and embarrassing for me, I was told by KIE all these issues are being looked at by their programmers.
In Summary the old version has more functionality than the new version. The new version has a lot of functions that are not working as they should. KIE don't inform users of this when signing up to the new cloud monthly paid version, you have to learn the hard way as you use it. There has been nothing fixed from KIE from the many issues I have informed them about nor has any information on these issues in regards to them being fixed in the near future been sent to me from the company during the last 8 months, had this been the case I would stay with them. I cancelled my subscription at the end of June and I have now moved over to Quickbooks. I did enjoy being able to schedule and do my bookkeeping in the one program with the desktop version of KIE but the new version is making it hard and very time consuming not to mention more expensive than QB. It puzzles me when they have a perfectly good program like the desktop version that everyone was happy with as a platform why they have to change the functionality when building the cloud version and why they didn't make sure everything worked properly before taking it to market. I was also concerned that if these issues were not fixed soon then people will quit KIE and move elsewhere and the company would one day close leaving me high and dry.

QB are a huge company so I feel safe in the thought that they wont just close one day leaving me high and dry. It really is quick to use just a shame they dont have scheduling but now I have made the change I have found its no real biggy and it has cut my book work time in half and cheaper as well. I should have listened to Bluey!! would have saved me a bit of time and $$$ but I dont mind at least I know and wont fall into that trap later on down the track and might help a few people when considering a bookkeeping program choice in the future..

Cheers

Redeye
23-07-2017, 07:38 PM
l hope my desktop version never crashes......

GardeningSolutions
24-07-2017, 01:24 PM
Thanks for the update. I had considered moving to the cloud version but will now stick with the pc version until it dies.

Neil&family
25-07-2017, 08:08 PM
They are on borrowed time with me also. The fact that it does not function as it should, has resulted in me not keeping on top of things.

Bluey
26-07-2017, 08:27 AM
Does not surprise me. As I said previously if your going to be paying more per month for KYE than QB then you want all the bells and whistles. They just took the desktop version and put it on the cloud along with all its problems and deficiencies and it looks like they stuffed it up a bit as well. Operator is not interested in feedback or support only the money which is really bad considering he is a lawnie. Went downhill when Selina sold it I am afraid

4 Gardens
26-07-2017, 06:57 PM
I am using service m8

It does scheduling and invoicing / quotes
Also sends automated email and sms reminders

Unfortunately only works on iphone / ipads
Once all customers schedules in its easy to keep up dated

GregC
23-05-2021, 11:01 PM
HI All

I have recently moved over to the cloud version and AJD is correct, much of the good points from the stand alone version have been lost. Any questions raised with the programmers fall on deaf ears. They are not willing to change anything. I do wonder if anybody still uses it. The headings do not make any sense (last job date is next job date according to them) and some of the sorting parameters don't work at all. They do have some good work around ideas - the customer ref field on the job does not copy over to the next job but adding a manual line item with the customer reference does copy over. My stand alone version eventually fell over.

There is no change log available or user forum. Hopefully it's all backed up somewhere.

Nothing else on the market does the job, particularly scheduling, with invoicing. Yardbook would be great but it's for the USA and Canada only and Gopher 4 is great but the programmers do not respond anymore - happy to take your money though.

The KIE quote system is an improvement over having nothing but is hard to use, so I don't bother.

I only really care about the scheduling and invoicing - has anybody found something that works?

Cheers Greg

Redeye
24-05-2021, 11:33 AM
l gave up on KIE a couple of years ago, it was betting a bit iffy with zero support and wasnt going to the cloud based version. Am using Quickbooks now but its a bit clunky (no scheduling either) nice to be able to send invoices after each job though

South East Mowing
24-05-2021, 04:02 PM
l gave up on KIE a couple of years ago, it was betting a bit iffy with zero support and wasnt going to the cloud based version. Am using Quickbooks now but its a bit clunky (no scheduling either) nice to be able to send invoices after each job though

Quickbooks for me!

I keep all my clients on an excell spread sheet. Lets me see what the weekly total $$ is each week. I have them all reasonably grouped in areas/suburbs/work type - schools etc

Takes a few mins each day to number the run 1-10 etc, highlight it if needed, change it as needed and really do whatever I need with it.

I slot work into another weeks column to try to balance out my work if things get hectic. Many clients can be put on 2 or 3 weekly schedules and have some who are monthly half day or all day jobs.

It's really old school but works for me:dance. I am now working this schedule on the spreadsheet so I can have 2.5 weeks off at the end of July/August.

We work it with a diary. S*** now where is my Melways:rolleyes:

The Edge
25-05-2021, 07:45 AM
KIE is a PITA and got find it after the trial period.

I use cash books very basic (Acclaim Software) NZ made and supported. 1 of cost about $300, no monthly fees, not cloud based. Lifetime support, easy to use and great for our industry. Unfortunately no scheduling but I get around that.

I spent a lot of time researching and almost impossible to find scheduling non cloud with no monthly fees.

Check their website and they do offer a 90 day free trial period

www.acclaim.co.nz

GardeningSolutions
02-06-2021, 07:19 AM
I trailed the KIE cloud based program but found it a pain. Also, there was no way of quickly seeing aging debts like you could on the old system, so I won't be using it. I've been limping along with the old system, so l'm looking for a alternative for invoicing for the future.

Andy B
02-06-2021, 08:54 AM
HI All

I only really care about the scheduling and invoicing - has anybody found something that works?

Cheers Greg

I'm the same scheduling and invoicing the two most important things day to day. I'm using XERO for invoicing and book keeping but still using a diary and spreadsheet for client base and scheduling. I did try Service M8 and it syncs up with xero and it does your scheduling and your invoicing. I didn't end up using it after free trial as we do so many jobs per month I couldn't justify the fees and only currently run one crew. If you're at the stage or greater and running multiple crews/vehicles I'd say give it a try, another mate has 6 staff and he says he doesn't care what they charge for service m8 it's totally worth it for his organisation.

Obviously there's also things like jobber and various other used a lot in the USA.

Good luck!

GregC
25-05-2022, 07:31 PM
And just like that they fold - ending 31 July 22 - too costly for them - although they don't do anything or respond the queries anyway

Luckily I have moved to Tradify, which has great scheduling, not perfect but pretty good. It feeds into MYOB and other accounting software

The Edge
26-05-2022, 03:32 AM
And just like that they fold - ending 31 July 22 - too costly for them - although they don't do anything or respond the queries anyway

Luckily I have moved to Tradify, which has great scheduling, not perfect but pretty good. It feeds into MYOB and other accounting software

Not surprised they folded and didn’t think they’d last this long..

Chris B
28-05-2022, 01:28 PM

Hi Greg
What do you like and dislike about Tradify?
I currently use QuickBooks for invoice / quotes / payroll etc which is fine - quotes are fairly basic though
and google calendar for scheduling - I'm happy with that for just using one vehicle but I have an employee out on his own now as well as tree work in a separate truck.... so not sure whether I should jump over to something more sophisticated or not.

Service M8 does look good but only for iPhones and I've got Samsung everything and so do my staff

GregC
29-05-2022, 07:43 PM
Hi Greg
What do you like and dislike about Tradify?
I currently use QuickBooks for invoice / quotes / payroll etc which is fine - quotes are fairly basic though
and google calendar for scheduling - I'm happy with that for just using one vehicle but I have an employee out on his own now as well as tree work in a separate truck.... so not sure whether I should jump over to something more sophisticated or not.

Service M8 does look good but only for iPhones and I've got Samsung everything and so do my staff

I saw that keep it easy was never going to improve and I looked around in the market for something that was going to do the job. I only stumbled on it as a link form MYOB, as one of their partner software members.

It links to Quickbooks too.

I love the way you can schedule jobs. Most of mine a recurring and you can set various intervals, day, week, certain day of the week, i.e. 4th Saturday - it's very flexible and automatically books the next job, no need to re-book. It integrates with google calendar too.

It does force you to book in the start and finish times for the jobs, but these are not set in concrete as you can drag and drop them in the scheduler - I do that each week. You can have multiple jobs with the same start time. You can set it to send a text to the customer for the booking, I have turned that off as it's an extra cost. It will send you an email for assigned jobs and when they change. I have turned that off as I set the schedule.

You can easily book one off jobs too.

It does quotes and invoicing, time keeping. It has a great mobile app (I use android too) for you and staff. It can handle staff assigned jobs. I'm a single operator so I don't use the staff aspect.

You can use it to send the customer a quote that they can approve online. Then place orders from suppliers. Convert the quote to a job then add the hours, and costs then when complete, issue the invoice. It has a thing called kits where you might have a set number of items, that go into a job too.

I have mine linked up to MYOB but it can ink up to other accounting packages like Xero/Quickbooks. I have MYOB linked to my bank account feed and it makes recording of invoice payments a breeze. I do my invoice follow-up from MYOB, and that's quite simple. Tradify can do invoice follow ups but again they charge a fee for that. BAS returns and payroll/super etc are great in MYOB too.

I was quite impressed with the info provided by the sales guy. I was equally impressed by the training provided. I had a live training session with somebody from London. There is a user forum on Facebook which is quite lively, and they provide ongoing support.

It adds a new payment method called Stripe and although I did not like that to start with, I have now changed the charging to be passed on, and many customers like the simple payment method.

I have been using if for 5 months now and am quite conversant with what I do with it.

It has mapping of jobs but no route optimisation unfortunately.

It does not have the ability to change the intervals for different seasons in one go, like other software, and that's a bit annoying. Although not every job changes frequency on one day anyway. I do have to update the frequency for each customer for each recurring job. I have asked for a 'switch' but it is a majority thing - If lots of people ask for it, they might add that functionality - I was happy to at least get a response form the support team, to my suggestion.

It is NZ software and costs NZ$39 a month. You bank might charge you a currency conversion fee too. If I refer you we both get a $250 credit. Copy this link if you want to get the credit https://www.tradifyhq.com/mates-rates?referralCode=PW7QC5

Anything else you help with I can probably answer.

Chris B
04-06-2022, 04:15 PM
I saw that keep it easy was never going to improve and I looked around in the market for something that was going to do the job. I only stumbled on it as a link form MYOB, as one of their partner software members.

It links to Quickbooks too.

I love the way you can schedule jobs. Most of mine a recurring and you can set various intervals, day, week, certain day of the week, i.e. 4th Saturday - it's very flexible and automatically books the next job, no need to re-book. It integrates with google calendar too.

It does force you to book in the start and finish times for the jobs, but these are not set in concrete as you can drag and drop them in the scheduler - I do that each week. You can have multiple jobs with the same start time. You can set it to send a text to the customer for the booking, I have turned that off as it's an extra cost. It will send you an email for assigned jobs and when they change. I have turned that off as I set the schedule.

You can easily book one off jobs too.

It does quotes and invoicing, time keeping. It has a great mobile app (I use android too) for you and staff. It can handle staff assigned jobs. I'm a single operator so I don't use the staff aspect.

You can use it to send the customer a quote that they can approve online. Then place orders from suppliers. Convert the quote to a job then add the hours, and costs then when complete, issue the invoice. It has a thing called kits where you might have a set number of items, that go into a job too.

I have mine linked up to MYOB but it can ink up to other accounting packages like Xero/Quickbooks. I have MYOB linked to my bank account feed and it makes recording of invoice payments a breeze. I do my invoice follow-up from MYOB, and that's quite simple. Tradify can do invoice follow ups but again they charge a fee for that. BAS returns and payroll/super etc are great in MYOB too.

I was quite impressed with the info provided by the sales guy. I was equally impressed by the training provided. I had a live training session with somebody from London. There is a user forum on Facebook which is quite lively, and they provide ongoing support.

It adds a new payment method called Stripe and although I did not like that to start with, I have now changed the charging to be passed on, and many customers like the simple payment method.

I have been using if for 5 months now and am quite conversant with what I do with it.

It has mapping of jobs but no route optimisation unfortunately.

It does not have the ability to change the intervals for different seasons in one go, like other software, and that's a bit annoying. Although not every job changes frequency on one day anyway. I do have to update the frequency for each customer for each recurring job. I have asked for a 'switch' but it is a majority thing - If lots of people ask for it, they might add that functionality - I was happy to at least get a response form the support team, to my suggestion.

It is NZ software and costs NZ$39 a month. You bank might charge you a currency conversion fee too. If I refer you we both get a $250 credit. Copy this link if you want to get the credit https://www.tradifyhq.com/mates-rates?referralCode=PW7QC5

Anything else you help with I can probably answer.

Thanks for the detailed response Greg!
I'll definitely use your referral link if I make the switch
Right now I think I'll hold off a little bit longer. If my employee is happy doing the high volume mowing side of things solo then I'll sign up, If we end up doing more tree jobs where they are larger and easier to schedule compared to mowing then I may just keep things the way they are.