PDA

View Full Version : Iphone Apps

Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden
15-03-2012, 07:54 PM
There was a thread about different apps but i cant seem to find it. I want a app that diverts my calls from 9 to 5 so i can mow without having to answer the phone as i miss calls and what not as i dont here it ring. I also want a app that an remember the times my offsider worked. does anyone know of any other decent apps.

happymowin
15-03-2012, 08:33 PM
i reckon if you divert em automatically you lose a lot of business,

if it rings and then goes to message, and they dont LEAVE a message, at least you can look at the number and ring em back

set your divert to divert quicker, but leave the thing ring.

i get a lot of business from answering the thing or ringing back straightaway, if you snooze you lose.

i picked up a new regular today , i went and mowed it right away, while i was there i heard her phone ring and her tell someone " no ive already GOT someone . . . NO, NO, hes ALREADY HERE MOWING . . .good bye"

that guy didnt get his message quick enough and now i got the work.

my old sales manager would have KILLED us if we didnt answer the phone, or ring peeps back quickly (if you were already talking ot someone or in a meeting and couldnt answer)

or if you dont want to answer it, leave it in the truck ?

LGGF
15-03-2012, 08:48 PM
I want an App that will empty the catcher for me!:cool:

happymowin
15-03-2012, 08:59 PM
... I also want a app that an remember the times my offsider worked. does anyone know of any other decent apps.

you could try the ipen and ipaper app.

stick a piece of ipaper in the back of your diary and note with the ipen when he works

i dont see how an app can sort it out any better.

everyone makes things SO HARD these days with all the computers and apps, all the gadgets and toys, then they still write the info out on a piece of paper when a call comes in, then transfer it all to the pc, then print out run sheets, write notes on the sheets, transfer that bvack to the pc, print out and mail or email invoices round the world wide web, text people about stuff etc.

just gotta be organised and true to your system. keep it simple, stewart.

if you dont work IT, it wont work for YOU

dont mean to be rough, sorry if i come across that way, but why make it hard on yerself?

HPM
15-03-2012, 09:00 PM
I want an app that can tell me what apps I need....

happymowin
15-03-2012, 09:08 PM
I want an app that can tell me what apps I need....

thats a fkn good one lmfao !!!

happymowin
15-03-2012, 09:13 PM
seriously tho

http://wagehourdefense.wordpress.com/2011/05/10/dol-rolls-out-free-smartphone-app-for-employees-to-keep-shadow-time-records-is-this-a-concern-or-opportunity-for-employers/

http://mashable.com/2010/10/24/time-management-iphone-apps/

http://www.technipages.com/increasedecrease-time-iphone-rings-before-going-to-voice-mail.html

brought to you by google

:)

Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden
15-03-2012, 09:14 PM
i reckon if you divert em automatically you lose a lot of business,

if it rings and then goes to message, and they dont LEAVE a message, at least you can look at the number and ring em back

set your divert to divert quicker, but leave the thing ring.

i get a lot of business from answering the thing or ringing back straightaway, if you snooze you lose.

i picked up a new regular today , i went and mowed it right away, while i was there i heard her phone ring and her tell someone " no ive already GOT someone . . . NO, NO, hes ALREADY HERE MOWING . . .good bye"

that guy didnt get his message quick enough and now i got the work.

my old sales manager would have KILLED us if we didnt answer the phone, or ring peeps back quickly (if you were already talking ot someone or in a meeting and couldnt answer)

Thats why i want the phoone diverted to the people that answer it for me and book in the jobs. But i often forget to turn on and off call forwarding. The service i use costs me $85 a month and they answer my phone within 4 rings and they then turn around and email me all the details of the customer and what it is they want done. They however start work at 9 and finish at 5.

geoff
15-03-2012, 09:17 PM
why not plug the ear phones in whilst mowing listen to music or the radio through the phone ..or just plug the ear phones in ...never miss a call

Stump
15-03-2012, 09:17 PM
Get a phone with a strong vibration signal. Iphones have too weak a vibration compared to my old Samsung. I miss calls too because most of the time I don't feel the vibration or hear it over the mower.

happymowin
15-03-2012, 09:18 PM
Thats why i want the phoone diverted to the people that answer it for me and book in the jobs. But i often forget to turn on and off call forwarding. The service i use costs me $85 a month and they answer my phone within 4 rings and they then turn around and email me all the details of the customer and what it is they want done. They however start work at 9 and finish at 5.

ahh, its the info you dont have that makes a difference, lol

couldnt see one on google, ill look a bit more when i get another beer

suggest ringing your phone providor and asking them ?

will post if i find something for ya tender

cheers

Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden
15-03-2012, 09:21 PM
I asked the company i am with and they didnt know asked my mate whos iphone mad and he didnt know of one been looking for a while but if you find one im certainly keen on it.

happymowin
15-03-2012, 09:31 PM
http://www.callcentric.com/features/call_forwarding

found that one but i dont know what it means, whether you have to be on their call centre to use it or its an app?

sorry thats all i could find, and its beddy byes for me

cheers tender

Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden
15-03-2012, 10:32 PM
Thanks for your help maate but i dont think thats what i am loooking for exactly but i think it works similar to what i am looking for..

AJD Mowing
16-03-2012, 05:24 AM
There was a thread about different apps but i cant seem to find it. I want a app that diverts my calls from 9 to 5 so i can mow without having to answer the phone as i miss calls and what not as i dont here it ring. I also want a app that an remember the times my offsider worked. does anyone know of any other decent apps.
Get a 1300 number they are good someone answers the phone takes the details and sends you a text message. when you get back in the car you ring them. Not that expensive either. http://www.alltel.com.au/

cadase
16-03-2012, 07:38 AM

That's what i do, i state in my mesage "i have your number and i'll call back shortly" doesn't work for private numbers though

cadase
16-03-2012, 07:40 AM
i want an app that will tell me where to find other apps that search to find apps about different kinds of apps

Stripes
16-03-2012, 08:05 AM
I don't know if there is such a thing, but I would love an app that diverts to voice mail for numbers that aren't in my contacts list between certain hours. Mon-Fri from 7-5, Saturday morning util 1 it will ring, but then go to voicemail out of those hours. I can't stand someone calling me about a job on a Sunday afternoon when I'm having a beer watching the footy. My mind switches back to work mode and I start thinking about jobs and things. ****s me to tears.

A PITA app would be good too. There is a database of Pitas phone numbers, and when they call your number it diverts to a message saying you are out of business and to call someone else. There is no facility to leave a message. "Tell him he's dreaming."

Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden
16-03-2012, 08:37 AM
I don't know if there is such a thing, but I would love an app that diverts to voice mail for numbers that aren't in my contacts list between certain hours. Mon-Fri from 7-5, Saturday morning util 1 it will ring, but then go to voicemail out of those hours. I can't stand someone calling me about a job on a Sunday afternoon when I'm having a beer watching the footy. My mind switches back to work mode and I start thinking about jobs and things. ****s me to tears.

A PITA app would be good too. There is a database of Pitas phone numbers, and when they call your number it diverts to a message saying you are out of business and to call someone else. There is no facility to leave a message. "Tell him he's dreaming."

The thing happy put on was like that but i think you have to be with the certain phone company.

ian
16-03-2012, 03:42 PM
my favourite App would have to be royal gala :)

bulletproofhead
11-07-2014, 08:57 AM
Hi All,
I found on the Net a Generaly free web site with heaps of free apps if you go there online www.zedge.net , heaps of free apps and also some they want you to pay , now I found if I use my phone through my home internet router I can go direct on to the web site with the phone which then works even better cause you don't have to do the transfer from computer to the phone later , I've got some great ring tones and some great apps all for free , try the ICE app for free I think it's quite a good idea , the first thing an emergency worker would do is look for a phone on you if you go down for what ever reason , ICE will give them that vital info to get you what you need , I'm Diabetic so if I'm alone doing jobs that gives me a great advantage for them to get me right again , and god forbid if incase of an accident my info is on the front screen of my phone in the ICE app ( In Case of Emergency ) another very useful free app, enjoy the web site guys , my phone is an Aldi ( Bahn) dual sim android phone and both sims are through Aldi whitch use the telstra network, $30 prepaid for 12 months works for me very nicely , Thanks Aldi