PDA

View Full Version : Carby Cleaner

Shepparton Lawn Care
08-11-2006, 10:01 PM
Hello Everyone, My Stihl FS85R Whippersnipper was getting harder and harder to start-it is approx. 18 months old. I was chatting to Dean from ILMCA and mentioned this, as i was putting in an order for some honda blades. I purchased a can of Carby Cleaner and put it to the test-with A LOT of help from Dean, as I am DEFINATELY not a mechanic!!! :i dunno: :o -just ask Dean. This spray along with some careful cleaning has my machine starting beautifully. The lesson I learned from this is, although I had had the stihl serviced,cleaned filters, etc.The carby had not had a clean. Don't assume that the Mower shop man will clean your carby, unless you ask him.Save yourself $60.00, buy a can of Carby Clean.Again, thanks to Dean for his Honesty, and help in telling me how to clean it!!!!. ;) Cheers for now

Mobbster
29-01-2007, 05:43 PM
;) ;) ;) Tried the carby cleaner today - had a blower and brush cutter that where starting to be a ,/./,..### to start , even though i give all my equipment a clean weekly and a strip down full service once a month (Pull carbys down,clean or renew plugs,pull off all cowling to clean out dirt and oil change - renewing blades as required) - gave them a quick clean and followed the directions on the can - great stuff both start first go now, with the blower starting cold with very little choke - one question, how often do i use it - weekly or with the monthly strip down and service?
Terry

Terry once a month is perfect
;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Dean

administrator
29-01-2007, 05:54 PM
Read more comments under
THREAD Road test carby cleaner

Purchased a can of carby clean from Dean recently, it was fantastic for cleaning inside and out of the carby but the most amazing thing was the way it removed the carbon build up.

I remove the spark pug from my blower and positioned the top of the piston at the exhaust port, (this can be seen by shining a tough in the spark plug hole) spaying a liberal amount of carby cleaner in the spark plug hole and leave over night
( motor must be cold)

The next morning pull the starter cord about 10 times then replace the spark plug and start the blower (is a Little hard to start)

Much to my surprise it cleaned the carbon build up which save me doing a decoke job.
The manufactures would not approve of this method
GOOD ONE DEAN

PATCH

chaplain
31-01-2007, 07:51 AM
Great product keeps my machinery running perfectly :)

administrator
28-09-2007, 11:50 AM
Contractors need to read there service manuels

only yesterday i had a contractor come into the store and say i need a quote on a new blower

i said whats wrong with the one u got

its lost power

Guess what u dont need a new blower have you cleaned the exhaust port

No He said

i did it for him while he was here charged him 10 bucks and said there you go saved you three hundred

this goes on daily some people have gone to other shops and have been told they need a new one

Read your service manuel and do the maintenace

Carby cleaner is a maintenance tool

ian
28-09-2007, 11:38 PM
and it works great

cadase
29-09-2007, 09:00 PM
So how does the carby cleaner work ?
Is it a simple job to take the carby apart ?
I'm pretty sure my Honda 215 could use it, it does cough a bit.
And it's going to be a long dusty summer :(

ian
29-09-2007, 10:41 PM
instructions are on the can but basically you spray it in through the air intake with the engine running also you can use it to decoke the exhaust port by removing the sparkplug and spraying inside with the piston positioned to leave the exhaust port open leave overnight then put the plug back in and start the engine

administrator
29-11-2007, 02:21 PM
You can also use it on your exhaust muffler also cleans the spark arrester filter in the muffler to easssy

administrator
25-06-2008, 09:59 AM
Carby Cleaner Also Rapidly Removies Varnish Oil Sludge And Carbon Deposits To Restore Carbie Efficiency

Clean Your Carby About Every Three Months Or Sooner If Needed Clean Your Exhaust Port About Every6 Months Sooner If Needed

ian
29-03-2013, 07:53 PM
thought i would bump this thread

Lawn Mowing Professionals
29-03-2013, 08:34 PM
good idea Ian!

Simmo.

AJD Mowing
30-03-2013, 05:31 AM
Good one Ian I didnt know about that.. I have had my hedger carby cleaned a couple of times will have to get some and do everything next rainy arvo :)

4 Gardens
30-03-2013, 07:37 AM
Just bought a couple of cans to do all the tools this weekend

63impala
30-03-2013, 08:18 AM
Is that the same stuff as at super cheap....

ian
30-03-2013, 10:41 AM
the one I've used is the Motortech Throttle Body & Carby Cleaner this has the best picture i can find of it http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Motortech-Throttle-Body-Carby-Cleaner-mt117-/230941690454 i brought mine from Autobarns