PDA

View Full Version : New guy: My Garden Guy - sydney, North Shore.

GardenGuy
05-04-2012, 02:31 AM
'Morning!

Long time viewer, first time poster, so 'pop' goes the cherry. ;)

I have been watching and reading indmowing.com.au forums with great interest for a while. There is so much good info for contractors and for customers in here - it's great! I am sure that the posts in here have saved a lot of customers a lot of trouble and time by helping them choose a responsible and professional lawn and garden service provider.

It's great to know that 'the right way' of doing things is properly represented.

'My Garden Guy' is based in the upper north shore in Sydney. We work from Chatswood to Cowan, and some other nearby places.

I'm right proud to be a member of ILMCOA and the standards which it stands for.

Cheers - GardenGuy.

geoff1969
05-04-2012, 03:13 AM
welcome aboard mate ...

Stripes
05-04-2012, 07:29 AM
welcome to the forum mate.

I like the website domain. I have "my" in my domains as well. Easy for people to remember.
www.myirrigation.com.au that re-directs to my original site,
and mygardenmakeover.com.au which is not up yet.

Good luck with it all.

m287j
05-04-2012, 10:14 PM
Welcome GardenGuy, i meet see you around i do a fair bit in your areas.

GardenGuy
05-04-2012, 10:17 PM
Thanks for the welcome, geoff1969. Appreciated.

And thanks, Stripes, for the welcome and the kind words. Your idea is a good one, if you use it for marketing and have suitable analytics or metrics set up to assess that 301 redirect (guessing your'e using a 301...) from myirrigation... to your other domain. I'm kinda keen on keeping it simple and using organic SEO for the time being because Google's AdWords fees can be extortionate and give SFA ROI. Have done a bit of SEO/SEM/Social Media Marketing in a past life, so am happy to share with ILMCOA members.

Have a great Easter, all!

Cheers - GardenGuy.

GardenGuy
05-04-2012, 10:28 PM
Hi m287j!

Looks like we were both typing at the same time, so I didn't see your post. Apologies for not thanking you in the previous post - so - thanks for the kind welcome!

If you see me, pull me up or wave me down, say "G'day" and have some coffee and a snack with me. Likewise, I'll do the same. I always carry tea or coffee and food and am always happy to share. :) Looking forward to working in with you.

Cheers - GardenGuy.

Woodchip
06-04-2012, 06:52 AM
Gday GardenGuy,
Welcome to the site, really nice website you have (I thought your main photos/offers etc flicked through a bit too quick for my brain to read them, but otherwise looked great).
Interesting offer you have developed to try & concentrate your run. Do you get many takers?
cheers
woodchip

Classic Cut
06-04-2012, 07:51 AM
Gardenguy great website, effective and very professional.

PaulG
06-04-2012, 10:27 AM
Welcome to Indy mate!

Mrs HMS
06-04-2012, 03:24 PM
Welcome to the forum, I think you've got a great website too.

Look forward to getting to "know" you.

GardenGuy
06-04-2012, 07:10 PM
Thanks for the kind comments about the website to: Woodchip, Classic Cut and Mrs HMS. It's a great confidence builder when experienced members give positive feedback and make a bloke feel welcome. Thank you.

Woodchip, I hear what you're saying about the header images changing a bit quick. I'll slip a bit more delay into it. Thanks for the hint! The marketing offer you mentioned has been tested by letterboxing some suburbs across our service area and it seems to make people happy. There is a really strong sense of community in some parts around here, and those folks just love to share when it gives benefits everyone involved – everybody wins.

Looking forward to getting to know more of you ILMCOA members, and to working in with other Indies around this region.

Cheers - GardenGuy.