PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Joe - another newbie

seliment
07-04-2012, 01:15 PM
Hello -- let me introduce myself.

I live in the Dandenong Ranges on a few acres and am at the stage of life where its time to 'do the things you want rather than the things you have to'. I have quite an involvement with the Landcare movement.

We have a steep block and in past have had it mown/slashed by a guy with a 4wd tractor & slasher,
but for various reasons have decided to take charge of things ourselves and after some research have taken a leap-of-faith and bought a 4WD rideon that is new to Australia (have one of possibly the first 4 imported from Germany) and purpose built for STEEP and rougher land.
The mower is an AS Motor Sherpa 940, 27HP, German designed and made and is specified to handle up/down slopes to 40 degrees and 17 degrees cross.
So far its proven to be a great performer & its like 'mowing on steriods!' & feels like it is stickng to the slope in almost any conditions.

I also reckoned that there was a niche market for cutting steeper blocks in the area as the machine is much more manoeuvable and has much better access than a tractor combo - so am now in the maketplace for some work to help the machine earn its keep, so here I am launchine into the world of becoming a 'part time mowing contractor', as I don't need to do it full-time for a livelihood.
... So here goes....

Mrs HMS
07-04-2012, 01:39 PM
Hi Joe, if you look down (way down) you can probably see us!

The machine sounds interesting, do you have any pics or video of it in action?

Welcome to the forum and I look forward to seeing how your niche develops. Will you do other slashing work as well or just those in mountain goat territory?

PaulG
07-04-2012, 02:11 PM
Gday and welcome Joe. Sounds like you might have a niche market there indeed. Hope it works for you.

Is this like what you've bought?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xzmcq_t5xWA&feature=related

brettly
07-04-2012, 02:16 PM
Hi Joe and welcome, geez you might be onto something there:thinking.. that things a beast!

Mrs HMS
07-04-2012, 02:21 PM
That's a great vid Paul. Thanks. It handles wet well too then because that trench would be wet from the rain that had clearly soaked the area. At 3.22- 3.45 you swear it's gonna roll!

PaulG
07-04-2012, 02:24 PM
Saw another vid when I found that one that actually has double rear wheels which would help prevent rolling even more I reckon. Only rear wheel drive though I think.

ian
07-04-2012, 02:49 PM
$19k for 36" cut it would want to be a beast but then well worth the money for the ease and safety on the sloping blocks

seliment
07-04-2012, 03:03 PM
there as a qld website that stated a price of abt $19k, but they can be bought here in Aust for much less that that.
I got mine (cos it was an initial order) for closer to the cost of a Grillo 2WD from the company who is now a seller here in Vic.

seliment
07-04-2012, 03:04 PM
yep, that is the machine!