PDA

View Full Version : Tennis Leg - not a joke.

Arfa Brayne
20-04-2012, 11:03 PM
Mowies beware
Most at risk are men in thier 40's with good muscle mass.
Itt'l sit ya on ya bum for a week or two.
I did it playing Nerf wars with the kids, others do it pushing a car or heavy object (barrow, ride on that's busted etc) or just doing a sprint start.
Basically if you haven't done warm ups or stretches (yeah c'mon - who does that, unless they wear lycra) and move quickly the tendon in the calf of the leg goes "bang", and you look around to see who shot you in the back of the leg with a golf ball.
It doesn't hurt that bad, but you won't be able to walk on it. Take it serious and do the R.I.C.E. trick and you'll mend up pretty quick.
Play hero and pretend you're fine, and you'll be buggered for a good season.

Tennis Leg or "Plantaris"

South East Mowing
20-04-2012, 11:22 PM
Mowies beware
Most at risk are men in thier 40's with good muscle mass.
Itt'l sit ya on ya bum for a week or two.
I did it playing Nerf wars with the kids, others do it pushing a car or heavy object (barrow, ride on that's busted etc) or just doing a sprint start.
Basically if you haven't done warm ups or stretches (yeah c'mon - who does that, unless they wear lycra) and move quickly the tendon in the calf of the leg goes "bang", and you look around to see who shot you in the back of the leg with a golf ball.
It doesn't hurt that bad, but you won't be able to walk on it. Take it serious and do the R.I.C.E. trick and you'll mend up pretty quick.
Play hero and pretend you're fine, and you'll be buggered for a good season.

Tennis Leg or "Plantaris"

I did a calf muscle during one winter when I tried to sprint off quickly from my offsider joking around, only to pull up with my offsider pissing himself!

About stretching well now. Should be in that OH&S part.

I often try to do some back and lower body stretches during/after 1st few mows. I get slack with it during warmer months but as it gets cooler I often work it in to my early schedule.

Often clients come out to a look of surprise with me on my back doing some lower back stretches:laughing:

AJD Mowing
21-04-2012, 06:59 AM
I had cronic tendonisis in my archillies tendant (anyone had that?) that took 5 years to come good I wouldnt wish that on anyone...

cadase
21-04-2012, 10:09 AM
Can't say i've had any experience with tennis leg, but i've had a bad experience with tennis balls when stepping over a low fence

Redeye
21-04-2012, 10:40 PM
I had a Bakers cyst about 4-5 years ago, wrongly diagnosed by a punjab doctor, spent 2 months on crutches in considerable pain