PDA

View Full Version : any ideas

raemac1
16-11-2006, 02:32 PM
hi every one i have a issue with my stihl bs85 blower i have had this thing serviced twice :i dunno: it runs beautiful the first time i kick it over but on the second time then it starts then i pull the throtle on then it die's this happens alot lately i'm at my whits end can some one give me an idea as to why this is happerning as i am not paying to get it serviced again the last bloke told me it mite be from the hot weather we have been getting i've put stablelizer in it but it's doing the same as before then i adjust the throle and the highs and the lows but not happeing jan !!! and it's the only one doing it all my other equipment runs fine i have no idea why . :sad:
thanks rossco

administrator
16-11-2006, 02:47 PM
Clean out your exhaust port if thats not been done the exaust cant escape so will have no throttle theres a little spark arrester filter in the exaust clean that as well while your at it :ebony:

raemac1
20-11-2006, 06:51 AM
thanks I'll give it a shot :wave-hi:

bigG
21-11-2006, 07:32 PM
mate i have the same blower ,same problem.never let it run dry of fuel.and give it a good run on choke .but more importantly they [stihl] are very sensitve with regards to fuel mix

administrator
21-11-2006, 08:11 PM
Also use fuel condtioner im sure you probably saw on A Current Affair
that people are finding water in there fuel . :frightene

raemac1
22-11-2006, 05:58 AM
thanks BigG
TO addmin i've put stableizer in the fuel mix but no change to the blower i've :sad: try'd every thing . i'm going to have to get out the hammer i think . thanks guys for the help
rossco :wave-hi:

administrator
22-11-2006, 08:24 AM
Well If The Ones That Say They Know There Product Repair It For You At Your Cost And It Doesnt Work After The Repair I Would Go Back An Ask For My Money Back This Goes On Day After Day And People Are Ripped Of Millions Of Dollars A Year .
Sometimes The One That Services Your Product Is Not A Small Petrol Mechanic .