PDA

View Full Version : A couple of questions about Keep It Easy software.

Blaktop
30-04-2012, 06:27 PM
I just bought Keep It Easy to try and keep track of my clients and my invoicing.....my spreadsheets worked but are fast becoming convoluted.

I'm a little confused about the Interval box when entering a new client. Majority of my regulars are on fortnightly mows in summer and monthly in winter. Any idea what figures I enter in the Interval box and the Winter/Summer boxes to reflect this?

That's the main thing atm, I'm sure there will be more when I get onto scheduling etc.

Cheers in advance

Paul
Economy Lawns & Gardens
Old Bar.

AJD Mowing
30-04-2012, 07:00 PM
Hi Blaktop I started using the Summer/Winter frequency boxes but things change so much so I just use the little calander box when booking a new job.
Hope that helps.
Dean

Blaktop
30-04-2012, 10:41 PM
Cheers AJ. Churning my way through entering all my income & expenses since I started in March.....hehe. Hopefully I'll find time to do some mowing.....;)

AJD Mowing
30-04-2012, 10:53 PM
LOL I have 2 sets of books at the moment and will move accross to keep it easy in July. I do use the invoice for the end of the month stuff though cz its just a couple of clicks and its done.. Its a good program hey? Well I think its good LOL

Blaktop
01-05-2012, 07:36 AM
So far it seems to do just about everything I have 4 spreadsheets for in one program. Do you know if you can change the way the date displays......I can't stand the US way of mm/dd/yy. Also if I use the little calendar at the side when booking a job sometimes it gets it right and sometimes it doesn't. For example if I choose March 1st 2012 it displays 3/1/12 but if I choose March 15th 2012 it displays (and books the job for) 12/3/15. The only way I can get it to do it right is to enter the date manually. Just wondering if I'm doing something wrong or if it's in the program.

Another thing.....when I select 2 invoices for 2 jobs to generate the monthly invoice it only give the charge for one job although the total at the bottom is correct. It's early days yet and I'm probably doing something wrong.

AJD Mowing
01-05-2012, 12:09 PM
Mate sounds like you need to ring Selina she will get it sorted for you. I dont have that hapening with mine..

Neil&family
01-05-2012, 02:48 PM
send her a screenshot and details as to whats happening. as there are many pages with calandars. I have done this in the past with little bugs that i have found.Beats trying to explain it.

AJD Mowing
01-05-2012, 05:39 PM
I like the way she sends you that link and she takes over your computer and fixes it..

South East Mowing
11-05-2012, 10:26 PM
Got a question for those who use this as Selena is off on hols for 2 weeks.

I dont have gst in the "software preferences" section but somehow my invoices to clients are showing a $35 mow , edge , sweep as $31.81 and total of invoice as $35.00 but not actually showing the gst amount anywhere.

has anyone had this happen?

AJD Mowing
12-05-2012, 07:16 AM
Hi Wheeelers Hill, if you go to System Preferences then click General, then in the botom right corner if your not registered for GST un check the Reg GST box.
Cheers
Dean

Leon241
12-05-2012, 08:58 AM
Is there an easy way to see the income earned for each week?

AJD Mowing
12-05-2012, 03:24 PM
Leon go to Job Management and you can see etraight away what you have done by looking at the calander. You can also go to Print Reports then Profit and loss and put in the dates your after.

I got my own problems with it I hope Salina gets back to me soon I cant use it at the moment.... Sometimes I think its safer to use old fasion bookwork computers are good but when something goes wrong with either the computer or software it can mess your entire business up until its fixed.. I am going to keeep 2 sets I think just for piece of mind.. :doh

Cranbourne Lawnmowing
15-07-2012, 02:44 PM
I haven't even got all my customers in yet and I'm scraping it. The only way this programme is going to work for me is if someone else is doing it for me.

AJD Mowing
15-07-2012, 05:38 PM
Whats wrong cranbourne? ask some questions if your having trouble maybe we can help you..

Cranbourne Lawnmowing
15-07-2012, 06:17 PM
Well, I have been trying to enter jobs and payments that have already been done and they keep showing up as a credit for the customer, except for 1 but all through the software I have different dates showing for the date of the job and the payment and when I go into the job details it keeps locking me in there because it is say I have a double booking yet I have no bookings scheduled in. Error messages the list goes on. I have even had to just switch the computer off twice because I could do anything unless I corrected the double booking.

The date problem is the damn filters that keep putting US style dates in.

I'm over it, I've had the programme for a while now and but haven't done much on it because I was waiting for the new financial year but every time I go on it I just end up pissed off.

geoff
15-07-2012, 06:32 PM
thats no good cranbourne,it really pees you off when you pay so much for a pro gramme and get so little....
Its got me stuffed why as a big industry as ours theres not one dedicated pro gramme that does all and i mean all in one from scheduling,invoicing to getting your bas and financial together.
The frigging list goes on in this forum about how great each software is good like gopher,quickbooks,myob etc etc but we need ONE programme ,easy to use that does the lot....SIMPLE i would of thought but not being a computer geek i don't know if it can be done.....I thought from reports on here that this keep it easy did it all ????not sure.....

Cranbourne Lawnmowing
15-07-2012, 06:37 PM
I also had a couple of customers names in there twice from when I was messing around with it. Now I cannot for the life of me get one of them to delete. I delete a name out of the customer list but it keeps showing up in other places. I don't have the patience to put up with something that seems this hard to use especially when I'm spending more time trying to fix things than I am actually being able to use it .

Cranbourne Lawnmowing
15-07-2012, 06:52 PM
thats no good cranbourne,it really pees you off when you pay so much for a pro gramme and get so little....
Its got me stuffed why as a big industry as ours theres not one dedicated pro gramme that does all and i mean all in one from scheduling,invoicing to getting your bas and financial together.
The frigging list goes on in this forum about how great each software is good like gopher,quickbooks,myob etc etc but we need ONE programme ,easy to use that does the lot....SIMPLE i would of thought but not being a computer geek i don't know if it can be done.....I thought from reports on here that this keep it easy did it all ????not sure.....

I agree Geoff. Sorry I did have a lot more that I typed but as has happened so many times before when I have been typing a big post, I get a message telling me to refresh the page and log in again. So like so many other times I lost everythig I had typed. That pisses me off too admin. We are not all able to type at rocket speed.

South East Mowing
15-07-2012, 06:54 PM
I agree Geoff. Sorry I did have a lot more that I typed but as has happened so many times before when I have been typing a big post, I get a message telling me to refresh the page and log in again. So like so many other times I lost everythig I had typed. That pisses me off too admin. We are not all able to type at rocket speed.

Yes rocket speed is quite difficult using 2 fingers!:big grin

DavidS
15-07-2012, 08:20 PM
Glen you need to write a big post in your Word program and then upload it to the Forum. I rang Dean about the problem about 6 weeks ago and that is what Dean has to do to.

AJD Mowing
15-07-2012, 08:36 PM
Cranbourne if you havent done it already print out the user manual then put it in order in a folder then read it a few times until you understand it a bit better. Then ring Selina and what she will do is send you an invitation via the net and she will take control of your computer via her computer. You can chat and watch as she does things and fixes things. I kept 2 sets of books until I fully understood everything. It realy is a good program once you get the hang of it.
Cheers
Dean

geoff
15-07-2012, 08:59 PM
Cranbourne if you havent done it already print out the user manual then put it in order in a folder then read it a few times until you understand it a bit better. Then ring Selina and what she will do is send you an invitation via the net and she will take control of your computer via her computer. You can chat and watch as she does things and fixes things. I kept 2 sets of books until I fully understood everything. It realy is a good program once you get the hang of it.
Cheers
Dean
sounds good Dean,so do you confirm it schedules,invoices does p& l balance sheet and bas ?????

BobC
15-07-2012, 09:05 PM
The date problem isn't the fault of KIE.

Your computer is configured to display the date in U.S. format.

You can simply change the date format by going into your computers control setting and changing the date format to English.

I had the same problem and when I first bought KIE it drove me nuts. Simply change your computers date display format and everything will work as it should.

geoff
15-07-2012, 09:07 PM
answering my own question it does all ....

AJD Mowing
15-07-2012, 09:30 PM
sounds good Dean,so do you confirm it schedules,invoices does p& l balance sheet and bas ?????
Yes Jeoff it does all that and heaps more. I like it because you can look at anytime and see how much money is outstanding and by who, your P&L between any date you enter, if you forget to re book a customer for the next service it tells you,the end of the month just a couple of clicks and invoices are sent of by email and you dont even have to write them up they are just automaticly there ready to go,you can put your assets in so if you buy a new mower it is an expense and also an asset... All that stuff

Cranbourne Lawnmowing
15-07-2012, 11:22 PM
Selina is going to get in touch with me on monday. Will see how we go.

Has been very frustrating. Its hard enough trying to learn to drive this thing so if I can get the problems sorted should make it a lot easier.

I have the feeling I never got the update a while back as the manual is a bit different to what I'm seeing on the screen.

PaulG
15-07-2012, 11:38 PM
I also had a couple of customers names in there twice from when I was messing around with it. Now I cannot for the life of me get one of them to delete.

Exactly the same problem here. I've been entering my customer database and doing a few practice bookings and now I can't delete them. It keeps saying "jobs not completed" or something to that effect.

administrator
16-07-2012, 09:49 AM

Glenn you have 60 minutes to be able to edit your posts and this programme has a 20 second auto save ive checked your permissions and all is ok.

Blaktop
16-07-2012, 08:15 PM
I've had most of the issues reported here.....the answer is in the program, but some took me a while to work out. One that was driving me nuts was my P&L was showing dollars and cents in my jobs.....but only some of them. I had ticked (or unticked) the GST box to say I wasn't collecting GST (and all my jobs are in divisibles of $5....no cents).....but that wasn't enough. On the setup page there is a box saying how much GST to collect.....I made it 0% and all was good. Generally if it won't do something it's because something else needs to be done first. The double booking thing usually occurs if you specify a time for the booking then create a new booking of move one from another day, that has the same time, it will show up as a double booking. All you need to do in that case is change the booking time on the job booking page. It took me ages to work that out....I hit Crtl/Alt.Del and shut the program down with Task Manager a couple of times but now it's all good.

When I entered my previous data, I started at earliest date, made sure I filled in the date the job was actually done and the date the job was paid for. If you forget it will default to today's date which can cause some of the issues you're talking about. If a job is marked as complete and paid for it will balance out, if you're filling in old jobs and book it in (on the actual done date) and click paid without clicking job completed, it will show as a credit. Everytime you enter an old job, set the date, click Job Complete button and it will automatically ask if you received payment, if you click yes it will ask if that makes the job paid in full, if you click yes again it will take you to the payment page for that job to fill in the details. I always make a payment from the particular job page rather than using the Make a Payment button. When I get a Direct Deposit payment I go to the Client List/Client/Job History, find the job that has been paid for, click the Go To Job button beside the particular job, click the make a payment button (the Job Completed button should have been clicked when you actually did the job) and follow the prompts. I sit down for 10 minutes every night when I get home and fill in the jobs for that day ....mark them complete but not paid for invoice jobs and complete and paid for the cash jobs.....book the next job for that customer, then print out tomorrow's list and I'm done.

I know there are other ways to do these things....and probably quicker, but it's way that works for me and I'm comfortable with it. It took me a while to work out how to get from one part of the program to another but I found it worth it in the end. I love it and now I'm comfortable with it I couldn't go back to spreadsheets and diaries.

One thing I don't like is the inability to customise a particular invoice. I have a couple of insurance claimants and I can't work out how to put the claim number in a prominent position. For them I just print out the invoice then use my Excel invoice template to print a custom one. I would like (or be able to find it if you already can) to be able to edit individual invoices at the generation stage.

Tax time I just printed out the Receipts Summary, Expenses Detailed Report and took it to the accountant......he was very happy. The only thing I couldn't work out how to print was the Assets Register.....since I don't have many I just did it on a spreadsheet and printed that. I do have some questions for Selena at some stage though.

Sorry for the wall of text.

Deleting a customer is usually easy, if it won't delete then there is usually an error message saying why.

Cranbourne Lawnmowing
16-07-2012, 08:54 PM
I appreciate the amount of effort you just put into that post but if it takes all that to put a customers payment or book a job etc,etc. then I will end up not useing it. It just should'nt be that hard.

Admin....... the auto save ...is that why I could be having problems? I'm submiting post too quickly? It seems to happen when I have hit reply with quote.

courty
16-07-2012, 09:03 PM
I appreciate the amount of effort you just put into that post but if it takes all that to put a customers payment or book a job etc,etc. then I will end up not useing it. It just should'nt be that hard.

Admin....... the auto save ...is that why I could be having problems? I'm submiting post too quickly? It seems to happen when I have hit reply with quote.

Glenno
It's not hard,it's only a couple of mouse clicks but looks harder when written out.All systems take time to set up correctly but once up and running they save heaps of time. Keep at it mate.

Cranbourne Lawnmowing
16-07-2012, 09:22 PM
Glenno
It's not hard,it's only a couple of mouse clicks but looks harder when written out.All systems take time to set up correctly but once up and running they save heaps of time. Keep at it mate.

Nup. Last night I ended up stuck in a page telling me I was double booked and could not get out of it,,again. Clicked on something eventually that sent me into a grey page with nothing but 3 boxes. Couldn't do anything ended up having to unplug the pc. I havent even tried to book a job yet or put a receipt for fuel etc etc. I'm over it. I have just spent over 12 hrs of my weekend trying to put a couple of customers payments in and I'm still at the same place I was when I started, except now I'm really pissed off.

Btw I bought this software in march and am still trying to have it unlocked and never heard from KIE today. If you need to find ways to make things work with a programme it cant be that good. It should be simple and work the way it is supposed to.

Have fun with it everyone because by the time you've worked out how to get around the problems, I will have finished my paper work the old fashion way..

AJD Mowing
16-07-2012, 10:37 PM
I've had most of the issues reported here.....the answer is in the program, but some took me a while to work out. One that was driving me nuts was my P&L was showing dollars and cents in my jobs.....but only some of them. I had ticked (or unticked) the GST box to say I wasn't collecting GST (and all my jobs are in divisibles of $5....no cents).....but that wasn't enough. On the setup page there is a box saying how much GST to collect.....I made it 0% and all was good. Generally if it won't do something it's because something else needs to be done first. The double booking thing usually occurs if you specify a time for the booking then create a new booking of move one from another day, that has the same time, it will show up as a double booking. All you need to do in that case is change the booking time on the job booking page. It took me ages to work that out....I hit Crtl/Alt.Del and shut the program down with Task Manager a couple of times but now it's all good.

When I entered my previous data, I started at earliest date, made sure I filled in the date the job was actually done and the date the job was paid for. If you forget it will default to today's date which can cause some of the issues you're talking about. If a job is marked as complete and paid for it will balance out, if you're filling in old jobs and book it in (on the actual done date) and click paid without clicking job completed, it will show as a credit. Everytime you enter an old job, set the date, click Job Complete button and it will automatically ask if you received payment, if you click yes it will ask if that makes the job paid in full, if you click yes again it will take you to the payment page for that job to fill in the details. I always make a payment from the particular job page rather than using the Make a Payment button. When I get a Direct Deposit payment I go to the Client List/Client/Job History, find the job that has been paid for, click the Go To Job button beside the particular job, click the make a payment button (the Job Completed button should have been clicked when you actually did the job) and follow the prompts. I sit down for 10 minutes every night when I get home and fill in the jobs for that day ....mark them complete but not paid for invoice jobs and complete and paid for the cash jobs.....book the next job for that customer, then print out tomorrow's list and I'm done.

I know there are other ways to do these things....and probably quicker, but it's way that works for me and I'm comfortable with it. It took me a while to work out how to get from one part of the program to another but I found it worth it in the end. I love it and now I'm comfortable with it I couldn't go back to spreadsheets and diaries.

One thing I don't like is the inability to customise a particular invoice. I have a couple of insurance claimants and
I can't work out how to put the claim number in a prominent position. For them I just print out the invoice then use my Excel invoice template to print a custom one. I would like (or be able to find it if you already can) to be able to edit individual invoices at the generation stage.

Tax time I just printed out the Receipts Summary, Expenses Detailed Report and took it to the accountant......he was very happy. The only thing I couldn't work out how to print was the Assets Register.....since I don't have many I just did it on a spreadsheet and printed that. I do have some questions for Selena at some stage though.

Sorry for the wall of text.

Deleting a customer is usually easy, if it won't delete then there is usually an error message saying why.

Hi Blacktop,
I save the Strata Plan numbers for body corp stuff under the address of the customer and then when I email it its always there. You could always put it in the preference field if your not using it for anything.
Cheers
Dean

Blaktop
16-07-2012, 10:38 PM
It's not hard, it's like anything, you just have to learn how to do it......I can do it in about 1/8 of the time it takes me to type it....lol. For me it's waaaay quicker than doing it manually, and it's all there in one place. I used to use a 4 page spreadsheet with formulas (for keeping track of income/expenses, P/L etc), plus diary (for scheduling), plus another spreadsheet for invoices.....all of which I had to enter the data manually. With KIE I enter it once and it's available in all the areas I need it to be. Once it's set up (which took me a while to enter 3 months worth of data) it's all done with a few mouse clicks. I've been using it now for a couple of months.....the steep part of the learning curve is well over. Data entry and setup always takes time.....the running of it is simply mouse clicking.

Each to his own, of course, and there are people who don't like it.....but I do. For me it combines scheduling, invoicing and adequate accounting in one program.

Blaktop
16-07-2012, 10:45 PM
Cheers AJ, I'll try that again, I did try it but reading your post gave me a thought on another way....:)

I might add that I'm a bit of a computer nut, and I hate for the damn things to beat me....lol.

Blaktop
16-07-2012, 11:00 PM
Thanks for that AJ, it worked fine, claim number in the reference field and client's name in the job address field and it comes up with the required info. Cross that irritation off the list....:D

Bluey
17-07-2012, 03:53 PM

Cranbourne it isn't that hard. Its is really pretty simple. Entering clients is a snap. Once you work out how to move around the system it is really pretty easy. I agree on the invoice Blaktop. Really does need to be customisable. Also I had to build a quote in the letters area and this was a bit painfull. Another thing that is annoys is you cannot email a receipt for payment to a customer. Can do a statement but not a receipt. I did away with quick books this month and have migrated everything to KIE. That was fun...not. But now it is done. I would like to customise the run sheets aswell. Have suggest ed all this to Selina who is doing an update top be released soon.

Blaktop
17-07-2012, 08:48 PM
As Bluey said, it's no fun migrating everything over.....but by the time I had finished, I knew my way around the program reasonably well. You can delete anything you get wrong and do it again. When I was trying to get the client number info on the invoice, I'd book a job, mark it as complete but not paid, then generate an invoice. If it wasn't what I wanted I'd just delete the job and the invoice and start again...(thanks to AJ I don't have to do it now cos I got what I want).

I haven't touched on quotes within KIE....I just use Excel or Word.

AJD Mowing
17-07-2012, 09:04 PM
Glad I could help you Blacktop :)

Cranbourne Lawnmowing
17-07-2012, 10:19 PM
Cranbourne it isn't that hard. Its is really pretty simple. Entering clients is a snap. Once you work out how to move around the system it is really pretty easy. I agree on the invoice Blaktop. Really does need to be customisable. Also I had to build a quote in the letters area and this was a bit painfull. Another thing that is annoys is you cannot email a receipt for payment to a customer. Can do a statement but not a receipt. I did away with quick books this month and have migrated everything to KIE. That was fun...not. But now it is done. I would like to customise the run sheets aswell. Have suggest ed all this to Selina who is doing an update top be released soon.

Problem isn't entering clients Bluey. Its other things that I want to delete that are causing the problem.

The biggest issue I have is the double booking. I've tried numerous times resolve the issue and had to shut it down. Even when I have changed the booking time, it still says I'm double booked. What gets me is that I can't even find the job that is supposedly double booked.

Does anyone know if I could uninstall and reinstall to start from scratch?

Blaktop
18-07-2012, 07:35 AM
Try starting it up and going straight to the Jobs page and deleting the bookings you have in there and start the jobs booking again. I've given up using times, I never manage to stick to the timetable anyway. I also don't use the Winter/Summer intervals option which understand (I could be wrong) automatically books a new job at the specified interval when the current job is marked as complete. I do all my bookings individually.

I found it quite a steep learning curve at the beginning but it levelled out fairly quickly.

AJD Mowing
18-07-2012, 08:05 AM
Thats a strange one Cranbourne maybe take note of the customers tetails then delete the customer and start again. What you have done will be a simple fix it will be something you have done somewhere, I was the same way when I got started with it and was ringing Selina every day but have it all worked out now..

Bluey
18-07-2012, 08:46 AM
Cranbourne all jobs for that customer should be on the Job History tab. Go to the individual jobs for that customer and delete the double booked one or all of them then start again.

Cranbourne Lawnmowing
18-07-2012, 09:09 AM
I also don't use the Winter/Summer intervals option which understand (I could be wrong) automatically books a new job at the specified interval when the current job is marked as complete.

I found it quite a steep learning curve at the beginning but it levelled out fairly quickly.

That does seem likely as the problem only started after I marked a job as complete

Bluey
18-07-2012, 09:20 AM
I like the winter/summer idea but when I instituted it the job records for already processed jobs did not update like they aresupposed to. I sent Selina a note on this and also suggest that she include the other 2 seasons as i know I treat spring different to both summer and winter on some lawns and gardens. Also asked if we could have a list of all invoices issued to cutomer on a tab on customer record.

AJD Mowing
18-07-2012, 04:30 PM
Thats a good idea Bluey. I would like to be able to re send an invoice that is overdue and have OVERDUE on it. I havn't used the statements yet I put all invoices for the month on 1 invoice. do you know if the statement has overdue on it for invoices that are overdue?

Bluey
18-07-2012, 04:41 PM
Thats a good idea Bluey. I would like to be able to re send an invoice that is overdue and have OVERDUE on it. I havn't used the statements yet I put all invoices for the month on 1 invoice. do you know if the statement has overdue on it for invoices that are overdue?

Yes I suggested that as well and actually resend one if they lose it. I am not sure if the statement would list it as overdue because there is no where to set up and define what length of time is overdue. I dont have any clients with overdue accounts yet so cant tell.

Bluey
18-07-2012, 04:47 PM
One major thing I have found is that the program does not forward book all jobs for the client on thier set intervals. Rather it relies on you processing one job and booking the next one. This is a major draw back for me and I dare say others as I like to see what I have programmed weeks in advance so I can pick times to slot in jobs. I have suggested to Selina that if the program booked the jobs in advance for whatever time the user defines it would be better ie. The user can define via the settings that all jobs with intervals be booked to a set time in the future. These jobs would show as"programmed" jobs and then when you process your current job you could change the status of the next one in line to"confirmed". I think this would be a pretty easy change. Lets see what she says.

Chris B
18-07-2012, 05:16 PM
Do you guys find that when using scheduling software you are double handling unless you are accessing software via a smart phone on the go?

AJD Mowing
18-07-2012, 05:19 PM
Yes I suggested that as well and actually resend one if they lose it. I am not sure if the statement would list it as overdue because there is no where to set up and define what length of time is overdue. I dont have any clients with overdue accounts yet so cant tell.

I found if you need to send another you can go to the job and clear the invoice number then the invoice will apear so you can raise it again but you need to manualy put the invoice number in again.. Could be simpler though

courty
18-07-2012, 05:28 PM
Do you guys find that when using scheduling software you are double handling unless you are accessing software via a smart phone on the go?

Not really Chris,the only time I have to write something down is for a new enquiry or I jot down a note on the run sheet as a reminder for extras.

AJD Mowing
18-07-2012, 05:57 PM
I have a diary and a run sheet

Blaktop
18-07-2012, 06:27 PM
I found if you need to send another I guess it depends if you are emailing or snail mailing........most of mine seem to be snail mail and if I need to send another one I just got to invoices, click on the one I want and print it out.

I am not sure if the statement would list it as overdue because there is no where to set up and define what length of time is overdue.There is a place in the setup to define what your trading terms are, surely it wouldn't be hard to automatically add OVERDUE to any invoice not marked as paid within the specified time from when the invoice was generated.

Do you guys find that when using scheduling software you are double handling unless you are accessing software via a smart phone on the go? I print out the daily sheet and any notes relevant to any customer I just write on the sheet. I also carry a diary to jot notes in. I don't find I'm double handling though. As I said, when I get home I spend 10 minutes updating the day's jobs and booking the next one.

NLALM
18-07-2012, 06:30 PM
So bluey which do you prefer keep it easy or gopher

Bluey
18-07-2012, 06:58 PM

no mate not really. make a few notes on the run sheet and then do the work at home at the end of the day.

Bluey
18-07-2012, 07:00 PM
I have a diary and a run sheet

Yes me too...i do same...get an enquiry it goes in diary...hey I can be a poet. The run sheet takes any notes about jobs

AJD Mowing
18-07-2012, 07:02 PM
I just had a play with KIE statements and it does say what is paid and what is owing. You can put in any date you want the statement from and print it out or email it.. :)

Bluey
18-07-2012, 07:02 PM
So bluey which do you prefer keep it easy or gopher

Mate KIE....Gopher never could do the financial side any good. I used Gopher solely as a scheduler. There are some things in Gopher though that KIE could use

Bluey
18-07-2012, 07:04 PM
I just had a play with KIE statements and it does say what is paid and what is owing. You can put in any date you want the statement from and print it out or email it.. :)

Yeah I guess that can work. Can we add a note to a statement to say pay up or else?

AJD Mowing
18-07-2012, 07:10 PM
Yea thats easy you print it out and go to the door and say Pay Up Or Else... :laughing:

Bluey
18-07-2012, 07:53 PM
Ha ha...got to expect that from a bogan who lives in the Shire....:i dunno:

AJD Mowing
18-07-2012, 07:57 PM
Hey Bluey did you see me on the TV the other night that Shire show? I was the one singing that wrap rubish :cool:

Bluey
18-07-2012, 10:55 PM
Lol..didnt watch it mate. Heard it was riveting but and people say it is true to form...lol

AJD Mowing
19-07-2012, 03:47 PM
LOL hmmm Whats Adelaide like? I tried to get there once but it was so windy in those hills as you get close it blew me all the way back to the Shire :laughing:

Bluey
19-07-2012, 04:43 PM
Mate we have a fair share of Bogans here too. Would laugh if they made a series about some place like Elizabeth

Bluey
19-07-2012, 04:49 PM
Back on topic. What schedule are you guys using. I am using Daily and the Job Card Report. Not completely happy with it. I have asked Selina if we could have tick boxes for things like poison, fertilizer and dumping fees and an area to not how much to charge. Also need more room for comments

If only I could get access to the reports I could easily change it around to suit myself but they are locked down.

Bluey
19-07-2012, 04:54 PM
Anyone use the SMS function yet?

Dazz1
19-07-2012, 06:02 PM
I export ALL invoices as PDF to a document file I have just for invoices on the desktop. To find them quickly i rename them with the invoice number eg "invoice 12345", easy to reprint or email you dont need to open KIE.
Your email should act as a cover letter for your attachments so i don't see any need to put "overdue" on the invoice infact i don't resend an invoice just the invoice number on the first reminder.

Neil&family
19-07-2012, 07:06 PM
I stamp my pdf files with http://www.pdfill.com/ . You can add just about any file to a Pdf. I just search for image files of stamps and insert them on invoices. Pretty easy and you could even put the ILMCOA logo on the invoice.

Dazz1
19-07-2012, 07:20 PM
I stamp my pdf files with http://www.pdfill.com/ . You can add just about any file to a Pdf. I just search for image files of stamps and insert them on invoices. Pretty easy and you could even put the ILMCOA logo on the invoice.

Looks good do you use the full version or the fee one?

AJD Mowing
19-07-2012, 07:21 PM
I use the day schedule.. One thing I think needs looking at is when you complete a job and you click on job management then job details you cant pay a previous job from there you have to get out of it and then go to that job and pay there. But realy I can live with that I think Selina has done a good job and her customer service is excelent..

Bluey
19-07-2012, 07:38 PM

I like this one

Bluey
19-07-2012, 07:43 PM
I export ALL invoices as PDF to a document file I have just for invoices on the desktop. To find them quickly i rename them with the invoice number eg "invoice 12345", easy to reprint or email you dont need to open KIE.
Your email should act as a cover letter for your attachments so i don't see any need to put "overdue" on the invoice infact i don't resend an invoice just the invoice number on the first reminder.

Interesting but your really double handling. You can do exactly what your doing from the Invoice page on KIE. You can choose how you list the invoices and if you want to resend one you can click on it and send it. I cant see why yopu would bother doing the extra to save them to the desktop.

AJD Mowing
19-07-2012, 07:50 PM
Selina gave me a good tip when backing up to my external drive if you write the date at the end of each day like this 201207019 then they will apear in order..

Bluey
19-07-2012, 07:58 PM
Ok I have worked something out. You can add stuff to any existing invoice including charges such as over due fees and then you can resend that invoice via email. You can also add a note via the comments fields. Just go to the job and make the changes and choose Print Invoice and your away. The invoice number stays the same so it does not generate a new invoice. I made the late fee a service on the service listing as a fee. Here is a dummy to show what I mean.

courty
19-07-2012, 08:12 PM
Pure genius Bluey,you da man.

Bluey
19-07-2012, 08:17 PM
And you can add a note to the job with a follow up date to follow it up. That then appears on fron screen like this below. Click on it and it takes you to the note which you can set ahead for another prompt if needed

Neil&family
19-07-2012, 08:23 PM
Looks good do you use the full version or the fee one?

Free one Dazz. You can choose the size and the transparency of the stamp too.

Bluey
19-07-2012, 08:28 PM
Lol...I liked this

Dazz1
19-07-2012, 09:33 PM
Interesting but your really double handling. You can do exactly what your doing from the Invoice page on KIE. You can choose how you list the invoices and if you want to resend one you can click on it and send it. I cant see why yopu would bother doing the extra to save them to the desktop.

No double handling becouse when you generate an invoice KIE gives you the option to export as different file types,
If i need to look up an invoice for someone to resend, reprint or just to have a look at it it's much quicker to just double click on a file and have all my invoices pop up without opening any software. If you are responding to an email and need to resend an invoice and you dont have it saved to a file you would need to open KIE and send a new email instead of just attaching and reply.
You would need to export to edit the PDF if you wanted to stamp "over due" like some people want to any way!

I just like keeping files;)

PaulG
19-07-2012, 10:34 PM
Hey Bluey did you see me on the TV the other night that Shire show? I was the one singing that wrap rubish :cool:

Just going OT again - Beau Ryan did a bit of a piss-take of The Shire early in The Footy Show tonight. It was called 'The S.h.i.t.e' which sounds pretty accurate!

AJD Mowing
19-07-2012, 10:50 PM
This is the botom end of the statement so what I am doing is if I post I will highlight and stamp overdue and if email I will make note of overdue amount and attach the statement.