PDA

View Full Version : Lakeside Mowing is finally up and running, well, walking....

Lakeside Mowing
04-05-2012, 08:13 AM
Hello all

Been lurking here for a year or so, watching, learning, etc.

Thanks already to Dean and all you good people for making this Forum such a great source of shared knowledge.

I now have my Indy membership, insurance, ute, trailer and gear.

My first three jobs are under the belt, already learned a few things about quoting.

Part time for now as my main income source has slowed down but is still there, a bit.

Hoping this new business will pick up to the point where I can flick the other and become a full time Mowing Man.

Lovin it!!!!

Gordon

luketud
04-05-2012, 08:28 AM
Welcome and i hope you can build a good mowing business

It is good learning all the quoting side of things

brettly
04-05-2012, 09:14 AM
Welcome Gordon, you've definitely come prepared;). No is the time to get your advertising fine-tuned, keep us updated on how your progressing ...

BTW what was your main income source?

Lakeside Mowing
04-05-2012, 09:42 PM
Cheers thanks. Last ten years subcontracting for a real estate business putting up their signs. Great job but getting a bit sore in the old shoulders from lifting the star picket driver.

administrator
05-05-2012, 09:22 AM
Now theres a good add on putting up signs for Real Estate Moguls alot of Lawnies do work for Real estates your allready in the door all you have to do is ask the question .

http://www.indmowing.com.au/forum/showthread.php?10896-Winter-Side-Line&p=99013#post99013

PhilG
05-05-2012, 12:09 PM
Cheers thanks. Last ten years subcontracting for a real estate business putting up their signs. Great job but getting a bit sore in the old shoulders from lifting the star picket driver.

And you think mowing lawns will be easier on the body......you will just have aches and pains in different places. All the best with the new biz.

GardenGuy
05-05-2012, 07:40 PM
Welcome, and best of luck for the success you dream of.

Cheers - GardenGuy.

Lawn Mowing Professionals
05-05-2012, 09:48 PM
And you think mowing lawns will be easier on the body......you will just have aches and pains in different places. All the best with the new biz.

I was thinking the same...

I use to put up my own 5" high metal framed signs when I was an Real Estate agent and it is definately easier on the body than mowing 6" high grass in summer ;)

Good luck Gordon and welcome to the madhouse.

Simmo.

breugelp
26-05-2012, 07:33 PM
hi all, I have just joined and havent taken the leap into lawn mowing and garden maintenance. I am currently in banking and could possible be out of a job later this year. Seriously thinking about starting up on my own, just need the courage and as much info as I can before I take the leap. Any advice before I set up would be fantastic.