PDA

View Full Version : Elbow Pain.... Tennis Elbow?

Geelong-Mowing
10-05-2012, 10:08 PM
I've been a lawnie now for just over a year and have developed a niggle in my right elbow (I am right handed).

It starts at the elbow and goes down the forearm a little. I wouldnt say it is painful (yet), but I fear it will get worse.

Does anyone else get this?

Maybe it might be caused from holding the loop handle on my w/snipper.

Duke_LetoII
10-05-2012, 10:11 PM
Same here, almost exactly. Even the time frame. Interested in hearing opinions.

ian
10-05-2012, 10:19 PM
sounds like the beginning of tennis elbow a client of mine (a hair dresser) was recommended something like this and swears by it for fixing/easing hers http://www.return2fitness.co.uk/Supports_And_Braces/Elbow_Supports/lpelbow701

South East Mowing
10-05-2012, 10:28 PM
sounds like the beginning of tennis elbow a client of mine (a hair dresser) was recommended something like this and swears by it for fixing/easing hers http://www.return2fitness.co.uk/Supports_And_Braces/Elbow_Supports/lpelbow701

maybe start of golfers elbow or tennis elbow - yes they are two different things. I have had it several times especially throygh a long season. REST is the best thing they will tell you . But what Ian put up is what I have which does help. I suggest you do some research into how to rest it, work differently and get it worked on by a pro.

cadase
10-05-2012, 10:55 PM
You'll find it happens when the muscle is contracted for long periods, get someone to karate chop the area just below the elbow on the forearm muscle, make sure no one's got a camera handy, because some of the faces you'll pull will be horrific, but it loosens the tension from the muscle, then go to the chemist and buy an elbow strap thingy(my wifes term, she's a nurse) and wear that whilst working if it gets worse take two asprin and see a doctor

AJD Mowing
11-05-2012, 07:02 AM
Bricklayers get this all the time just get one of those elbow straps. I have had it for years it comes and goes

NLALM
11-05-2012, 06:03 PM
Bricklayers get this all the time just get one of those elbow straps. I have had it for years it comes and goes

I got it really bad from a job where I built retaining walls and garden edges out of bush rock the job took 2 years, and I got it from trowelling the mud out of a bucket day in day out. The brace thing does help. I had a couple of cortisone needles in it, but it was so bad that I was going to have surgery on it, but then I had a bad accident and was off work for so long that it got better, so rest is the cure but its a bit hard when you have to make a living

Woodchip
11-05-2012, 07:12 PM
Yes, rest it as much as you can, & learn to notice the signs that you are working it too hard...dont just keep going (she'll be right mate!), change your technique slightly as mentioned above, it should go away(mine comes and goes)....So dont panic, its not permanent, obviously see your doctor if symptons persist

cheers