PDA

View Full Version : Energy on the job

imoww
06-06-2012, 05:23 PM
What does everyone eat / drink for keeping their energy up throughout the day?
Im looking for something to keep me going. Because i dont have a diet... Coke, snacks, Maccas...... Im needing energy....

Stump
06-06-2012, 05:46 PM
I always start the day with a purple Mother energy drink. Works a treat

ian
06-06-2012, 06:01 PM
speed :laughing:

i take home made rolls made with love by my wife, she usually makes them because she can't stand looking at how i make them :)

happymowin
06-06-2012, 06:02 PM
i always take water and staminade (made from the powder)

summer easy in a morning to drink 4 litres water and 2 litres staminade

winter about 1 water 2 staminade

cuppa tea at smoko time, and 3 sangas and a nut bar for food thru the morning

light lunch at home

a cuppa coffee lunch and arvo before i leave for the arvo shift.

no take away, no soft drinks

better off eating your money than eating macas, and coke is a wotam

cheers :)

AJD Mowing
06-06-2012, 06:06 PM
4 Fried chickens and a coke...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poBGgBKpqQw

geoff1969
06-06-2012, 06:10 PM
good call A J D , top movie ......
cheers

St George
06-06-2012, 06:15 PM
Don't smoke and have only 5 alcohol drinks a week and get a good nights sleep.works for me.

courty
06-06-2012, 06:36 PM
4 Fried chickens and a coke...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poBGgBKpqQw
Hahaha
4 fried chickens and a coke,piece of toast dry with a cup o tea

Just as a aside I see Donald Duck Dunn passed away the other day

geoff1969
06-06-2012, 06:43 PM
years ago while working for my dad the only energy burst he used to give out was boot up the clacker to get ya moving quicker ...... now usualy coffee , tea , etc , but i find rather than eat a big lunch in one hit if going to be a long day i devide the sandwiches and fruit up and just have a nibble in between jobs.

Cranbourne Lawnmowing
06-06-2012, 07:10 PM
Last summer I would take a container with a fruit/nut/white chocolate mix that I got from aldi. I'd just shove a small handful in my gob before and after a job. Tasted great and did the job

AJD Mowing
06-06-2012, 07:38 PM
Hahaha
4 fried chickens and a coke,piece of toast dry with a cup o tea

Just as a aside I see
Donald Duck Dunn passed away the other day

Also pasing away the other day was the Irish guy who invented the dance "The Hokey Pokey" Aparently they had a few problems getting him the coffin. They put his left leg in first and that is when all the fun started...

63impala
06-06-2012, 07:43 PM
3 eggs sunny side up steak or chop 2 toast.1 tomato hard charger breakfast keep u fueld and going for some Time every day Remember ceril is for pussie Eating like that when I poped out of the whom.....ceril for girly man....

Redeye
06-06-2012, 08:07 PM
bananas are good for a quick energy fix

GardenGuy
06-06-2012, 08:09 PM
Two double espressos and four weetbix (or whatever they call those wheat based dog biscuits these days) for brekky, and maybe 500 ml of milk and Aktavite if I know the day's work will be mostly anaerobic.

High carb lunch of sangers with a heap of salad and some ham/bacon/mystery-meat on home baked bread or tater salad or pasta salad. Pack all the sandwich bits seperately and assemble when it's chow time else it will be like a school lunch (i.e. soggy). It's colder now, so I often pack a thermos of thick and meaty soup too.

Lots of water (up to four or five litres per full day, and most of it comes out as sweat), and 'breakfast on the go' packs as necessary to top up the energy level. Caffeine drinks make you feel good but the diuretic effect - well - it's a p1sser. :)

Heaps of veg with chilli and spices in the evening for dinner to keep the 'works' working, and plenty of protein for recovery - and a good night's sleep. And a couple of glasses of red wine or some real ale - the yeast is also beneficial for gut health.

Under-feed and under-water and your power and speed level will drop, as will your intellect and your mood (and probably work quality) on a good hard day.

My $0.02 worth. :)

Cheers - GardenGuy.

EDIT: Fixed speeling errors. :D

ian
06-06-2012, 09:44 PM
EDIT: Fixed speeling errors. :D
would that be spelling errors :laughing:

PaulG
07-06-2012, 12:52 AM
A good breakfast, Usually about 7 Weet-Bix with milk and a bit of honey or 3 or 4 eggs and toast, cup of tea with all my pills for my gut ilness!

During the day I have water plus an electrolyte drink (not a sports drink), plus some almonds, sultanas etc to chew on between jobs.

For lunch I'll try to make a fresh breadroll of some sort, maybe chicken and salads. If I'm lazy or too far from home I'll buy fish and chips.

Late in the day if I'm lazy and feeling a bit sluggish I'll get an iced-coffee and a choccy bar. Not all the time though - got to lose about 4kgs as it is.

At night, multi-vitamin, echinacea, fish-oil tablets.

Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden
07-06-2012, 01:06 AM
I dont eat during the day as soon as you eat thats it your had it. Both my offsiders dont eat during the day either and i have found that if i had a offsider that ate i the middle of the day sure as his work amount reduced by atleast half if not more after eating.

PaulG
07-06-2012, 01:10 AM
You must be part robot Daniel! I'm stuffed if I don't eat. Energy levels just drop but that's part and parcel of the bowel disease I have.

Kathryn
07-06-2012, 06:52 AM
gotta have brekkie or the arms and legs dont want to work. during the day i live of anything muesli bar related. they dont seem to mind being in a hot car in summer and if there i can eat one whilst driving to the next job. plus you dont have to touch the food with bare hands.

courty
07-06-2012, 07:18 AM
I dont eat during the day as soon as you eat thats it your had it. Both my offsiders dont eat during the day either and i have found that if i had a offsider that ate i the middle of the day sure as his work amount reduced by atleast half if not more after eating.

Same for me,I might have a snack but nothing heavy. I start looking for a nice shady tree to snooze under after eating.

Neil&family
07-06-2012, 11:37 AM
Ice break, Meat pie sometimes a pastie if i'm in a healthy state of mind. Coffee for smoko and park my fat arse on the Ride on as much as possible.

imoww
07-06-2012, 01:08 PM
Thanks guys. If I eat like a rabbit, ill probably live longer too.
Lots of good ideas there.

Blaktop
07-06-2012, 07:26 PM
Couple of double shot expressos for breakfast. If I'm in Taree I go to the wife's cafe for grilled fish & salad or a pasta for lunch (part owner equals free lunch....lol). Plenty of water in the summer. Rare occasion I'll have Maccas......mostly go the fish & salad.

Fred's mowing
07-06-2012, 09:08 PM
Ice break, Meat pie sometimes a pastie if i'm in a healthy state of mind. Coffee for smoko and park my fat arse on the Ride on as much as possible.

Smoko................. have'nt had smoko since the late70's working on the council.
Pftttt....sheila's with their weetbix, poweraid & energy snacks.
Just suck back a couple of Craven A's & away u go!;frosty;
Cheers Fred.

geoff
07-06-2012, 09:25 PM
you are a such a whacko fred hehehehehehe craven A yeah along time ago glad i dont do that anymore lol.......my energy is water all day but the barley sugar keeps the energy going...good breakfast, home for lunch and home before the bold and beautiful hahahahhah,,,, all the experts tell me graze all day on fruit and seems to work for me

ASTRO
07-06-2012, 09:42 PM
Usually roast/t-bones for tea night before a garden renovation/fully booked days.Which is burnt off the during the day.
Morning start-up is mocha milk drink+twin pack snickers,chilled rainwater+bickfords lime juice with odd 5-minute progress break.
Avoid lunch as it slows you down.
Couple of bananas for sugar levels for 2nd wind to bring it home.
Then find a couple of sherberts with my name on them for medicinal purposes.
Finish with fish/chicken for tea.
Cheers astro.

HPM
07-06-2012, 10:34 PM
I love this industry..
I'll eat to keep the weight on unlike the wife&strife that's been on a diet since kindergarten.
Crunchynut's and coffee to start...meat pie, custard tart and a coffee milk for lunch.(usually at about 3pm) then dinner at about 8.00.
Lots of water during the day and the occasional can of solo for a sugar fix.

PaulG
09-06-2012, 01:20 AM
This one goes out to Fred the sheila hater :wave-hi: :laughing: ;frosty;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQdSGM8J0v4

courty
09-06-2012, 11:33 AM
Smoko................. have'nt had smoko since the late70's working on the council.
Pftttt....sheila's with their weetbix, poweraid & energy snacks.
Just suck back a couple of Craven A's & away u go!;frosty;
Cheers Fred.

Haha,you and I would get a long just fine