PDA

View Full Version : Notice the trailer signage!

Mrs HMS
29-06-2012, 11:15 AM
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/8491490/hit-and-run-driver-filmed-by-cyclist

oops!

courty
29-06-2012, 11:32 AM
What a farkin tool

Redeye
29-06-2012, 11:48 AM
time for Jims Driving Lessons

ASTRO
29-06-2012, 01:46 PM
Thats one of the 5%'s changing the ohs + saftey regulations.
Cheers Mr Jim.

ian
29-06-2012, 01:55 PM
well of cause, i mean you don't think an Indy would drive like that do you :laughing: they are both very lucky people 100th of a second later and :i dunno:

Mrs HMS
29-06-2012, 02:52 PM
well of cause, i mean you don't think an Indy would drive like that do you :laughing: they are both very lucky people 100th of a second later and :i dunno:

I know, the cyclist did a stellar job of staying up! I wasn't Jimbo bashing, just unfortunate that it happened to be a Jimbo. It's all over the front page of msn and youtube. The bearded one must be a little miffed at the bad publicity.

Jims mowing...or is that Jims mow you down

BeetleJuice
29-06-2012, 02:54 PM
Oh no not another JIM’s bashing thread
If the trailer had a INY sign on it the replies would have been “that cyclists shouldn’t have been on the road”

ian
29-06-2012, 03:49 PM
If the trailer had a INY sign on it the replies would have been “that cyclists shouldn’t have been on the road”

hey now that's unfair the cyclist has every right to be on the road he should just have just given way to the car :)

cadase
29-06-2012, 03:58 PM
Speaking of 100th of a second later

http://video.adelaidenow.com.au/2102510366/Youth-convicted-over-train-incident?area=videoindex1

BeetleJuice
29-06-2012, 04:17 PM
hey now that's unfair the cyclist has every right to be on the road he should just have just given way to the car :)
........... Lol :) ................

Mrs HMS
29-06-2012, 04:55 PM

I said quite clearly that it was not a Jims bashing thread, it's a you drove like a complete idiot thread and I mentioned how unfortunate the signage on the trailer is, being such a well known brand.

The fact that this enables a couple of one-line quips at the expense of the "brand" does not make it a bash. I would have posted it even if there were Indy stickers on the trailer and think most people here would have a sense of humour about it.

Bad driving is bad driving no matter who does it. I like to think that the members of this forum are intelligent enough to work that out.

AJD Mowing
29-06-2012, 05:12 PM
Good one Joanne I gotta say my first reaction was to laugh,, I dont think that guy has been towing a trailer for long.. The guy on the bike did a good job staying on, if it was me there would have been carnage, over the handlebars I would go :laughing:

Fred's mowing
29-06-2012, 05:15 PM
I said quite clearly that it was not a Jims bashing thread, it's a you drove like a complete idiot thread and I mentioned how unfortunate the signage on the trailer is, being such a well known brand.

The fact that this enables a couple of one-line quips at the expense of the "brand" does not make it a bash. I would have posted it even if there were Indy stickers on the trailer and think most people here would have a sense of humour about it.

Bad driving is bad driving no matter who does it. I like to think that the members of this forum are intelligent enough to work that out.

Yer, lighten up Juicy:big grin
Cheers Fred.

ian
29-06-2012, 05:41 PM
ok after the last couple of posts i maybe confused are people saying the guy on the bike wasn't riding incorrectly i mean that if he had been riding the way i believe you should ride on a main rode i don't think there would have been a problem

geoff1969
29-06-2012, 05:59 PM
ok after the last couple of posts i maybe confused are people saying the guy on the bike wasn't riding incorrectly i mean that if he had been riding the way i believe you should ride on a main rode i don't think there would have been a problem

from the video the bike rider was riding ok no dramas , and car driver just cut straight across into the bike riders lane , time thay made it law you want to tow trailers etc do a course or be fined = to many people tow trailers caravans etc and have no ****ing clue what there doing ,

Stump
29-06-2012, 06:06 PM
Umm.........He was in the bicyle lane! There needs to be alot more comprehensive driver education regarding bicycle lanes that run across left hand turning lanes. This same thing has almost happened to me countless times, but after the first time I always look across my shoulder behind me, but there is always some peanut that doesn;t have a clue.

Mrs HMS
29-06-2012, 06:18 PM
Yer, lighten up Juicy:big grin
Cheers Fred.

Yeah, you're right Fred. Wine in hand and the financial year over for me and all is right with the world again.

ian
29-06-2012, 06:50 PM
Umm.........He was in the bicyle lane! There needs to be alot more comprehensive driver education regarding bicycle lanes that run across left hand turning lanes. This same thing has almost happened to me countless times, but after the first time I always look across my shoulder behind me, but there is always some peanut that doesn;t have a clue.

i wasn't saying the cyclist wasn't riding legally just not the way you should on a main road in other words like very one else on the road is either stupid or trying to kill you or both :)

Classic Cut
29-06-2012, 07:14 PM
Stop the in-fighting guys. Jim sorted the issue as soon as it was brought to light on Wednesday. Police, Franchisee and Cyclist we contacted.

Accidents happen and that's what it was.

ian
29-06-2012, 07:27 PM
Stop the in-fighting guys. Jim sorted the issue as soon as it was brought to light on Wednesday. Police, Franchisee and Cyclist we contacted.

please explain where the in fighting is happening, as far as i can see no one has done anything except maybe a bit of light hearted jesting or maybe it's some paranoid reading between or twisting of the lines, if Jims on this forum can't handle a little light ribbing maybe they should take their bat and ball and retreat to their own forum where when someone decides to laugh at and cast aspersions at Indy's i bet they don't have any Indy's trying to tell them to behave, which would of cause is because as indy's we all have a sense of humour :)

geoff
29-06-2012, 07:45 PM

relax mate......its all good , we would be on a indy's arse too , you have admit its funny after the event no body hurt ..all good

South East Mowing
29-06-2012, 07:48 PM
But saying all that maybe there could be a division of "Jim's Tools":bike:

ASTRO
29-06-2012, 07:53 PM
Suppose he needs to cut grass not corners.:doh

South East Mowing
29-06-2012, 07:59 PM
Suppose he needs to cut grass not corners.:doh

I can see a lonnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggg useless heated thread coming!!!:o

Classic Cut
29-06-2012, 08:03 PM
please explain where the in fighting is happening, as far as i can see no one has done anything except maybe a bit of light hearted jesting or maybe it's some paranoid reading between or twisting of the lines, if Jims on this forum can't handle a little light ribbing maybe they should take their bat and ball and retreat to their own forum where when someone decides to laugh at and cast aspersions at Indy's i bet they don't have any Indy's trying to tell them to behave, which would of cause is because as indy's we all have a sense of humour :)

Ian maybe you should re-read your post and lighten up yourself. My opening statement was made in jest and blind Freddy could see that.

As for retreating back to my own forum, who made you boss? I have rarely been provocative and stirred the pot on here, especially to you, so show some respect.

Fred's mowing
29-06-2012, 08:18 PM
Ian maybe you should re-read your post and lighten up yourself. My opening statement was made in jest and blind Freddy could see that.

As for retreating back to my own forum, who made you boss? I have rarely been provocative and stirred the pot on here, especially to you, so show some respect.

So Im blind now eh?:rolleyes:..................................... ......:laughing:
Cheers blind Freddy.

Mrs HMS
29-06-2012, 08:23 PM

Ah geez I wish I'd never started this now. For the third time...it's was not about Jim bashing....if the trailer had indy markings on it I'd have done the same and I bet the responses condemning the driver as a bit of a dill would be the same. Even the jokes made would apply equally.

This story is in the public domain so fair and reasonable that it is raised here as an issue with towing a trailer and being a cyclist for that matter.

I'm glad it has been dealt with. Lucky nobody was hurt.

Mrs HMS
29-06-2012, 08:23 PM
So Im blind now eh?:rolleyes:..................................... ......:laughing:
Cheers blind Freddy.

Depends on how many beers you've had :laughing:

ian
29-06-2012, 08:53 PM
Ah geez I wish I'd never started this now. For the third time...it's was not about Jim bashing....if the trailer had indy markings on it I'd have done the same and I bet the responses condemning the driver as a bit of a dill would be the same. Even the jokes made would apply equally.

This story is in the public domain so fair and reasonable that it is raised here as an issue with towing a trailer and being a cyclist for that matter.

I'm glad it has been dealt with. Lucky nobody was hurt.

Joanne not you fault just the Jims showing they can dish it but can't take it and even when no insults are meant they will imagine them :)

Classic Cut
29-06-2012, 09:00 PM
Joanne not you fault just the Jims showing they can dish it but can't take it and even when no insults are meant they will imagine them :)

Ian do I represent all Jim's? I don't think so. Just like I don't put you in the same pot with all Indies.

ian
29-06-2012, 09:03 PM

Classic Cut maybe you should re-read your post and lighten up yourself. My statement was made in jest and blind Freddy could see that. :)

as for who made me boss no-one I'm not it was simply a suggestion that if you don't like what you read on the Indy forum and want to imagine insults where none were intentioned then maybe you should stop reading them and go back to the closed Jims forum where you can all pat each other on the back and say how much better you are than the indy's and of cause nobody disputes this as i imagine no-one is even game to say something that could in anyway be taken as being against Jims

ian
29-06-2012, 09:09 PM
But saying all that maybe there could be a division of "Jim's Tools":bike:
isn't it already a sub division of Jims mowing

ian
29-06-2012, 09:10 PM
apologies to the Jims guys for the last post but i couldn't resist :)

Classic Cut
29-06-2012, 09:17 PM
Classic Cut maybe you should re-read your post and lighten up yourself. My statement was made in jest and blind Freddy could see that. :)

as for who made me boss no-one I'm not it was simply a suggestion that if you don't like what you read on the Indy forum and want to imagine insults where none were intentioned then maybe you should stop reading them and go back to the closed Jims forum where you can all pat each other on the back and say how much better you are than the indy's and of cause nobody disputes this as i imagine no-one is even game to say something that could in anyway be taken as being against Jims

Now that's what I wanted Ian, direct your replies to me and not all Jim's in general. Why get so personal, what do you have an issue with? From the way I read it you have taken offence to me stating "stop the in-fighting". Sorry if that has offended you.

I'm ready to move on now. Next!

4 Gardens
29-06-2012, 09:19 PM
Being a Canberra based Indy that regularly travels on the road in question, if you look at the road closely it is painted green in the cycle path. The ACT government has spent thousands doing this where cycle lanes and cars are likely to meet - it is an zone to be aware/give way to cyclists, of which we have many in canberra.

The road in question is pretty crappy reduced to one lane at the moment. Looks like the mowing guys was in a hurry and should have actually given way to the cyclist. In saying that I think the outcome was pretty lucky for all concerned.

courty
29-06-2012, 09:20 PM
blah blah bla bla blah blah blah blah
This crap is getting old fast

Classic Cut
29-06-2012, 09:25 PM
+ 1 Courty..................

South East Mowing
29-06-2012, 09:25 PM
Cheers blind Freddy.

Well join the club! Apparently I am "one eyed" so close!

geoff
29-06-2012, 09:52 PM
well johnny one eyed or not the pies are enjoying a good season to my dislike heheheh

PaulG
29-06-2012, 09:57 PM
Mmmmmm popcorn.

geoff
29-06-2012, 10:03 PM
now thats a good idea..think i will put some on...pop pop pop mmmmmmm more beer and popcorn

PaulG
29-06-2012, 10:55 PM
I tried to find some with Indies in them to balance the discussion. Honestly I did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrc8miIoE_c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=s2MO2U5KcFI

courty
29-06-2012, 11:27 PM
blah blah bla bla blah blah blah blah
This crap is getting old fast

+ 1 Courty..................

Classic
It was more aimed at jimboes crying foul every time they get mentioned here and then the Indies falling for the troll.
Jo wasn't trolling with the thread but this is what it turns into.
There used to be a flood of good info passed along on here but over the last few months it has been drier than an old arabs fart.
I have nothing against franchise's,will say g'day and have a chat to all but I tend to agree with others on here who want the franchise's turfed out(tough to police I know) but the only time they stick their heads up is when they think they are being slighted(not all but most).

To those who are indies but not members,pony up the dough and join,3 average cuts and your a member for life.

ian
29-06-2012, 11:37 PM
stuff the 1st 3 cuts most people will save it on the 1st years years insurance. oops sorry i forgot most indies put insurance in the same basket as GST,income tax, super and OH&s totally optional so therefore no savings :laughing:

courty
29-06-2012, 11:49 PM
stuff the 1st 3 cuts most people will save it on the 1st years years insurance. oops sorry i forgot most indies put insurance in the same basket as GST,income tax, super and OH&s totally optional so therefore no savings :laughing:

hahaha ya tosser but your spot on.

PaulG
29-06-2012, 11:56 PM
There used to be a flood of good info passed along on here but over the last few months it has been drier than an old arabs fart.

This, I really agree with.

ian
30-06-2012, 12:33 AM
all i can say is well come on Guys stop complaining and start posting :laughing:

Fred's mowing
30-06-2012, 12:13 PM
Classic
It was more aimed at jimboes crying foul every time they get mentioned here and then the Indies falling for the troll.
Jo wasn't trolling with the thread but this is what it turns into.
I have nothing against franchise's,will say g'day and have a chat to all but I tend to agree with others on here who want the franchise's turfed out(tough to police I know) but the only time they stick their heads up is when they think they are being slighted(not all but most).

To those who are indies but not members,pony up the dough and join,3 average cuts and your a member for life.

Top post Courty, dont want them booted, just a hgher percentage of more posative less defensive contributions.
You guys would be a wealth of knowledge but,OVERALL u dont let much go!
By the way, the banter does NOT stop here:chewie:laughing:
Cheers Fred.

Andy B
30-06-2012, 03:42 PM
If only it was titled "Franchise fees putting lives at risk!" then show all the youtube footage of jims trailers wiping out cyclists, Jim could become the new Steve (the drunk ride on mower guy in the states). We'd all laugh and the councils would start putting up signs for cyclist to beware of green trailers...

C'mon get over yourselves jimbo's go play on your own forum so we can get back to trash talking you on a more regular basis without 5 or 10 of you jumping in. After all it is an independent mowing contractors forum and you're not an independent contractor you're a green and yellow trailer pulling, same uniform wearing product of a sausage factory with someone else's name written all over you (probably even tattooed on your ar5se).

luketud
30-06-2012, 04:02 PM
If only it was titled "Franchise fees putting lives at risk!" then show all the youtube footage of jims trailers wiping out cyclists, Jim could become the new Steve (the drunk ride on mower guy in the states). We'd all laugh and the councils would start putting up signs for cyclist to beware of green trailers...

C'mon get over yourselves jimbo's go play on your own forum so we can get back to trash talking you on a more regular basis without 5 or 10 of you jumping in. After all it is an independent mowing contractors forum and you're not an independent contractor you're a green and yellow trailer pulling, same uniform wearing product of a sausage factory with someone else's name written all over you (probably even tattooed on your ar5se).

HAHAHAHA well i think that will stir the pot Andy B

PhilG
30-06-2012, 05:35 PM

Good onya Andy.....everyone else was probably thinking that.

Classic Cut
30-06-2012, 06:00 PM

Don't let a Jim on here stop you from talking trash. After all you are on a public accessible forum that anyone, including our customers can read. Go right ahead.

South East Mowing
30-06-2012, 06:06 PM

Young fella usually doesn't say much, but when he does well:no pity

geoff
30-06-2012, 06:47 PM
well said andrew...dont worry, dont think your customers would mind anyway:laughing::laughing:

Andy B
01-07-2012, 10:20 AM
well said andrew...dont worry, dont think your customers would mind anyway:laughing::laughing:

Most of my customers are ex jims customers, that complain about having their plants butchered, being bought and sold and not knowing when they are going to turn up and cutting the grass how they like to cut it not how the customer wanted it cut. Seriously. Don't get me wrong but bad franchisees are easy pickings for an independent. Good ones are too busy to worry about loss of clients and why would they clients are just a marketing and numbers game to them...

Have you noticed that most jims don't wave back to the lawnie wave, they don't identify with other lawnies out on the road or maybe they just drive with their blinkers on cause they are so focused on getting to the next job before some one better and cheaper steals it...

PhilG
01-07-2012, 10:55 AM
Most of my customers are ex jims customers, that complain about having their plants butchered, being bought and sold and not knowing when they are going to turn up and cutting the grass how they like to cut it not how the customer wanted it cut. Seriously. Don't get me wrong but bad franchisees are easy pickings for an independent. Good ones are too busy to worry about loss of clients and why would they clients are just a marketing and numbers game to them...

Have you noticed that most jims don't wave back to the lawnie wave, they don't identify with other lawnies out on the road or maybe they just drive with their blinkers on cause they are so focused on getting to the next job before some one better and cheaper steals it...

I too love franchises..............mind you most of our customers are ex Jims and ex cr@p indys. Doesn't matter what banner you come under cr@p is cr@p whether you are an indy or a franchise.

Lockie
01-07-2012, 11:47 AM
Sorry i dont wave Andy, but im too busy tryin to find cyclists to run off the road mate!!

Just like u i love franchisees doin a bad job just the same with indie jobs i've taken over for all the reasons you've mentioned. As Paul said $hit is $hit from any banner and there is a lot of $hit out there!!
Love my clients, love the fact they pay me what i want to work in their gardens, if thats a numbers game then i love playing it!!

Anyway i'll give u a shout out if i see ya. That is if im not too busy robbing a granny or strangling a kitten.
I'll get back in me box now, sorry for replying if ur offended.
:dance :spam in a can

Benny1
01-07-2012, 11:50 AM
dont you just love it how the slightest thing become a fight between indy vs jim...

even bad publicity is still good publicity as long as it gets the name out.

when it comes to cyclists, i think that if they wish to share the road then they should pay some type of rego or tax for the right to share the road.

Mrs HMS
01-07-2012, 12:08 PM
when it comes to cyclists, i think that if they wish to share the road then they should pay some type of rego or tax for the right to share the road.

I tend to agree with you there Benny. Most cyclists are good and abide by the road rules but there are some out there who think the priority of vehicles on the road starts with them, road rules don't apply and every motorist is a mortal enemy and they are 10 foot tall and bulletproof. I've had one punch my window..apparently I should have seen him, behind me on the left after he came out of a side street I'd already passed and there was no bike lane and I'd had my left hand indicator on for at least 15 clicks. '

I've seen them run red lights and abuse the motorists who almost hit them whilst travelling perfectly legally and safely.

Many a morning I am stuck behind a pack that move to the very front of a lane at a red light and we all have to wait whilst the 10 of them slowly take off.

Pay a rego and you get equal rights on the road. Until you do keep out of the way and go back to single file in the left.

NLALM
01-07-2012, 01:06 PM
This stuff about good work and bad is funny I didn't want to comment on a thread about jims guys cause I really don't care . But how do you know you are doing a good or a bad job? I ask this because I see guys around who think they are joe cool doing lawns with their heads up their own ass, and some of em have no idea. One classic example is a guy who does one next door to one I do he is an older guy who has his wife help him they work twice as hard doing this lawn as whats needed and over the past 6 months have totally destroyed the edges he thinks he is doing a mighty job, I tell you what if he did that to my house I would be spewing , oh yeah he is an indy but I have seen just as bad from franchises I actually rang jims once about a guy that did the place next to mine no kidding he didn't know what he was doing ,I offered to help train them because it was obvious he hadn't been shown, I got no reply. Some guys think they can become instant pros buy a green trailer and you are an expert. it takes a little longer than that, but can be made much easier with advice from guys on the forum.There is a lot of guys on here with over 20 years in the game that is a lot of mowing under their belt, My attitude towards this is that you can learn something from everyone you need to be able to take onboard what people are saying and tweak things to suit your business And Andy its not just your area where Jimmy doesent wave, for some reason it happens here too

Andy B
01-07-2012, 01:51 PM
Sorry i dont wave Andy, but im too busy tryin to find cyclists to run off the road mate!!

Just like u i love franchisees doin a bad job just the same with indie jobs i've taken over for all the reasons you've mentioned. As Paul said $hit is $hit from any banner and there is a lot of $hit out there!!
Love my clients, love the fact they pay me what i want to work in their gardens, if thats a numbers game then i love playing it!!

Anyway i'll give u a shout out if i see ya. That is if im not too busy robbing a granny or strangling a kitten.
I'll get back in me box now, sorry for replying if ur offended.
:dance :spam in a can

Good one Lockie, love a good sense of humour! Now look out and drive carefully so I can cut you off to get a middle fingered wave out of you.

Andy B
01-07-2012, 01:53 PM
Maybe our official wave should be the middle finger, then those who have a sense of humor will laugh and those that won't will get their knickers in a knot and make us laugh?

Lockie
01-07-2012, 02:00 PM
Maybe our official wave should be the middle finger, then those who have a sense of humor will laugh and those that won't will get their knickers in a knot and make us laugh?
Sounds like a plan!!

Lockie
01-07-2012, 02:16 PM
First Indie i see tomorrow i'll flip em the finger..........................i'll let ya know how it went!!

Classic Cut
01-07-2012, 05:38 PM
Just for you Indy's.........

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd98/rgmast/finger.jpg

AJD Mowing
01-07-2012, 09:19 PM
Just for you Indy's.........

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd98/rgmast/finger.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mevxenJ6Mtc

simo
02-07-2012, 08:25 AM
Soon there will be a show on tv called "Lawnie wars" with lawnmower gangs
I guess it`ll happen in America first...:p

AJD Mowing
02-07-2012, 12:40 PM
Yep and little kids will want to copy with games like Cowboys and Indies.. :smileydevil

Classic Cut
02-07-2012, 06:03 PM
Yep and little kids will want to copy with games like Cowboys and Indies.. :smileydevil

That would be a civil war because we all know cowboys and indies are one and the same. ;)

Lawn Mowing Professionals
02-07-2012, 06:57 PM
That would be a civil war because we all know cowboys and indies are one and the same. ;)

oooooooohhhhh :m fight

Simmo.

AJD Mowing
02-07-2012, 08:01 PM

I think your thinking of Cowboys and Jimbians :dance

South East Mowing
02-07-2012, 08:16 PM

:magic How many points for a cowboy?:tomcat

m287j
02-07-2012, 09:03 PM
Andy, you're an absolute classic with your downright honesty. Shame i'm not still living in Melb at Ringwood North, you'd be a great mate to have.

Andy B
03-07-2012, 08:00 PM
Andy, you're an absolute classic with your downright honesty. Shame i'm not still living in Melb at Ringwood North, you'd be a great mate to have.

I'm humbled, thank you. Next year you'll have to get a ticket back here for the Autumn BBQ