PDA

View Full Version : bandicoots

Redeye
29-08-2012, 02:49 PM
been trapping bandy's for a client, caught it the other night and released it the next morning out in the bush. They are digging up her lawn feeding on curl grubs, which I also sprayed for - cute little buggers
http://s1118.photobucket.com/albums/k604/redeye1964/bandicoot/?action=view&current=MOV009.mp4

Greenie
29-08-2012, 03:08 PM
wow. cant say i have ever seen one of these in the wild before:) nice catch:)

edbeek
29-08-2012, 05:33 PM
I have heaps of them here.
They had a ball with my vege garden last year. The score on the pumpkins was about 50 for the bandicoots/wallabies and 1 for me. They left me most of the cherry tomatoes, but I never got a taste of any of the big heritage types.
I don't mind sharing but they don't understand that concept.
They are always digging holes around trees and shrubs.

Cute little critters though. :)

Fred's mowing
29-08-2012, 05:44 PM
Do u do possums?
How much 4 a coot?:D
Cheers Fred.

courty
29-08-2012, 05:51 PM
Do u do possums?
How much 4 a coot?:D
Cheers Fred.

would need a bigger cage for some of the old coot's around here:cool:

Fred's mowing
29-08-2012, 06:31 PM
would need a bigger cage for some of the old coot's around here:cool:

C,mon Courty, thats just uncoot!:p
Cheers Fred.

sharpie
29-08-2012, 06:56 PM
I have heaps here on Brisbanes bay side and the other problem with them is they are the main carrier of the parallasis tick. I just lost the most beautifull, loyal, natural born guard dog I have ever owned, a two year old Maremma sheep dog to a parallasis tick, the $600 of anti venom that the vet pumped into the poor guy didn't help either.

Sharpie.

NLALM
29-08-2012, 07:08 PM
Redeye have you been watching turtle man, we got live action right here

Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden
29-08-2012, 07:36 PM
Whats the legalities on this as i know some animals trapping them een if humainly unless your licened you can end up in the poo.

Redeye
29-08-2012, 07:48 PM
Sharpie, the owner has dogs so ticks was her primary concern. Ticks were unknown here until the late 80's when bandicoots were released by NP&WS, 2 years later while doing contract bush regen/weed control for council we were covered in them every day to the point, some days you'd stop counting after morning smoko. I got a tolerance fairly quick but another contractor would blow up - we should have bought shares in Rid back then!

edit - TLLG, not sure of the legal side of things

PaulG
29-08-2012, 07:53 PM
I have heaps here on Brisbanes bay side and the other problem with them is they are the main carrier of the parallasis tick. I just lost the most beautifull, loyal, natural born guard dog I have ever owned, a two year old Maremma sheep dog to a parallasis tick, the $600 of anti venom that the vet pumped into the poor guy didn't help either.

Sharpie.

Lost our Kelpie to Paralysis Tick last Christmas too. Heartbreaking.

sharpie
29-08-2012, 09:27 PM
If anyone is interested they don't like the smell of chook **** and apparently move on, spent an hour and a half speading dynamic lifter over an acre of back yard on the weekend so I hope the interweb thingi is correct, it took another half hour to get the smell of my hands.
Sharpie.

Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden
29-08-2012, 09:43 PM
Sharpie, the owner has dogs so ticks was her primary concern. Ticks were unknown here until the late 80's when bandicoots were released by NP&WS, 2 years later while doing contract bush regen/weed control for council we were covered in them every day to the point, some days you'd stop counting after morning smoko. I got a tolerance fairly quick but another contractor would blow up - we should have bought shares in Rid back then!

edit - TLLG, not sure of the legal side of things

I thought they where a native thng also whats np&ws

Redeye
30-08-2012, 03:57 PM
national parks and wildlife service

PaulG
31-08-2012, 10:15 PM
Wrong topic

14 14 14