PDA

View Full Version : How do i make you a regular!!!

lemonhead
25-09-2012, 06:39 PM
Went to do a quote today and got the job,but stumbled around the essential part when you try to get regular work with the client....I was clumsy..was just wondering if anyone has a good smooth line for this KEY part of the sales pitch.....an almost seemless transistion into regular work with the client if you get my drift.......thanks....daz...

Stump
25-09-2012, 06:57 PM
"Are you interested in being serviced regulary? along with ALL of our other customers in the area? We are in the area every ----weeks, and it would cost you ------- for front and back,......and only -----extra to include taking care of all the weeds in your garden beds each cycle.

Always initiate talk about the mowing frequency and give them one or two choices (which rarley include monthly, which is almost every customers first suggestion if you let them make one.

Fred's mowing
25-09-2012, 07:01 PM
Read the book Newsell by Edward De bono.
Dont try to close the sale, make them want to close the sale.
Inspire them with your enthusiasum & knowledge.
Again, make them want to close the sale.
Cheers Fred.

Stump
25-09-2012, 07:24 PM
If you have done a great job on the initial clean up, your work will sell itself and make it easy to ask if they are interested.

ian
25-09-2012, 07:51 PM
at this time of the year accept 3 weekly mows only if you're desperate you will be surprised at how fast the lawns grow now.
Saying this i did tell 2 clients i would be back in 3 weeks and another 1 i said 4 weeks :laughing: the rest were all changed to fortnightly from today, the 4 weekly is one of those annoying lawns where the small front lawn will be 1/2 way to my knees,the nature strip will be about 75mm and the reasonably sized backyard could probably last another 4 weeks :)
But i tell most people that i won't even bother quoting unless i have the option of 2weekly mowing in the growing season

geoff1969
25-09-2012, 08:07 PM
Went to do a quote today and got the job,but stumbled around the essential part when you try to get regular work with the client....I was clumsy..was just wondering if anyone has a good smooth line for this KEY part of the sales pitch.....an almost seemless transistion into regular work with the client if you get my drift.......thanks....daz...

just give them your price etc .. tell them thats the price to clean it all up and get it looking good , and thats a price also listed there for fortnightly visits to keep it looking its best , and that on going price will leave them care free of it all ......

lemonhead
26-09-2012, 05:41 PM
THANKS EVERYONE.....i reckon this is the most important time of the whole relationship with the client....the quote and close........daz thanks again

imoww
26-09-2012, 05:56 PM
Like Simo said. Get them to close the deal with no pressure.
I usually say, Here's my card. Give us a call any time you like. Im in this area every 2 weeks mowing lawns and *garden maintinence.( *Especially if their garden needs weeding)
Also chat to the customer on what you do for other clients. i.e. today, my trailer was full of eucalyptus mulch for a job when i was mowing someone else's lawn. He asked about the mulch ....now he's booked himself in for his gardens to be mulched...

HPM
26-09-2012, 07:52 PM
After getting the accepted quote I go ahead and do the job.
Then when jobs finished and I go to collect payment I trade the money for my business card with the next mow written on the back.
If they have a problem with the next date then let the negotiations begin....but most don't.

Kathryn
26-09-2012, 10:34 PM
I ask them if its one off or a regular service They are after. Then I sell them the idea that putting them onto a schedule takes all the hassle of them having to call me for each mow. Electronic payment and invoices emailed if necessary can help convince them too.
Its hard working out how to phrase things at first. A year ago I was wondering how to convince customers to go onto a scheduled mow but now its easy.give it time and you will get your patter sorted

Jippo
26-09-2012, 10:41 PM
practise makes perfect