PDA

View Full Version : Moto GP 2012

Andy B
28-09-2012, 05:10 PM
Hi All,

Just wondering and seeking some insider info from people who have gone to races on Philip Island. We're planning on heading down for the Sunday this year, but have never been before.

What's a good time to aim to be there, where are the good viewing spots and tips for must see during the day?

And what about parking and getting out of there at the end of the day is it a full on traffic jam?

Thanks in advance.

edbeek
28-09-2012, 07:32 PM
Can't help you with any info Andy, but I'm officially envious of you.
Just to see Mick Doohan doing laps on a modern MotoGp bike would be great.
Casey Stoner will be back from injury and hopefully have a good go at scoring his 6th Phillip Island in a row before retiring.

ian
28-09-2012, 10:24 PM
i haven't been but i believe the traffic's not much worse than the Monash in peak hour if a truck has overturned and blocked 2 lanes :laughing:

Andy B
28-09-2012, 11:07 PM
Yeah Casey Stoners last year unless he's pulls a Whispering Jack... Allan Langer... Mohammed Ali and many many more of the greats. :)

Ian, at least if that happens up this end I can exit and still find my way to the next job but south of Fern Tree Gully Road I'm pretty much lost. :D

RSM-Gazza
29-09-2012, 09:03 AM
Sorry as well Andy, as I can't pass any info on either.

The weekend prior we go to the Mt Kosciuszko "Geehi Rally" conducted by Canberra BMW Motorcycle Club. Then take a couple of further days off to do two 600K rides each day around the alps.
Come back to a back log of customers from that trip and then to go the GP is too hard with scheduling as a lawnie in the peak of season for me.

Contact a local Touring Club down your way if no help comes via forums and have fun & safe trip.

ian
29-09-2012, 02:24 PM
it's normally about a 2 hour drive from your place and the gates open at 8.00 so i would say leave at about 4.00 so you can get in by 12.00 :laughing: