PDA

View Full Version : Dispensers for 20 L glypho container.

Leon241
18-10-2012, 09:05 AM
Hi all,

I just got 20L of glypho 360 ($99! beats buying from bunnings!) from a local agricultural supplies place. The only problem I now have is how to get it easily and cleanly into smaller containers for everyday use? Can you buy a pump pack nozzle or similar so I don't waste half of it on the ground?

Maybe I could ask where I bought the spray from?

PaulG
18-10-2012, 11:15 AM
Thanks for reminding me! I've struggled along poring from the 20 litre to a large jug then to a smaller container to carry in the vehicle.

I have a similar pump to this that I used to use to do diff & gearbox oil on my 4WD.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/20-LITRE-OIL-DRUM-PUMP-/261114547207?pt=AU_Hand_Tools&hash=item3ccba3cc07

If you talk to your ag supplies or local autoparts store ask for a tom-thumb pump or 20 litre drum pump.

PaulG
18-10-2012, 12:11 PM
It's a shame the plastic drums aren't threaded at the bottom so a tap can simply be screwed in after piercing the container. Those plastic taps are less than $5.

seliment
18-10-2012, 12:24 PM
What sort of 20l container is it -
the 'square' plastic drum
or
flexible heavy plastic bag in cardboard box?

For the first you can get a cap with a fitted plastic tap that screws on in place of the normal cap.
For the second -- not sure what's avail as it is a much bigger diam cap.

In any case, ask at your Ag chem supplier such as Landmark, Muirs etc & I am sure they will have something for dispensing from the bulk container.

Joe.

seliment
18-10-2012, 08:21 PM
For the first you can get a cap with a fitted plastic tap that screws on in place of the normal cap.
For the second -- not sure what's avail as it is a much bigger diam cap.

Checked this afternoon and both types of containers use interchangeable lids ....
So should be no problem buying a lid with unbuilt tap (uses a tap. Like screws into side of oil drums etc, but has added feature of an air feed in tube to let air into drum as contents come out).
Bought mine at Muirs.
Joe

Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden
18-10-2012, 09:37 PM
Mine has a thread for a plastic tap but i just pour it in with a funnell.

ian
18-10-2012, 10:02 PM
i brought a plastic tap from bunnings and screwed it into the tap fitting on my 20lt plastic drums
or try one of these http://www.bunnings.com.au/products_product_briggs-stratton-oil-removal-kit-sp00001_39579.aspx?search=oil+pump&page=2

Mick
18-10-2012, 11:12 PM
I just use a funnel and stop pouring before it over flows!

PaulG
18-10-2012, 11:36 PM
These look good and might stop the splashback you get when trying to pour a near-full container.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Drum-pourer-set-Includes-pourers-suit-metal-standard-cubes-oversize-drum-/221046240355?pt=AU_Business_Industrial_Farming_Agr iculture_Farming_Agriculture_Equipment&hash=item337761f463

RSM-Gazza
27-10-2012, 08:10 PM
Hi all,

I just got 20L of glypho 360 ($99! beats buying from bunnings!) from a local agricultural supplies place. The only problem I now have is how to get it easily and cleanly into smaller containers for everyday use? Can you buy a pump pack nozzle or similar so I don't waste half of it on the ground?

Maybe I could ask where I bought the spray from?

Our local Ag Store has the EOF sales in the last week of June each year with NuFarm glypho 450 20ltr at $75. Thats when I buy to ensure I have two containers to last till the next EOF sale. Worth checking to see if your AG dealer does similar.
Yep, me too has wished they had tap ability.
I just carefullllly tip it into a measuring cup container and then transfer it into 2 X 1Ltr bunnings type glypho containers to carry in the mower trailer. And dah yes a copy of the manufacture's label attached to those smaller containers and a MSD in my Chem Folder.

Yep I do spill a wee little bit too when I'm on the hurry.