PDA

View Full Version : Are these Yucca trees?

ma1green
18-10-2012, 09:42 PM
Sorry for the dumb questions, but the owner doesn't know. When I said they look like Yucca she gave me a daft look lol.5616
How easy are they to remove? And do I need council approval?

Also although these are everywhere i don't know what they are called.5617

And the last one, not the ivy the stuff in the rockery.5618

Cheers
Martin

PaulG
18-10-2012, 09:53 PM
First pic is Yukka sp

Second pic is Agave attenuata

Third pic - left corner of pic looks like Dianella sp, right corner of pic looks like Spear (Gymea) Lily

ma1green
19-10-2012, 07:30 AM
That's great guys, would i need council approval to remove those trees. They are pushing onto the ceiling and are going to cause a lot of damage.

Also there are some fully grown ones at the front of the property she wants removed, but i think I'll leave those to the big boys lol.

ma1green
19-10-2012, 07:30 AM
That's great guys, would i need council approval to remove those trees. They are pushing onto the ceiling and are going to cause a lot of damage.

Also there are some fully grown ones at the front of the property she wants removed, but i think I'll leave those to the big boys lol.

Kathryn
19-10-2012, 07:34 AM
take care with the sap on the yucca. i cut out an old plant the otherday and spent the next week with an itchy rash up my arms.a fortnight on i can still see the marks.

Fred's mowing
19-10-2012, 06:37 PM
The grey plant in the middle is wormwood (Artimsia) if thats the one you mean.
Im not sure of your municipalities rules but u could always check re trees.
I dont think u'd have a prob with the Yuccas as Yucca's r technically a monocot, therefor a grass, if u want to argue the point;dealers;
Cheers Fred.

Cranbourne Lawnmowing
19-10-2012, 10:11 PM
any council that would have a problem with yucca's being removed would only be proving they are a bunch of money grubbing thieves. They are a dime a dozen and get to that size in no time. Btw did I say I think they should be listed as a noxious weed and the ends of the leaves are dangerous, especially to young kids eyes.