PDA

View Full Version : Hi to all, this forum is great.

gtlawnandgarden
30-10-2012, 01:27 PM
Just joined and wanted to say hi and thanks for having me. My name is Matt and I am from Mt Gambier and Portland.

I started my business in August and things have been good so far. This forum has been a great source of advice for me during this initial building period and I'm sure it will continue to help.

So basically, thanks heaps to those who contribute and I hope I can do the same.

Redeye
30-10-2012, 01:34 PM
:welcome

fourteen

Neil&family
30-10-2012, 03:24 PM
Welcome to the forum bloke. And what is it with this 141414 or fourteen everywhere?

Kathryn
30-10-2012, 04:09 PM
welcome to the forum. all the best with making a go of your business

neil. the 14141 make up the necessary 14 characters when you just want to post a very short message . like "duh 14141414":russ:

Stump
30-10-2012, 05:20 PM
Ahh ....Top place Portland. lived there for 8 years. Miss the fishing and people. Welcome to the forum.

Neil&family
30-10-2012, 05:24 PM
neil. the 14141 make up the necessary 14 characters when you just want to post a very short message . like "duh 14141414":russ:

Oh

gtlawnandgarden
30-10-2012, 06:09 PM
Thanks for the kind words people.

Portland Is quite nice, we have only been here a few months and am looking forward to some nice weather. Everything is growing fast here which is good.

Most of my work is in Mount Gambier at the moment though.

Hey, how do I get the password for the members area?

ian
30-10-2012, 06:36 PM
:welcome :newbie

Stump
30-10-2012, 06:47 PM

Portland Is quite nice, we have only been here a few months and am looking forward to some nice weather. Everything is growing fast here which is good.

The best advice I can give you about the area that you are in is "knowing people" is very important. Get involved in every local organisation that you can. They are sports mad down there, so if you are young enough and able, get involved.

regester64
30-10-2012, 08:01 PM

Hi GT I was living in Portland ( 7 years ) 5 Years ago and now in Hervey Bay Qld. Had a sub Contract with the council in the HACC service and some privates Lived on Argo,s Rd off bridgewater rd keep in touch love to hear what's happening there

gtlawnandgarden
30-10-2012, 08:31 PM
Hi GT I was living in Portland ( 7 years ) 5 Years ago and now in Hervey Bay Qld. Had a sub Contract with the council in the HACC service and some privates Lived on Argo,s Rd off bridgewater rd keep in touch love to hear what's happening there

No problem, will do. The elderly lady next door was telling me to go see the council as they are looking for people at this time of year.

What is the go with that, she said she pays $12 for her lawn to get mowed, does the council cover the rest or something?

gtlawnandgarden
30-10-2012, 08:36 PM
The best advice I can give you about the area that you are in is "knowing people" is very important. Get involved in every local organisation that you can. They are sports mad down there, so if you are young enough and able, get involved.

Yeah, they sure are. I'm looking at a couple of clubs at the moment. I'm into other sports but am worried about injuries costing me time off.

I'm starting to get to know people through one of my regular jobs which is good.

Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden
30-10-2012, 10:12 PM
This forum is good and a great source oof knowledge i dont get on here as much as i used to as im trying to stay away from the computer but it is good if you need to know things.

gtlawnandgarden
30-10-2012, 10:37 PM
This forum is good and a great source oof knowledge i dont get on here as much as i used to as im trying to stay away from the computer but it is good if you need to know things.

It's a great source of comedy too. I'm often cracking up while reading posts on here.

Dazz1
11-11-2012, 04:13 PM
All the best Matt:wave-hi:

GardenGuy
13-11-2012, 06:10 PM
Welcome to the forum, the madhouse and all.

Best wishes for every success.

Cheers - GardenGuy.