PDA

View Full Version : firefox/chrome

Redeye
07-11-2012, 10:57 AM
I've just had to install chrome (again) after firefox developing major problems - pages not loading at all or loading with only print down the left side on a blank page. Mozilla support page shows no fix...was really happy with f/fox too:sad:

will uninstall and download again but reading others' posts about this issue, I'm not expecting much

Blaktop
07-11-2012, 03:35 PM
Been using it for years with very few problems. You could try a previous build. Did you just get an update that caused the problems?

http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/install-older-version-of-firefox

fairdinkum
07-11-2012, 04:13 PM
I was using firefox for years but started having major browsing issues. Changed to chrome a while back. Really good browser!! I don't think there's anything better at the moment.

Blaktop
07-11-2012, 04:39 PM
There is only a couple of things holding me back from Chrome.....one is I like to have my bookmarks displayed down the left hand side of the screen.....and so far I haven't discovered a way to do it in Chrome. I hate having to click on something to open my bookmarks. Another is I like to have my tabs directly above the open page, not right at the top of the window....ie under the bookmarks bar. I think you can do that but until I can have the first thing I'm not even going to try looking for the second.

edbeek
07-11-2012, 04:55 PM
Does Chrome have anything that's equivalent to Firefox's 'NoScript', 'FlashBlock' and 'Adblock'?

I've had Chrome installed for a while, but prefer not to get all the ads and popups on web pages, so I always end up back using Firefox.