10-11-2012, 10:52 AM
and how do i get rid of it???

Fred's mowing
10-11-2012, 01:21 PM
Citrus bug, yates folimat.
Cheers Fred.

Wombat Garden Services
10-11-2012, 01:33 PM
Looks like bronze orange bugs (juvenile ones) they can spray you with some irritating liquid so wear glasses

PaulG
10-11-2012, 03:20 PM
Bucket of soapy water and a stick. If there's not to many knock them off into the bucket!

Redeye
10-11-2012, 03:45 PM
you can also use a vacuum cleaner if so inclined, though confidor/folimat is my preferred option!

GardenGuy
13-11-2012, 06:14 PM
Soapy water spray (Morning Fresh, 50 ml / 10 litres), wait one or two hours, hose off heavily, and as Redeye said, follow up with Confidor etc.

There are some add-on services you could consider to improve the result from "it works" to "oh wow". I'm sure you already know.

Cheers - GardenGuy.

ian
13-11-2012, 10:00 PM
you probably shouldn't use confidor if the plant is in flower or bud as i don't believe there is a safe withholding period listed in the directions of use or msds

PaulG
14-11-2012, 01:34 AM
I won't touch Confidor. It kills bees and they are our most important pollinators.

Redeye
14-11-2012, 05:43 AM
you're right, just looked and its not listed for citrus - my bad :whipit

DavidS
23-11-2012, 07:19 PM
5739Okay people what bug is this, it attacks light coloured roses plus other flowering shrubs with light coloured flowers. They seem to be coming from further west, they are also breeding like mad, we have thousands here now. Not all gardens have them. The poor rose just falls apart when touched, has a heap of bugs in them, which just fly off to another plant. None of the Nurseries out here know what they are and they aren't in my " What Garden Pest or Disease Is That " book. I have searched online, can't find them. They are about 5mm long.

Thanks David

Cranbourne Lawnmowing
27-11-2012, 08:32 PM
5739Okay people what bug is this, it attacks light coloured roses plus other flowering shrubs with light coloured flowers. They seem to be coming from further west, they are also breeding like mad, we have thousands here now. Not all gardens have them. The poor rose just falls apart when touched, has a heap of bugs in them, which just fly off to another plant. None of the Nurseries out here know what they are and they aren't in my " What Garden Pest or Disease Is That " book. I have searched online, can't find them. They are about 5mm long.

Thanks David

I believe this is the culprit http://www.brisbaneinsects.com/brisbane_leafbeetles/SmallBrownBlackLeafBeetle.htm

Seems strange though. They are from the brisbane area from what I can find