PDA

View Full Version : Stupid questions i know but........

lemonhead
08-12-2012, 04:38 PM
SILLY THINGS REALLY..1.but when youve wh/snipped,mowed then blown and everything looks smchik...you drive away and can see in the rear view mirror on the road loads of grass clippings that have been sitting undetected under the car...I suppose theirs no magic tricks here,you have to stop up the street and go back with a broom dont you??.2.....Does anyone take a second mower with them for low grade lawns(you know were their is a load of rubbish on the lawn,sticks twigs etc,you know a battered old lawn mower rather than use your god one which seems to take a terrible hiding on these rough lawns....3. Cartage of tan bark/ mulch....a lot of the beds in peoples gardens need mulch/tan bark...ive suggested this to some clients and they have shown interest,is it worth it,any experiences..4. cloth catcher or plastic catcher...im finding the cloth catcher allows the mower to breathe easier and it seems to hold more,just a little harder to empty...any preferences out their......O.K thats enough...just idle musings whilst i was working the other day....but the only question you dont ask is the stupid one(it goes something like that anyway)......DAZA...

ian
08-12-2012, 05:18 PM
1: park next door or try to blow under your car and trailer
2: Yes
3:Yes make sure you price it well
4: only have plastic except on the proscape and preferred the plastic the few times i have used the catcher on the proscape easier to empty but really i prefer to mulch and hate using any catcher

courty
08-12-2012, 05:48 PM
Ian has summed it all up
Just had to say what a pharking pita the catcher on a 216M2 is to empty after using plastic ones for so long

Kathryn
08-12-2012, 06:10 PM
A stupid question is a question not asked.
The fabric catchers might be hard to empty but they also make it easy to know if the shute is blocked or the catcher is full

GrowCutMow
08-12-2012, 06:51 PM
A stupid question is a question not asked.
The fabric catchers might be hard to empty but they also make it easy to know if the shute is blocked or the catcher is full
I agree Kathryn, I'm starting to get holes in my fabric catches though.

PaulG
08-12-2012, 08:44 PM
Don't buy the cheap fabric catchers from eBay (in case anyone was going to.) If you think the genuine Honda fabric catchers are bad ( they're actually pretty good) the aftermarket ones are woeful. They breathe well but wear out very quickly. $35 vs $90 but you do get more than 3 times as long from the genuine ones.

Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden
08-12-2012, 08:53 PM
I agree wih ian n everything except I prefer fabric ones to plastic much easier to pu somewhere in your rig and as kahryn menioned easier to see if shoot is blocked but i prefer to mulch. Mulching is much better for the lawns and enviroment and reduce the need to water. I tell all my cusomers so.

Lawn Mowing Professionals
08-12-2012, 09:01 PM
I agree wih ian n everything except I prefer fabric ones to plastic much easier to pu somewhere in your rig and as kahryn menioned easier to see if shoot is blocked but i prefer to mulch. Mulching is much better for the lawns and enviroment and reduce the need to water. I tell all my cusomers so.

That's why Rover has a plastic catcher... they never get blocked :laughing:

I also prefer to mulch as i don't need to take clipping to the tip...

Most customers don't care around here... has anyone ever asked you for proof regarding better for the environment and reduction of water required? And Is it really true... just curious?

Simmo.

PhilG
09-12-2012, 06:22 AM
SILLY THINGS REALLY..1.but when youve wh/snipped,mowed then blown and everything looks smchik...you drive away and can see in the rear view mirror on the road loads of grass clippings that have been sitting undetected under the car...I suppose theirs no magic tricks here,you have to stop up the street and go back with a broom dont you??.......DAZA...

Broom???????????????

ian
09-12-2012, 09:39 AM

Most customers don't care around here... has anyone ever asked you for proof regarding better for the environment and reduction of water required? And Is it really true... just curious?

Simmo.

http://lawncaretips.blogspot.com.au/2005/03/benefits-of-mulch-mowing.html
http://www.derm.qld.gov.au/waterwise/gardening/pdf/maintaining_your_lawn.pdf (page 2)

Further to my 1st post if you are going to park nextdoor try for the next one up the street so your trailer is between your car and where you're working as a safety barrier against stones :)

cadase
09-12-2012, 09:54 AM
Broom???????????????
My grandfather once told me how he started his working life pushing a broom.
So i googled "broom". Yes i've seen one before, but have no idea on how they work

Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden
09-12-2012, 02:15 PM

Simmo.

http://powerequipment.honda.com/lawn-mowers/mulching-benefits

http://www.derm.qld.gov.au/waterwise/gardening/pdf/maintaining_your_lawn.pdf

Lawn Mowing Professionals
09-12-2012, 06:23 PM
Thanks for the info guys...

Simmo.

bb1
09-12-2012, 07:02 PM
Broom???????????????

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broom_(shrub)

Never tried getting rid of grass on the road with a shrub, anyone know how to do it..

Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden
09-12-2012, 08:33 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broom_(shrub)

Never tried getting rid of grass on the road with a shrub, anyone know how to do it..

Use it similar to a old straw broom.

starmow
10-12-2012, 07:16 PM
Broom???????????????

or with Brrm Brrrm Stihl Br600 ;)