PDA

View Full Version : my customers lawn is getting worse

St George
17-12-2012, 05:21 PM
The lawn looked good but now its looking very dead.what do you recommend? She hasnt time to water it,and now she wants me to work wonders!

Jayk
17-12-2012, 05:42 PM
Firstly you need to give a quote for irrigation. this will benefit your client and you!
You could try some urea, but the lawn will need some water for it too come up green. it works fast though.

St George
17-12-2012, 06:01 PM
I've been reading a few things bout urea and most have been negetive.something to do with the salt content.im not educated on lawn care at all so my first impulse is to spread good quality top soil on and go from there.possibly even airate the ground first then top soil.

Jayk
17-12-2012, 06:15 PM
Urea does nothing for the turf, or soil. it just greens up the turf .... usualy when you want to make it look good for an occasion. to be honest it will not matter what you do if there is no irrigation. i would sell that idea to the client. airation ( not putting holes in the irrigation that you will hopefully be instalin!) will help then, so will a top dressing.... but they will waste there money if there is no water mate!
also cut it higher, otherwise you are just inviting more weeds into it. when it is healthy you can cut the **** out of it if you have too

St George
17-12-2012, 06:35 PM
Yep a sprinkler on a timer is the go.thanks

Redeye
17-12-2012, 07:09 PM
growing on its side like that, all the waters flowing to the bottom

PaulG
17-12-2012, 08:32 PM
growing on its side like that, all the waters flowing to the bottom

Bingo!

That lawn looks like a real bitsa. Couch, Kikuyu, weeds, bare patches, compacted areas etc!

Core it to aerate the soil, light topdressing with a good mix possibly with manures blended in, re-seed/oversow where necessary with couch seed or lay new kikuyu runners then fertilise with my favourite lawn product, Earthlife Lawn Blend, about a month later. Should come back looking very lush!

Will need a good soaking a couple of times a week during this process too.

m287j
17-12-2012, 08:42 PM
If the client isn't willing to water the lawn or install irrigation, don't bother, it's not worth it. You can't work wonders on a lawn that isn't watered. simple as that.

If the client is willing to water it then firstly treat any lawns in the lawn with Bindi and aerate the lawn, 2 weeks later top dress the lawn, 2 weeks later fertilise the lawn, if there are still bare patches a month after that then look at putting in some runners or seed.

St George
18-12-2012, 08:25 AM
Ok this is a call out for anyone with an aerator ,I have a job for you within the next couple of days to do this yard.its small bout 8 by 8 meters.im in st George area Sydney.please send me a message.bloody kennards want $90 for half a day, that's ok but they will only give it to me if I have an approved ramp to put on trailer or hire one of their trailers.