PDA

View Full Version : Nice win for Xmass ( 26 units )

BeetleJuice
21-12-2012, 02:29 PM
Just picked up 26 units nice Xmass gift.

Went around and door knocked as a meet and greet and got told the story.Last guy who had it for a year never did the edges properly or cleaned up after himself,and the unit owners were glad to see his contract end.
Was hoping i'd get this one.

Lawn Mowing Professionals
21-12-2012, 06:15 PM
Nice Win BettleJuice... You gotta be really happy with that!!

How did you get the inital lead?

Simmo.

South East Mowing
21-12-2012, 07:43 PM
Just picked up 26 units nice Xmass gift.

Went around and door knocked as a meet and greet and got told the story.Last guy who had it for a year never did the edges properly or cleaned up after himself,and the unit owners were glad to see his contract end.
Was hoping i'd get this one.

Gotta be happy with that!

BeetleJuice
21-12-2012, 08:00 PM
I was just packing up at a job as a passerby said hello and stopped with a question.
“Are you looking for more work”

Within a week i was asked to put in a price then waited for the AGM and got approved in taking over the contract.
That is the boost i needed in making it a bigger round,It will take me 2 days without rushing it.
In total around 12-13 hours all up.Done properly.

21-12-2012, 08:08 PM
I was just packing up at a job as a passerby said hello and stopped with a question.
“Are you looking for more work”

Within a week i was asked to put in a price then waited for the AGM and got approved in taking over the contract.
That is the boost i needed in making it a bigger round,It will take me 2 days without rushing it.
In total around 12-13 hours all up.Done properly.

Thats how i got mine... a neighbour asked me the same thing...

Mine is a community of around 180 homes and i have to to 6 parks in this community (1200sqm of lawn in total for 6 parks and play area's)... best of all i now have 180 homeowners to target on approx. 400sqm blocks that voted me in and are time poor, cash rich :slam dunk

BTW - that is 1 bl00dy big job!!! what is your approx. rate per unit?

Simmo.

BeetleJuice
21-12-2012, 08:18 PM
It pays $1500 per quarter,cut when required.Currently no one is watering and it should be every 4 weeks until we hit autumn.

Blaktop
21-12-2012, 10:17 PM
You'd want to hope it doesn't get onto fortnightly mows for summer....the winter quarters will pay but the summers won't if that happens. Most of mine are on fortnightly.....and we're having a dry summer.....so far.

21-12-2012, 10:35 PM
I've never come across quarterly payments before... Do they pay that in advance?

Like Paul said... touch wood it doesn't require fortnightly mow.

Simmo.

BeetleJuice
21-12-2012, 11:00 PM
No there is no payment in advance,currently the whole place is like a dust bowl and growth is almost non existent except for some weeds.
It will require just over fortnightly cuts when the rains come thru in autumn but may go dormant in mid winter when it gets cold.
The quote states by me,it gets cut when required as seasons conditions require a cut.Planning to be two and a half week cut when it grows fast.
Need to be smart on how often it gets cut all within reason.

Oh and it's all paid by a strata group.

RSM-Gazza
22-12-2012, 07:35 AM
Nice pickup Beetlejuice and it must suit your operating model of your business, so crack open an extra red or two over christmas to celebrate.

I was asked to quote for a beautiful mini resort style chalet complex for retire folks, grand entry, open gardens, pool and more gardens. I said no, they asked again and I said no thanks, but agreed to spend one day clearing large trees branches from from their roof gutters.
Seperate to the above not far away a large retirement home was almost begging me to be their gardener and again I said no, but many thanks for asking me.
Both jobs via word of mouth from other seniors I service who live in normal homes.

Reason, too many eggs in one basket theory re time wise spent servicing the projects, especailly in a rain effected week.
If something went pear shape later on. Too big a drop in income whilst knocking back other smaller jobs to accomodate the mentioned jobs. Plus there's always some back stabbing in body corporate style meetings or some resident expecting more who can't be pleased.

Whilst your doing it every 4 weeks now, when you do start a higher frequencey locking in 2 days out of the working week, it maybe something to consider for later on. Now get thoses chilled reds out and enjoy the good fortune in picking up the work as the above is just my own little thoughts. :) :)

Whilst saying the above I do have one large private client, but each job is spreadout over several business and residential sites and with different times/days to attended in the mix at my choice. The longest being a half a day attendance and some fortnightly weekend work consistant year round. I look after this client to the max in every way possible way as you would expect.

PhilG
21-01-2013, 06:01 PM
Picked up a 71 unit complex today. Was being done by a franchise that specializes in Owners Corporations but they weren't doing a good job. We have got in with a couple of B/C managers and they are getting us to quote on a few of their properties.

PaulG
21-01-2013, 06:54 PM
Phil when you win a big contract like that how do you approach it re scheduling and staff numbers etc?

ian
21-01-2013, 09:26 PM
Picked up a 71 unit complex today. Was being done by a franchise that specializes in Owners Corporations but they weren't doing a good job. We have got in with a couple of B/C managers and they are getting us to quote on a few of their properties.
congrats looks like you may have to put that guy on again :)
or an option to think about http://www.indmowing.com.au/forum/showthread.php?11530-Easten-Melbourne-people-anyone-looking-for-a-sidekick-or-know-of-someone-that-is

South East Mowing
08-02-2013, 05:50 PM
Well eventually picked up a school with 40 visits per year.

Not top dollar but enough to work with - and enough to buy the billygoat vacuum:)

And thanks to Darren who will help with the clean up side of things.

ian
08-02-2013, 08:14 PM
congratulations John so i take it you get to have fun and make a mess and Darren does the hard work and cleans you after you :laughing:

South East Mowing
09-02-2013, 06:01 PM
congratulations John so i take it you get to have fun and make a mess and Darren does the hard work and cleans you after you :laughing:

:rolleyes:Sshhhhhhhh not until he has enjoyed his 1st few days work