PDA

View Full Version : Done Me Back In, Ouch

RSM-Gazza
20-02-2013, 07:34 PM
Watch your back guys/gals when lifting.

On Sunday arvo I ramped off my ride on and then lifted in my Victa Mulchmaster 560, via lift front wheel to the edge of rear trailer end and then lift the rear of mower with the handles and push it in. Done it many times as my trailer height is low having low profile tyres on it. Did it once too often and felt the hurt.

Worked a couple of jobs in minor pain Monday which really was my day off and did two large lawns on Tuesday. Then into my second lawn on Tues the side of the back gave way. Struggled like the crappers to finish the job and it took me 2.5hrs in total at the one job to get it done. Went home and slept and when the misses got home I asked for a deep heat rub and again later before retiring for the night.
Woke up this (Wed)morning in total pain and got a appointment into my wife's Naturopath who she reckons is great as she visits him every 4th week.

Have to work tomorrow even if I'm not totally good (but better) as I'm quite behind with back injury and heat delays.

Guess if you know your doing something that's not quite right or taking a short cut. Attend to it before it becomes an issue like I should have. I be using the 4 ft little wooden ramps I have now for the third utility victa mower now when I need to have it onboard.
Last year my heavy chequer plated ramp door in the front mower compartment was modified by the trailer manu to have a heavy duty up lift spring put in. As every year it seemed to get heavier.

South East Mowing
20-02-2013, 07:43 PM
Watch your back guys/gals when lifting.

On Sunday arvo I ramped off my ride on and then lifted in my Victa Mulchmaster 560, via lift front wheel to the edge of rear trailer end and then lift the rear of mower with the handles and push it in. Done it many times as my trailer height is low having low profile tyres on it. Did it once too often and felt the hurt.

Worked a couple of jobs in minor pain Monday which really was my day off and did two large lawns on Tuesday. Then into my second lawn on Tues the side of the back gave way. Struggled like the crappers to finish the job and it took me 2.5hrs in total at the one job to get it done. Went home and slept and when the misses got home I asked for a deep heat rub and again later before retiring for the night.
Woke up this (Wed)morning in total pain and got a appointment into my wife's Naturopath who she reckons is great as she visits him every 4th week.

Have to work tomorrow even if I'm not totally good (but better) as I'm quite behind with back injury and heat delays.

Guess if you know your doing something that's not quite right or taking a short cut. Attend to it before it becomes an issue like I should have. I be using the 3 ft little wooden ramps I have now for the third utility victa mower now when I need to have it onboard.
Last year my heavy chequer plated ramp door in the front mower compartment was modified by the trailer manu to have a heavy duty up lift spring put in. As every year it seemed to get heavier.

Know how you feel Gazza. A month ago I picked up something quite lazily while I was serviciong the ride on. Knew I should be doing it differently but was having a lazy day. Many trips to the chiro and could not work for 3 days. Dont know what muscle it was but I could hardly get in and out of the car, getting out of my lounge was ridiculous. Almost needed a stick to get myself up from any seat :rolleyes:

ian
20-02-2013, 08:13 PM
diclofenac (voltaren/viclofenic) and a teaspoon of what the Romans called opus caementicium or it's modern equivalent serious with the former joking with the latter
hope you get better soon as for the naturpath i must say your wife is seeing him every 4 weeks and still not getting better :i dunno:

RSM-Gazza
20-02-2013, 08:31 PM
John,

It's bl##dy painful alright, I slid out of bed to the floor as it was the only way I could move out and then couldn't stand up without a lift from the misses. The went to the dunny for sit down and couldn't get up. (STOP LAUGHING peoples). Yep, couldn't swing me right leg into the car's foot well to for the trip to the back doctor. But I do fell somewhat better now (kinda, except for the ocassional back jab).

But did I my tax invoices today that were miles behind, did BAS and reconciled visa and main accounts over about 7 icing poles as it was hot here today again. So it was not a totally lost day.

RSM-Gazza
20-02-2013, 08:36 PM
diclofenac (voltaren/viclofenic) and a teaspoon of what the Romans called opus caementicium or it's modern equivalent serious with the former joking with the latter
hope you get better soon as for the naturpath i must say your wife is seeing him every 4 weeks and still not getting better :i dunno:
Iain the misses has a back condition that sort of clicks out, has had it for centuries and this back doctor has been the only guy that gives her relief. Bupa covers half of the cost. I always joke that he is her boyfriend and I always get a snappy reponse in return. Will take note of your treatment advice -Thanks.

Redeye
21-02-2013, 06:03 AM
I'd be going to see a real doctor - not worth the risk where your back is concerned

RSM-Gazza
21-02-2013, 09:40 AM
I'd be going to see a real doctor - not worth the risk where your back is concerned

Understand what you say and agree, but this guy in town is real good, even the local Bupa will agree on this. This bloke has been in business for 25+yrs, is Health Fund Approved and Work Cover approved. Feel much better today and slept most of the night, but feel I really should have the day off.
So I did and I'm enjoying a coffee, toast with vegimite. Then I'll head down to the discount chemist and get what Iain suggested.

When I lived in Melb, Williamstown and the Wantirnia area (yrs ago), my wfe could never get back relief until having appointments with this bloke.

Got to love the flexibility we have in our job to stay home, even though no pay in doing so..

Mrs HMS
21-02-2013, 03:56 PM
See a Chiropractor. They're even better than real doctors for spines. Their course is the same length of time as a Dr and they study 10 times what a Dr does when it comes to spinal and neuroanatomy

South East Mowing
21-02-2013, 04:15 PM
See a Chiropractor. They're even better than real doctors for spines. Their course is the same length of time as a Dr and they study 10 times what a Dr does when it comes to spinal and neuroanatomy

Just got back from the Chiro treatment. Know I will be a little sore tomorrow as I asked him to work it hard but can surely recommend this guy highly. Been seeing him for 5 or so years now.

http://www.naturaltherapypages.com.au/connect/heathertonchiropractic/service/12674

4 Gardens
21-02-2013, 06:07 PM
If you think you have a crook back, you should see my front, it's really crook!

Mrs HMS
21-02-2013, 07:00 PM
Just got back from the Chiro treatment. Know I will be a little sore tomorrow as I asked him to work it hard but can surely recommend this guy highly. Been seeing him for 5 or so years now.

http://www.naturaltherapypages.com.au/connect/heathertonchiropractic/service/12674

I know those ones....when the Chiro says before he even starts...You're going to hate me tomorrow....and you do. But it's worth it.

Cranbourne Lawnmowing
21-02-2013, 07:23 PM
If a chiro works for you , all well and good. I had a serious back injury when I was 16 years old at work and after years of heavy lifting in my last life and playing golf up to 4 times a week ended up with a few more permanant back injuries. I eventually found a sports physio. Cant fix the damage but after about 4mths of work and relearning how to do things including sleeping and getting out of bed I have never been better. If I do end up in a situation where I'm in a lot of pain from doing something wrong, I do the exercises he taught me for a day or two and I'm right as rain. Was not cheap but after over 20 years of not being able to get a full nights sleep without waking up in pain it was the smartest money I ever spent. Just wish I had found this bloke years ago.

RSM-Gazza
21-02-2013, 09:22 PM

Joanne,

Can't argue with your advice- thanks, feeling much better (not perfect though) after yesterdays treatment and Voltaren Emugel this evening.

Mrs HMS
22-02-2013, 07:57 AM
Glad you are on th improve Garry. I find if I do my back really badly it takes a couple of days after treatment before I am back to normal and in really severe cases it may take a couple of treatments, but I have been seeing a Chiro for 32 years and I have only needed more than one treatment a handful of times.

ian
22-02-2013, 08:17 PM
Glad you are on th improve Garry. I find if I do my back really badly it takes a couple of days after treatment before I am back to normal and in really severe cases it may take a couple of treatments, but I have been seeing a Chiro for 32 years and I have only needed more than one treatment a handful of times.
32 years gee you must of started young :)

RSM-Gazza
22-02-2013, 09:07 PM
32 years gee you must of started young :)

ian,
Mrs HMS may have fell out of her baby hi chair slurping Rosella Tomatoe Soup with Brockhoff Salada Biscuits. :) :) :)

Mrs HMS
22-02-2013, 09:16 PM
Bless you fellas....you're good for a girl's ego.

I was 10 when I first saw a chiro...

RSM-Gazza
25-02-2013, 06:44 PM
Ok, 10+32=???, Ok 32+10='s nah need a calculator :)

Well, feeling much better today but still a struggle to put the Explorer Socks on, but I'm a happy little vegimite.

Built me a removable ramp out of scap material to minimise what caused me little problem in the first place.
Reinforced with timber under it, but not for me to stand on. For the past 2yrs I knew I needed one and didn't pull the finger out to make one.

Thanks for the kind words all and look after yourselves out there.

Painted Yellow, so I don't trip over it during a silly moment I hope.

http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy295/fish475/IMG_0351_zps0e2368dc.jpg

ian
25-02-2013, 07:20 PM
10 + 32= 39 :)

RSM-Gazza
25-02-2013, 07:35 PM
10 + 32= 39 :)

Thanks Iain,
New it had to equal under 40, but me calculator being made in China, kept showing another figure. Bugger those chinese calculators for not adding up right at times.:)