PDA

View Full Version : Best Approach for Autumn marketing??

TomS
03-03-2013, 10:27 PM
Its been dead as a dodo here in eastern Suburbs Melbourne with the dry weather.. Hopefully it will be worth doing some marketing now the rains have come.

I mow, prune, hedge, garden cleanups etc. I was thinking of a flyer with planting guide and pointing out now is the best time for most tree pruning. an infoadvert.

What marketing have you blokes found best this time of year?

Tom

Wyadra
04-03-2013, 07:11 PM
For me it has always been flyers, I've just moved to Hawthorn from Sydney and I cant believe how good the business down here has been. Mind you, took 1 look at how dry it was and knew it was a waste of time to target lawns. Thinking about doing a flyer for lawn mowing now that it has rained, but business has been so good I might give up the mowing permanently.

GardenGuy
04-03-2013, 09:00 PM
Around this part of Sydney, we have had incredible amounts of rain so you can almost watch the grass grow.

As the weather will be cooling off and drying up a bit soon, it's time to being promoting the other things you do to clients, whether it's pressure washing, landscaping, pruning, supply and plant, etc. No one knows what winter will bring, so it's time to at least plant the seed in clients' minds about what else you can do for them - and remind them about the cooler, off-peak months being the only time that you can spend on projects.

Best of luck!

Cheers - GardenGuy.