PDA

View Full Version : honda isssue

imoww
31-03-2013, 05:41 AM
After a few weeks of using, My 196 mulch n catch decided to play up.
The cord wouldnt budge at all when starting to pull it. After a a few minutes it did.
After 6 pulls, The motor started, blows white smoke then dies.
There is fuel pissing out the front muffler?????
What the heck???
Any ideas???

fairdinkum
31-03-2013, 05:58 AM
There's others threads on this somewhere. Clean your carby. You probably have a tiny bit of crap in it blocking the needle....You'l have to change the oil too!

Honda_Official_PR
04-04-2013, 12:53 PM
Thanks for helping out there fairdinkum. Imoww, did that help? If not, you might want to give your local Honda dealer a call?

Cheers,
Dylan

imoww
04-04-2013, 03:51 PM
Thanks guys.... havent had a chance to look at yet. Ill let you know how i go.

SM MOWING
04-04-2013, 04:12 PM
Use your warrenty................ as mr honda said

why waste your time when they can fix it for free

Lawn Mowing Professionals
04-04-2013, 06:03 PM
Use your warrenty................ as mr honda said

why waste your time when they can fix it for free

:laughing:

Simmo.

happymowin
04-04-2013, 06:10 PM
i used to have this problem on my old ride on with a briggs motor, if you forgot to turn off the fuel tap, it would flood into the engine, diluting the oil with fuel, and youd have to change the oil (that machine got SO many oil changes, lol)

like the guys said, its a bit of grit in the carby or the needle not seating properly (allowing fuel to flow into the sump)

cheers

PaulG
04-04-2013, 07:45 PM
:laughing:

Simmo.
:spam in a can

SM I don't think Honda would cover dirt in the carby under warranty (if that's the problem).

fairdinkum
05-04-2013, 05:51 AM
The problem with trying for a warranty claim is the down time. It's a 30 minute job max to fix yourself. To send it to an authorised honda repair place could see you without the machine for more than a day. I know of some bigger places that just add it to the queue behind all the broken down sanlis which could leave you waiting weeks. Another problem may be - can you claim warranty for using dirty fuel? It would be hard to prove dirt in the carby came from the manufacturing process. Then you would be slugged with the cost of labour (and parts if applicable.

imoww
05-04-2013, 07:03 AM
Ran out of warranty last year...

ian
05-04-2013, 07:27 AM
The problem with trying for a warranty claim is the down time. It's a 30 minute job max to fix yourself. To send it to an authorised honda repair place could see you without the machine for more than a day. I know of some bigger places that just add it to the queue behind all the broken down sanlis which could leave you waiting weeks. Another problem may be - can you claim warranty for using dirty fuel? It would be hard to prove dirt in the carby came from the manufacturing process. Then you would be slugged with the cost of labour (and parts if applicable.

an advantage of being in a big city if a dealer did this to me it would be the last time that dealer got anything from me. Like most contractors i spend a lot more $ with the dealer than the average person so i expect priority service
Pretty certain Dirt or grit in the carby wouldn't be covered under warranty unless it was on maybe the 1st or 2nd lawn

imoww
03-05-2013, 08:24 PM
Now it blows oil out of the exhaust.

fairdinkum
04-05-2013, 05:07 AM
Did you check/clean the carby?

AJD Mowing
04-05-2013, 06:42 AM
Give Greenie a call

edbeek
04-05-2013, 08:50 AM
The cord wouldnt budge at all when starting to pull it. After a a few minutes it did.
After 6 pulls, The motor started, blows white smoke then dies

Now it blows oil out of the exhaust.

I have had these problems a few times with my Briggs 850.( 3 times in over 2 years and always before 1st job of the day) The engine runs perfectly any other time.

My theory is this; I travel up to 30km with the mower getting a rough ride in the trailer/trayback. The oil in the engine would be getting splashed about a fair bit, and the float in the carby could be bouncing letting in excess fuel. If the engine has one or both valves open, I think it's possible that some fuel or oil could make it's way into the combustion chamber and even into the muffler.
When I unload and try to start, the engine can't go past compression stroke because liquid can't be compressed.

Rather than risk breaking the starter cord, I disconnect the spark plug and turn the cutter disc by hand (usually backwards). If it's excess fuel, it evaporates quickly when the valve opens, but oil takes a bit longer to disperse but still only a few revs of the engine. Once I can turn it past compression by hand, I connect the plug and start it with the starter cord,then stand back while the smoke clears.
I try to remember to pull the engine to compression stroke before I load it to stop this happening, but it happens so rarely I never do it.

That's just my theory. Don't know for sure if it's possible.

fairdinkum
04-05-2013, 05:53 PM
Clean the carby

imoww
02-06-2013, 04:09 PM
Got the mower fixed.
The oil was mixed into the fuel... Apparently, someone had turned the mower upside down for a while...... The wrong side ....... My dad....

Honda_Official_PR
30-07-2013, 04:52 PM
Hi imoww,

Glad to hear you got the problem solved. Hope you get plenty more lawns done with that bad boy!

Cheers,
Dylan

starmow
30-07-2013, 07:50 PM
Hi Dylan,

When Mowers price would be go down??
for price of one HRU216K2 i can bought 2 Rovers and still have money to buy extra Blades, Oils and Filters...
:fact

Honda_Official_PR
31-07-2013, 10:03 AM
Hi Zoran,

Our 2013/14 sale will begin tomorrow, August 1, with the brochure to be printed/distributed over the next few weeks. So I can't jump the gun and tell you any of the savings that will be on offer just yet, but please check on the website - http://powerequipment.honda.com.au - for more information from tomorrow.

Cheers,
Dylan

GQdude
05-08-2013, 03:49 PM
Hi Zoran,

Our 2013/14 sale will begin tomorrow, August 1, with the brochure to be printed/distributed over the next few weeks. So I can't jump the gun and tell you any of the savings that will be on offer just yet, but please check on the website - http://powerequipment.honda.com.au - for more information from tomorrow.

Cheers,
Dylan

So the sale started 4 days ago but there's no info for a few weeks??

Honda_Official_PR
05-08-2013, 04:44 PM
So the sale started 4 days ago but there's no info for a few weeks??

Hi Zoran,

The date that I replied to your question was 31 July, so I was unable to give you any details of the savings on that date.

Our savings went live on Thursday, 1 August, and as I said have been available to see on our website - http://powerequipment.honda.com.au - since then.

So yes, there is valid, up-to-date information detailing our savings available to you if you look on the website.

You will start seeing advertisements on television and brochures in store over the coming weeks, when dealerships traditionally start seeing better weather and more customers.

I hope that helps.

Dylan.

starmow
05-08-2013, 04:58 PM
Hi Zoran,

The date that I replied to your question was 31 July, so I was unable to give you any details of the savings on that date.

Our savings went live on Thursday, 1 August, and as I said have been available to see on our website - http://powerequipment.honda.com.au - since then.

So yes, there is valid, up-to-date information detailing our savings available to you if you look on the website.

You will start seeing advertisements on television and brochures in store over the coming weeks, when dealerships traditionally start seeing better weather and more customers.

I hope that helps.

Dylan.

Hi Dylan,

The price for Hru216M2 is same $1639 .............
and I don't see any savings in this price...
But you must be very good :magic to put this price down, down

Honda_Official_PR
06-08-2013, 09:13 AM
Hi Zoran,

Unfortunately the HRU216M is not included in this season's savings campaign. I'm sure you'll agree, if you have ued a 21" Honda mower in the past, that $1639 is an excellent price, given the durable, robust product it is, warranty and parts & servicing back-up that comes standard with it.

I hope I didn't cause any confusion on this,

Dylan

cadase
06-08-2013, 10:30 AM
Hi Zoran,

Unfortunately the HRU216M is not included in this season's savings campaign. I'm sure you'll agree, if you have ued a 21" Honda mower in the past, that $1639 is an excellent price, given the durable, robust product it is, warranty and parts & servicing back-up that comes standard with it.

Dylan
Well i'm on my 4th honda 216, been in the business around 8 yrs. While the 216 is a good residential mower, $1639 is around double the price that you should be paying. I'd even stretch it out to $1000, but $1639 ???? does that servicing include mowing lawns for me ?

PaulG
06-08-2013, 11:47 AM
Zoran best thing you can do is pressure your local Honda dealer for a better price with mention of taking your business elsewhere. It's never going to come from the corporate level. If all Honda users did this and refused to pay so much then we might start getting somewhere. Obviously the loss of (contractor) sales in the last couple of years to Rover et al still hasn't hurt the Honda bottom line enough. You should be able to get some money off at least, regardless of a sale? My local Honda/Stihl salesman just said he'd give me $120 - $140 off some Stihl kombi-gear as I mentioned I was also looking at comparable Kawasaki and Shindaiwa products (which I still am).

Personally I'd love to buy a new 216 but I keep going with my two second hand 216Ds instead because the design still needs improvement and the price should be around the $$900 to 1000-mark or lower, where the non-propelled 196s are at.

bb1
06-08-2013, 03:22 PM
Zoran best thing you can do is pressure your local Honda dealer for a better price with mention of taking your business elsewhere. It's never going to come from the corporate level..

In this case it is a corporate thing, Honda dealers arent allowed to give more than 5% discount, and they now give it to contractors and the general public, so in effect us contractors are nothing to Honda

South East Mowing
06-08-2013, 05:32 PM
Hi Zoran,

Dylan

These things I can relate to when you talk Honda 214, 215 models. After that ?:i dunno:

bb1
06-08-2013, 05:37 PM
Hi Zoran,

Dylan

I just read this again, and I take it from what has being stated, parts and servicing are included in the price, if we are talking lifetime parts and service included than it is a good price, I suspect NOT

Edstar78
06-08-2013, 08:37 PM
No disrespect to any brand but personally the Honda at $1639 ain't worth $1000 more than a rover procut @$650. I'm open to anyone willing to convince me any different...... I've had both and from a business perspective I just don't see why you would pay for the Honda.

starmow
06-08-2013, 08:54 PM
Hi Zoran,

Dylan

for this price i can bought 2 Chonda from ebay or 2 Procut 560 rovers.... i will never give in my life $1600 for one Honda,
why to pay extra $600 only for name Honda... when mower should be cost like the rovers... :i dunno:

Sorry but I just think like that:wave-hi:

imoww
30-08-2013, 08:34 PM
My Honda self propelled cable died today during mowing a lawn.
The handle bar just hangs there flapping in the wind. The cable looks like its still connected??? i can push the control arm up and down ( where the cable goes into the gearbox).
Any ideas?
Is the cable just snapped?
Is it hard to repair?

starmow
30-08-2013, 09:55 PM
The handle bar just hangs there flapping in the wind. The cable looks like its still connected??? i can push the control arm up and down ( where the cable goes into the gearbox).
Any ideas?
Is it hard to repair?

maybe you need just adjust the cable screw on handle... because this happen to me on my mower or check drive shaft maybe is it gone....:i dunno:

South East Mowing
30-08-2013, 10:41 PM
Any ideas?
Is it hard to repair?

A picture is worth a 1000 words:o

imoww
31-08-2013, 08:36 AM
Nope... The cable was adjusted a few weeks ago. Its all tight there.
I think it must have snapped off inside.
The linkage where the it goes into the gearbox can be moved up and down.
On my other Honda. the cable is ok and the linkage cannot be moved because the cable is attached.
Does anyone know if this is a big job to attach a new cable?
Ill take some pics today.

maybe you need just adjust the cable screw on handle... because this happen to me on my mower or check drive shaft maybe is it gone....:i dunno:

imoww
31-08-2013, 11:41 AM
Problem fixed.

imoww
05-09-2013, 04:11 PM
DOes the roto-blade stop increase the revs on the Honda 216?
Is it me...

imoww
20-09-2013, 03:42 PM
Does anyone know the valve clearance for the HRU 216?

simo
20-09-2013, 04:11 PM
http://outdoorpowerinfo.com/engine_specs/honda_valve_gaps.asp
intake 0.15 mm
exhaust 0.20 mm

Arfa Brayne
20-09-2013, 07:57 PM
Hi Zoran,

Dylan

For the life of me I don't understand why you blokes keep buying "B" grade mowers from Honda Australia when Honda USA are so much better specified and value for money.

READ THE THREAD !!!! --- http://www.indmowing.com.au/forum/showthread.php?11450-Honda-HRX217HYA-imported-from-USA-A-better-mower-for-less-than-an-Aussie-HRU

imoww
20-09-2013, 08:05 PM
Thanks Simo. 1414141414

imoww
20-09-2013, 08:09 PM
Hey Arfa. Ive been meaning to ask. How are the USA mowers going?

Arfa Brayne
21-09-2013, 05:32 PM
Hey Arfa. Ive been meaning to ask. How are the USA mowers going?

Magic :magic Magic

They're like feral cats
The motors "Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" , and they go "Meeeeeyoowwwwww" as they zoom past the suckers with slow old HRU's

= bloody brilliant !!!!! (I've still got a silly grin every time I mow)

:dance:cheer:

imoww
10-10-2014, 04:25 PM
Today, the lower handlebar snapped in half.... theres allot of pressure on them where they are bolted onto the deck...
I welded the arm back on and a few lawns later.... snapped again.
Trying to find the part??? ive got bucklys.... its the older version 216.
Everyone has the new version...
not even on evilbay.....anyone like to sell one?

BSD
10-10-2014, 08:21 PM
Cant you sleeve it with something?...grind off the gal/chrome/cadmium plating and just put in a pipe sleeve and re-weld it.

imoww
10-10-2014, 09:20 PM
Was going to do that but just bought new one eBay