PDA

View Full Version : stick edger

odin
13-06-2004, 09:08 AM
i have the 110 sthil 4 mix stick edgers ....they can cut tho anything a walk behind edger can ..put a star blade on it you can power though overgrown sidewalks that leave 4 inch sod stripes!!!!.

and it is one less piece of equipment to carry on the trailers...the stick edger stays on the trimmer rack.

he is a couple results as soon as i get a new digidal camera i will post more ..look at the sidwalks the edge is perfect.

odin
13-06-2004, 09:10 AM
screwed up with the pic lol let me try again

odin
13-06-2004, 09:12 AM
another edge with sthil fc110 4 mix powerhouse

odin
13-06-2004, 09:15 AM
here is a couple of my 4 mixs i9ncludeing my stick edger

odin
13-06-2004, 09:17 AM
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Tonyr
13-06-2004, 09:43 AM
how does a 2 stroker go against a 4 mix mate?

My next purchase if not a heavy honda will be either Shin. or Stihl.
Got a BG85 Stihl blower and it's good now that I had it tuned correctly. My 1st trimmer was a Shin, very old and still runs great, had it back on the farm. I think the Stihl blow has the toughest caseing just looking at the 2 brands, honda casing is pretty ordinary in comparison.

Have I got this right, 4 mix is 2 stroke feul in a 4 stroke like engine i.e has a sump?

odin
13-06-2004, 09:57 AM
YUP MATE uses two stoke oil ....its kinna like a hybred..really powerful ....two stokes shindawas are good machines ..around here not many dealers and the few that we have ..aint worth **** ....if they were a turd flys wouldnt want to go to them.....the sthil 4 mix really is awsome ...power and low end grunt put it in a class of its own.

odin
13-06-2004, 10:01 AM
tony you guys have amsoil over there...that two cycle synthetic oil of theres is awsome ..mixed at 80 to 1 .

Tonyr
13-06-2004, 10:10 AM
Thanks Jack, good info there, appreciated!

I usually use stihl oil for the stihl, shin oil for the shin, and stihl oil in the Komatsu motor on my edger (yuck motor!)
So a very good general purpose 2 stroke would make life easier especially if all machines can run on the same mix, I got a 30:1, 38:1, 40:1, 50:1, so I carry the 40 and 50's, edger and stihl blower...

I'll check into amsoil, maybe my mate Ebony has it?

I know what ya mean about less than intelligent dealers...got our fair share too, quite a big share actually, the crap they talk at times is laughable! We often know more about stuff than they do! lol.

Easycareacres
13-06-2004, 01:26 PM
Tony the stihl oil I find is the best as has all the cleaning agents etc in there from fouling plugs etc not sure on other brands but if Odin knows of a good one might be worth a try.
The stick edgers are great for domestics but if on all day paths youll never get it finished.
Does amsol oil come in a blue bottle as used a brand while back, but wasnt cheap.