PDA

View Full Version : $1000 Lawn business promotional video

administrator
08-05-2013, 10:01 AM
Gidday Guys and Gals

Independent Lawnmowing contractors of Australia Members only can apply .

We want to give a thousand dollars to the winner that can do a Promotional Video of their business and display it on the video forum http://www.indmowing.com.au/forum/showthread.php?11758-Upload-your-business-promotion-add-here

Dont care if its funny serious classic its up to you .The only rules are you have to mention Independent Lawnmowing contractors of Australia twice in the add and keep it under 5 minutes .

There will be only one winner so make it good we have a three judges that will select the winning promotional video .

You have till December 24th 2013 to enter . Winner will be announced New years day 2014

Above all have fun with it .

Discuss ideas on this thread

djkgrounds
08-05-2013, 02:15 PM
Love it, excellent idea. 7 months is not long to have fun with something like this though.

geoff
08-05-2013, 05:43 PM
this could get some of old timers back into the forum......worth having a crack and could actually benefit the indy organisation , great stuff Dean

courty
08-05-2013, 05:51 PM
this could get some of old timers back into the forum......worth having a crack and could actually benefit the indy organisation , great stuff Dean

Do the old timers need a cash incentive to get back into the forum?

imoww
08-05-2013, 06:47 PM
Sounds good. I missed out on the last comp.
I'll do another advert for this one.

Lawn Mowing Professionals
08-05-2013, 08:01 PM
The only rules are you have to mention Independent Lawnmowing contractors of Australia twice in the add and keep it under 5 minutes .

Well, that rules me out :laughing:

Simmo.

Cranbourne Lawnmowing
08-05-2013, 09:14 PM
Well, that rules me out :laughing:

Simmo.

HaHa Good to see your human Simmo and can have a laugh at yourself. Good on ya mate.

great nature
08-05-2013, 09:18 PM
id love to see what you'd come up with, simmo. you gonna give it a crack?

08-05-2013, 09:37 PM
id love to see what you'd come up with, simmo. you gonna give it a crack?

I'll most likely give it a crack... i've just gotta check my schedule lol

no doubt I will have the best video if the previous winner is anything to go off... hey Dean :wave-hi: :laughing:

Now i've just got to convince the 3 judges... My luck the judges will be PaulG, Ian and Dean :)

Simmo.

PaulG
08-05-2013, 09:46 PM
Keep rabbiting on, you might just get your wish. Woops I just fed the monkey... My bad.

great nature
08-05-2013, 09:50 PM

no doubt I will have the best video if the previous winner is anything to go off... hey Dean :wave-hi: :laughing:

Now i've just got to convince the 3 judges... My luck the judges will be PaulG, Ian and Dean :)
Simmo.

Keep rabbiting on, you might just get your wish. Woops I just fed the monkey... My bad.

LOL. i love this forum.

08-05-2013, 09:54 PM

and look at what the cat just dragged in (http://www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au/templates/yoo_seasons/images/logo.png).... my lucky day.

It's always a pleasure Paul :magic

:wtf

Simmo.

Cranbourne Lawnmowing
08-05-2013, 10:01 PM
Come on guys, this isn't a bashing thread. Bit of decorum ay!

PaulG
08-05-2013, 10:02 PM

LOL. i love this forum.

There's got to be some comedy to lighten the place up Rae! :)

Too many experts here lately.

happymowin
08-05-2013, 10:15 PM
@cran is that a new type of rum?

i think some guys on here need to sit back and have a few ad settle down a little, agreed.

public forum and all guys, if you dont like someone, "block them" with the ignore button and get on with your life. (i know its easier for me now ive blocked a few) - ian how do they do that again?

cheers, and onto the "deco" rum

08-05-2013, 10:21 PM

i think some guys on here need to sit back and have a few ad settle down a little, agreed.

public forum and all guys, if you dont like someone, "block them" with the ignore button and get on with your life. (i know its easier for me now ive blocked a few) - ian how do they do that again?

Ian has blocked you... so i will inform him on your behalf lol

Simmo.

ian
08-05-2013, 10:29 PM

Thanks Simmo :)
Your wish is my command oh sad one :)
to ignore someone
go to persons name left click go to view profile on the left hand side under their name is a list #4 down is Add to ignore list click on this, job done you no longer have to view their posts unless you choose too

cadase
08-05-2013, 10:37 PM
can see simmo editing the script from Gone With The Wind as we speak, apparently the script hasn't enough detail.
'frankly m'dear i dont give a curse - condemn - execrate - imprecate - denounce - darn- rats tossbag-damn :)

great nature
08-05-2013, 10:45 PM
just to clarify. i wrote "i love this forum" because i literally laughed out loud at simmos black humour. with him not at him and ditto paul.
this forum is full of clever people. thats why i cant keep away.
really looking forward to these vids. more laughs ahead.

ian
08-05-2013, 10:55 PM
just to clarify. i wrote "i love this forum" because i literally laughed out loud at simmos black humour. with him not at him and ditto paul.

just a pity none of them ever post

08-05-2013, 10:57 PM

And my mother thinks very highly of me also :)

Simmo.

AJD Mowing
09-05-2013, 03:59 PM

Simmo.

You sound like the Spice Girls on MKR they talked it up :laughing:

I think Greanie is one of the judges :laughing:

Hey you and Happy could do a Video together :laughing: I wanna push the mower no its my go you have to do the video no I wanna be the leading man you can do it next year ;dealers;
:wave-hi::laughing:

09-05-2013, 04:09 PM

Hey you and Happy could do a Video together :laughing: I wanna push the mower no its my go you have to do the video no I wanna be the leading man you can do it next year ;dealers;

:laughing:

Yeah, i'm a spice girl lol

Yeah, Greanie can be one of the judges also... I better not detail my mower prior to the filming or include any of my pope gear..lol

Great idea about doing a video with Happy! it would go viral on Youtube and we would become an international success!

Are you entering the comp this time around?

Simmo.

AJD Mowing
09-05-2013, 04:57 PM
:laughing:

Yeah, i'm a spice girl lol

Yeah, Greanie can be one of the judges also... I better not detail my mower prior to the filming or include any of my pope gear..lol

Great idea about doing a video with Happy! it would go viral on Youtube and we would become an international success!

Are you entering the comp this time around?

Simmo.

:laughing::laughing::laughing: You could call it Happy Professionals :i dunno:

Nah I wont enter better give you blokes a crack or there might be a linching if I got it two years in a row. :laughing:

happymowin
09-05-2013, 05:26 PM
nah im shy, i'll hold the camera and simmo can push the mower, but i still want my half the prize and profits from the utube ads !!

g-g-g-g-giddy up !!!

AJD Mowing
09-05-2013, 05:52 PM
nah im shy, i'll hold the camera and simmo can push

What sort of video are you making? :laughing:

imoww
09-05-2013, 06:23 PM
Oh Come on Dean.....Do another one like lats year..... Ill do a vid like the Jims one.....

AJD Mowing
09-05-2013, 06:47 PM
If I get the time Mat I will. Maybe I will do a comedy one where I pull up at some random house and start cutting down their trees then when they come out I run away :laughing:

courty
09-05-2013, 06:50 PM
If I get the time Mat I will. Maybe I will do a comedy one where I pull up at some random house and start cutting down their trees then when they come out I run away :laughing:

Hahaha,Lawnie Jack Ass

Neil&family
09-05-2013, 07:38 PM
Anyone got Steve's(aka Arr Know Mar Rights) Phone number?

ian
09-05-2013, 08:23 PM
If I get the time Mat I will.
A time mat is that so you can pinch the winners idea then do it as your own ?

imoww
09-05-2013, 08:33 PM
Benny hill style tree lopping.... You could have all the bikini clad girls running after you too....

ian
09-05-2013, 08:41 PM
Benny hill style tree lopping.... You could have all the bikini clad girls running after you too....

i always wondered if he was not straight as there's no way i would have been running away

happymowin
09-05-2013, 08:42 PM
lol, that would match the benny hill style mowing video aj has on his website - girls would improve that one too, lolol

AJD Mowing
10-05-2013, 06:50 AM
Perhaps you could play a cameo role your a big girl :laughing:

BLACK BEAR
25-05-2013, 05:29 PM

:laughing::scared:laughing::scared:laughing::scare d:laughing::scared:laughing::scared:laughing::scar ed:laughing::scared:laughing::scared .:slam dunk

imoww
14-06-2013, 04:18 PM
Is it OK to do this to the INDY logo?
A short brief start to my video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WU2p7PfQGU&feature=youtu.be

BSD
14-06-2013, 04:27 PM
lookin good............

2eyedcyclone
14-06-2013, 11:56 PM
Great idea Admin, getting some ideas.

Cranbourne Lawnmowing
15-06-2013, 12:29 AM

Phuck off.... how the hell did you do that shiite

PaulG
15-06-2013, 01:27 AM

Nice start.

imoww
15-06-2013, 07:10 AM
Thanks guys. I did an illustration for a company years ago and they nearly sued me for altering their logo... So thought I'd ask INDY before i go any further...
Im doing it on a Mac . Its in iMovie, all the tools are there to make the fancy stuf...

AJD Mowing
15-06-2013, 04:20 PM
I am so glad you didn't go in the last one Matt I owe you one.. I will get you a beer on the catch up.. Sorry a lemonade I forgot :)

imoww
15-06-2013, 07:52 PM
LOL. Thanks Dean. ha ha ha. Yeah yeah yeah.. Im the one that doesnt drink.....

Mow And Go
15-06-2013, 07:54 PM
I am so glad you didn't go in the last one Matt I owe you one.. I will get you a beer on the catch up.. Sorry a lemonade I forgot :)

open invite Dean? I hear its Deans shout :p

AJD Mowing
16-06-2013, 11:00 AM
I will be happy to buy a beer Ben :)

djkgrounds
16-06-2013, 05:46 PM
Gotta start pulling my finger out and get started now we are coming into winter. Get it done before my lil boy is born.

Nice job imoww, looking really good.

imoww
27-09-2013, 09:33 PM
HAs anyone posted their video yet?

djkgrounds
27-09-2013, 10:41 PM
HAs anyone posted their video yet?

Got side tracked with the newest member to my family so haven't even had time to do it this year. Next year I will be in.

AJD Mowing
28-09-2013, 05:54 PM
Get a vid of the new born riding the mower you will win for sure :)

Congrats on the new addition...

I recon you got it in the bag Mat,, after seeing you movie making abilities I am not even gunna try :wave-hi:
hmmm $1000 bucks would come in handy though..

mowbro
28-09-2013, 06:49 PM
I've just got started on mine this weekend. Hoping that I'll have enough time over the next few weeks to get it finished!

imoww
01-10-2013, 08:55 PM
LOL. Im not that good Dean.... Thought you were going to do one this year... I reckon you should put a bikini babe in it this time...

AJD Mowing
02-10-2013, 05:43 PM
LOL maybe Greenie can dress up in drag :laughing:

chaplain
12-10-2013, 03:01 PM
Thousand bucks ill be winning that nobody will enter but for me whohahaha

administrator
16-11-2013, 04:42 PM
Buy a Go Pro camera good tax deduction and enter the competition if you win you get a grand pays for the camera and your family can have great fun .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZf7W8Az9qY

Very good assets

Imagine what you could do

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBCOMG2F2Zk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBCOMG2F2Zk

And for our women Members nothing is iout of reach

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMICxZNXC8M

Get excited Get inspired get on with it lol

ps comedy works to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKRKuxlxwHM

AJD Mowing
17-11-2013, 09:41 AM
Thanks Admin they are awesome!! You gave me some great ideas,, maybe I could strap a cat to a lawn mower and throw it out of a plane? that would win lol
Seriously though they are worth watching thanks :wave-hi:

Greenie
20-11-2013, 05:45 PM
LOL maybe Greenie can dress up in drag :laughing:

LOL no he cant!! haha

AJD Mowing
20-11-2013, 08:12 PM
Jees mate you took your time getting round to reading that one haha

imoww
21-11-2013, 07:17 PM
Nice....
Jees mate you took your time getting round to reading that one haha

Greenie
23-11-2013, 09:56 AM
i was too busy taking my make up off hehe

administrator
12-12-2013, 11:20 AM
Not long to go cmon fellas and gals how hard is it to do a commercial lol film it on your phone and upload winning a 1000 bucks is worth having a crack .

Redeye
12-12-2013, 07:57 PM
move over amateurs, after many weeks of editing here is some advertising excellence which will be appearing shortly on Gruen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JldiAk7H9s&feature=youtu.be

PaulG
12-12-2013, 08:50 PM
Nice!!! Short and to the point! But you really should film it in landscape format :);)

South East Mowing
12-12-2013, 08:52 PM
move over amateurs, after many weeks of editing here is some advertising excellence which will be appearing shortly on Gruen

Ya could be getting a few calls!! Don't know if you will like the names though;)

AJD Mowing
13-12-2013, 06:29 AM

You know what would be real cool?? If you won the 1k then you could get a Honda :laughing::laughing::big grin

Living Green
13-12-2013, 07:47 AM
Hey guys.... Another entry.... have you seen 'Living Green - thank you Antony' Video? look it up on YouTube... It's a bit straight, but it's green!!! I should have had a dog sh....ing on a lawn at the end to add some reality!! Thanks DOG!!!

Redeye
13-12-2013, 08:43 AM
You know what would be real cool?? If you won the 1k then you could get a Honda :laughing::laughing::big grin
a Hondo guitar?? http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Excellent-Condition-HONDO-Electric-Guitar-with-BONUS-Guitar-Stand-/281223121924?pt=AU_Musical_Instruments_Instruments&hash=item417a344c04&_uhb=1

administrator
13-12-2013, 09:13 AM

Just emailed it to A Current Affair lol

AJD Mowing
13-12-2013, 01:14 PM
a Hondo guitar?? http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Excellent-Condition-HONDO-Electric-Guitar-with-BONUS-Guitar-Stand-/281223121924?pt=AU_Musical_Instruments_Instruments&hash=item417a344c04&_uhb=1

haha good come back!! Thats gotta be a good guitar only $80,, I know I Know I should get one to go with my Honda lol