PDA

View Full Version : Strata

grasshopping
27-06-2013, 12:38 PM
Hi guys and girls its Mark from grasshopper mowing services, just a quick question I was told to quote on a strata property they want plants pulled out and new plants put in and regular maintenance it my first strata job any idea how to quote the job. They weren't happy with the others contractors before me

Thanks mark

imoww
27-06-2013, 01:48 PM
Hi Mark.
This is how i do all my Strata job quotes.

1. Visit the site with the Strata. Get them to show you exactly what they want and ask questions about the last guys issues mistakes or what ever,
2. Work it out based on a hrly rate ($50-$60 hr) for what ever they want. (If it's anything huge i.e. tree removal or hedging charge extra)
3. Tell them you will email them the quote
4. Email them the quote with your letter head etc and have a note saying if the customer agrees with the is quote then a customer service agreement will be emailed to them.
Also email them your public liability insurance.
Here in Sydney, allot of Stratas wont touch you unless your public liability is 10 million.
I had to up my Indy insurance from 5 mil to 10mil. Wasnt that big a deal money wise either.

mowbro
27-06-2013, 09:22 PM
Hey Mark,

What Matt said was great! Just to add on that, make sure you take notes of what you've discussed with the strata manager / rep. Put these into your agreement under a heading such as "Scope of Works" - it just means that you'll both be on the same page when it comes to knowing what your quote covers and doesnt cover. It will make you look pretty professional partciularly in comparison to someone who doesnt.

Strata work is great work to get. Super regular (i.e no customers trying to reschedule or push back visits) and in my experience, they've always been prompt payers.

bb1
27-06-2013, 10:43 PM
Sounds like you need 2 quotes. The first to cover the regular maintenance, and the second to cover the pulling out and replanting.
I always include "Scope of Work" and an "exclusions". ie. one body corp I dont do roses when pruning. Make you quotes clear on what you do and dont do.

imoww
28-06-2013, 07:30 AM
Yep. I forgot to add. an initial quote for cleaning up and digging etc.
And a 2nd quote for regular basis.

brodie
28-06-2013, 10:08 PM
The other guys have pretty well hit the nail on the head as far as what you need to be doing. As suggested draw up a "Service Agreement" as this is a basic form of a contract. It should include all of the services you offer what you expect form the clients, payment methods and timings, any interest you may charge for late payment.

Dont be afraid to go into detail when needed. Our service agreement is 8 pages in length but includes everything we expect to give to the client and receive from them. Get a solicitor to either draw one up or look over the one you have developed, may seem a bit costly to start with but it pays for itself trust me.

Last tip is to do the service agreement as a template so you can use it on other jobs by just inserting client details and pricing as needed.

imoww
29-06-2013, 07:57 AM
As Brodie has said. The service agreement is a must.
There are some INDY operators that have posted their service agreement templates in the past. May be contact or download and change them...