PDA

View Full Version : Pressure washing for existing customer.

Leon241
10-07-2013, 04:24 PM
I've got some good customers, where I go every week, and I would like to use a basic pressure wash unit to clean their outdoor pavers.

I'll attach some pictures, but would appreciate any advice on possibly using a detergent of some kind or just water, cleaning moss from between the tiles or any other issues that you think i should know about.

Cheers.

ps. the pictures were taken when I'd just started going, they're much dirtier now!

6573 6574

GardeningSolutions
10-07-2013, 04:29 PM
just be careful what you use. Seen plenty of burnt plants & grass from clients removing moss and washing it down onto the lawn.

Mow And Go
10-07-2013, 08:42 PM
I refuse to use chemicals unless they specify and then I make it clear all care will be taken but no responsibility. Its at their risk. A good pressure washer will do a good job. If you dont have one and cant justify buying a GOOD one, hire one. Ive found electric/cheaper ones dont quite cut it. Ymmv.

BSD
10-07-2013, 09:05 PM
Yep, chemicles end up in the stormwater system, they may damage grass etc, and the all care taken but no responsibility comment more or less is a big no,no, lawyers love it for an easy win.
I refuse to use chemicals unless they specify and then I make it clear all care will be taken but no responsibility. Its at their risk. A good pressure washer will do a good job. If you dont have one and cant justify buying a GOOD one, hire one. Ive found electric/cheaper ones dont quite cut it. Ymmv.

Mow And Go
10-07-2013, 09:10 PM
I dont make it quite that cut and dried lol silly not stupid :) besides, havent had anyone insist on chems yet and havent had a need for it in all honesty, the scud sorts it out alone :)

RSM-Gazza
10-07-2013, 09:34 PM
I've a 2500PSI Honda engine Karcher low end of range in the petrol unit offerings, these things don't use a damaging rotating dirt blaster nozzle like electric units to get results.
Have done a few jobs with it including one large job for a luxury home that took all day. I have 4 fan nozzles and one like a straight lazer which is like a drill in power, so don't use that one. As the shear grunt of the unit gets perfect results with the correctly chosen fan nozzle for the task at hand.
Never used chemicals as the waters been fine so far on it's own, even used it on guttering exteriors with great results with just water.

Could of got the one the brickies use to clean bricks at 3000PSI and more outlay, but for what I do the 2500PSI unit is fine. No power cords, just the hose is the real ease of use feature and so much safer around my pool or clients pools too.

BSD
10-07-2013, 10:10 PM
I like the sound of this, got any other info apart from what you posted?
I've a 2500PSI Honda engine Karcher low end of range in the petrol unit offerings, these things don't use a damaging rotating dirt blaster nozzle like electric units to get results.
Have done a few jobs with it including one large job for a luxury home that took all day. I have 4 fan nozzles and one like a straight lazer which is like a drill in power, so don't use that one. As the shear grunt of the unit gets perfect results with the correctly chosen fan nozzle for the task at hand.
Never used chemicals as the waters been fine so far on it's own, even used it on guttering exteriors with great results with just water.

Could of got the one the brickies use to clean bricks at 3000PSI and more outlay, but for what I do the 2500PSI unit is fine. No power cords, just the hose is the real ease of use feature and so much safer around my pool or clients pools too.

RSM-Gazza
10-07-2013, 10:42 PM
Spec's below say entry level in petrol range which is correct, it also says Commercial model which is stretching it a bit as it more a top end domestic model.
I don't use it every day or every week or even every month. So it's fine me.

At Henty's Rural Machinery Field Days last Sept a dedicated Karcher display site had it for $580. My local Hushy dealer had a site next door but displayed no Karcher gear, but had the one pictured back at there store quite a bit dearer. My Husky dealer said he would match it and rang his shop and I picked it up for $580 on my way home from the Field Day.
You can buy better of course and worse, but for the dollars I'm satisfield and happy with it. Plus it was a genuine business deduction and GST claimed.

There usually priced at around $699-$750 and good Tool Catalogue Sale will see it at $599-$620 from what I've seen around.
http://www.whereaboutsupply.com.au/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/k/a/karcher_g2050.jpg

KARC2020 - Karcher G2500 Commercial Pressure washer
Order Code KARC2020
Brand Karcher

Product Description
Entry level petrol pressure washer with Honda motor

Technical data

Pressure bar/PSI 170 / 2500
Flow rate Gal/min 2.4
Max. water feed temperature (°C) max. 40
Power (hp) 5.5
Engine type Petrol
Weight without access 29.1Kg
Dimensions (L x W x H) (mm) 593 x 550 x 630

Shepparton Lawn Care
11-07-2013, 07:04 AM
Spec's below say entry level in petrol range which is correct, it also says Commercial model which is stretching it a bit as it more a top end domestic model.
I don't use it every day or every week or even every month. So it's fine me.

At Henty's Rural Machinery Field Days last Sept a dedicated Karcher display site had it for $580. My local Hushy dealer had a site next door but displayed no Karcher gear, but had the one pictured back at there store quite a bit dearer. My Husky dealer said he would match it and rang his shop and I picked it up for $580 on my way home from the Field Day.
You can buy better of course and worse, but for the dollars I'm satisfield and happy with it. Plus it was a genuine business deduction and GST claimed.

There usually priced at around $699-$750 and good Tool Catalogue Sale will see it at $599-$620 from what I've seen around.
http://www.whereaboutsupply.com.au/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/k/a/karcher_g2050.jpg

KARC2020 - Karcher G2500 Commercial Pressure washer
Order Code KARC2020
Brand Karcher

Product Description
Entry level petrol pressure washer with Honda motor

Technical data

Pressure bar/PSI 170 / 2500
Flow rate Gal/min 2.4
Max. water feed temperature (°C) max. 40
Power (hp) 5.5
Engine type Petrol
Weight without access 29.1Kg
Dimensions (L x W x H) (mm) 593 x 550 x 630

Great post Garry!-really helping other members out!

BSD
11-07-2013, 09:09 AM
What a beast!!!, great reccomendation for newbies, its on my bucket list.:)

bb1
11-07-2013, 03:55 PM
What a beast!!!, great reccomendation for newbies, its on my bucket list.:)

Not just newbies, think its time to upgrade my old karcher electric,

Redeye
11-07-2013, 04:30 PM
never used chemicals either - mind you mine puts out 3850psi :)

BSD
11-07-2013, 06:45 PM
Went for an internet and bunnings browse to day, looks like the 6hp model is kaput!...5hp etc, but you must have purchased an older model, i'm just carefull to keep away from anything made in bloody China, but alas, its becoming a pita, the throw way society is reality these days.

RSM-Gazza
11-07-2013, 08:32 PM
Great post Garry!-really helping other members out!
Thanks Simon, who I could call "Mr. Kesuke Miyagi", a teacher/confidence booster who helped me in the beginning. :wave-hi:

RSM-Gazza
11-07-2013, 08:39 PM
Went for an internet and bunnings browse to day, looks like the 6hp model is kaput!...5hp etc, but you must have purchased an older model, i'm just carefull to keep away from anything made in bloody China, but alas, its becoming a pita, the throw way society is reality these days.

The more expensive higher Honda Japan Engined put out 3000 PSI and upwards. Mine is a genuine Honda from China, being next best - but still spec'd to Honda standards of supervision.
At 5Hp and is the current model for the Bucks. Honda Japan engine at 6HP was priced at $950 odd at the Henty Machinery Field Days with some minor haggle. Yep would be better, but for occasional use as an infrequent income generater = "All's Good"

St George
12-07-2013, 03:41 PM
I've been doing alot of pressure washing lately and I wouldn't use any chemicals on those tiles.i bought a 15hp Chinese pressure washer for $600 and took the pump off and thru it then replaced it with a Bertolini 4000psi with a reduction gearbox.can now run 8hrs a day 365 days a week.im getting into graffiti removal and this is the only time I would use chemicals.may or may not harm the grass or plants .its a risk.

troppo
12-07-2013, 04:42 PM
Up here in Cairns mould is a real problem. After this last wet I did a pressure clean on our driveway and the pavers under the back deck to get the bulk of the slime off in the bad areas (especially where my wife has a lot of her hibiscus cuttings in pots). In the past you could see it returning within a couple of weeks but this time I sprayed afterwards with 'Wet and Forget' and now after 16 weeks there's still no sign of it coming back. I did notice that in a few spots where I got it on the grass it burnt it but bounced back pretty quick. Buying in the 10 litre bottle is the most cost effective as it works out at half the price of the 5 litre bottle. If I got into pressure cleaning this would be a great upsell as pressure cleaning concrete too often takes all the fines out of the top of the concrete and creates an ever better environment for mould to grow. With 'Wet and Forget' you can spray it onto the affected area without any cleaning first and nature will do the rest over a period of time, but most people want to see results today. Apparently this is the same stuff they use on the Opera House sails. Personally I'm not a big fan of harsh chemicals myself but this stuff is pretty tame. Just food for thought if anyone is interested.