PDA

View Full Version : staghorn

Redeye
12-08-2013, 12:15 PM
was removing plants from a garden this morning, 2 large birdsnest ferns and a 7' high dracaena which are going to a little landscaping job - the owner pointed to a large staghorn attached to the brick wall and asked me to get rid of it too....thank you kindly!! just have to find a home for it now
truck full of freebies all to be installed and charged for

geoff
12-08-2013, 12:24 PM
good stuff red eye ,actually its a Elk horn and do yourself a favour and visit the nursery you will get a very nice surprise on the value...the easy thing with these they are so easy to split up and place on old tree fern slabs.....you could make heaps out of the one you have now....

PaulG
12-08-2013, 03:04 PM
Nice score.

I've got one digging out and potting up about a dozen white Iceberg roses tomorrow too. Owner doesn't want them left there as part of a garden makeover.

BSD
12-08-2013, 03:52 PM
So now we'll call you the Staghorny kid from Jervis bay, i like the avtar btw.
was removing plants from a garden this morning, 2 large birdsnest ferns and a 7' high dracaena which are going to a little landscaping job - the owner pointed to a large staghorn attached to the brick wall and asked me to get rid of it too....thank you kindly!! just have to find a home for it now
truck full of freebies all to be installed and charged for

Redeye
12-08-2013, 04:16 PM
if l can't sell it locally, l'll hang at home somewhere - buggers to mount when they're this big and l don't really want to divide it

Redeye
16-08-2013, 03:17 PM
this is the little job the other plants went into, big improvement on a otherwise eyesore http://curraronggardening.com/new-garden-for-jenny-d/

edbeek
27-08-2013, 07:05 AM
I salvaged this King Orchid last year from a garden clean-up and tied it in a fork and forgot about it.

It's come out in a mass of flowers this week :)