PDA

View Full Version : Flyers wanted

BSD
03-10-2013, 10:12 PM
Who does flyers, i can look about and have got some done already, but something bout A5 size, black/red on white, offering "get it this month" promo, (i'm a pest guy btw, but like mowing my lawns, wierd or wot?)

GardeningSolutions
04-10-2013, 07:11 AM
Any printer business will do them. I had 10,000 made up 3years ago with a free fertilise or weed spray to the value of $30 after the fourth regular service as an incentive, so there's no use by date on the flyer. Did a big drop at first and now target specific areas. I see plenty of cheap home made flyers especially at this time of year as any hack with a mower and a 6x4 trailer tries to start up a business. Having professionally made flyers will give the client the perception that your are established, know what your doing & provide quality work. With this you can ask for top prices as people will pay for quality. Saying that cheap looking operators attract cheap arse customers.

BSD
04-10-2013, 10:25 PM
Yes, Yes, thats what i think, ...off to the pro printers Monday...ta!!!!...:)
Any printer business will do them. I had 10,000 made up 3years ago with a free fertilise or weed spray to the value of $30 after the fourth regular service as an incentive, so there's no use by date on the flyer. Did a big drop at first and now target specific areas. I see plenty of cheap home made flyers especially at this time of year as any hack with a mower and a 6x4 trailer tries to start up a business. Having professionally made flyers will give the client the perception that your are established, know what your doing & provide quality work. With this you can ask for top prices as people will pay for quality. Saying that cheap looking operators attract cheap arse customers.

GAMS
02-11-2013, 09:08 PM
Absolutely correct - had 3000 done by printer - size of business envelope on card - 110 x 210 - double sided - $360 incl artwork. They were so good and got on the Aust Post site re unadressed mail deliveries ( brochures ) and had them delivered for .16 cents each to a targeted market ( roadside delivery boxes / rural ). I can't do that and cover so much ground, and so impressed I ordered another 4000 from printer ( this time on $ 240 because no artwork ) and will schedule a delivery to other areas with Aust Post fro after Christmas. Yes there is a cost, but compared to a couple of adds in the local paper, I am covering more ground and reaching more prospects. I think worth the effort and $. Out of seven thousand deliveries, I would be stoked if I got a 1% response. Better odds than tatts lotto!!!!!!

geoff1969
03-11-2013, 03:30 PM
hey bds , you say your a pest guy , whats the best way to get rid of ants the little black ones = ant sand dont work , ant traps dont work , any tips ????

Redeye
03-11-2013, 06:34 PM
get an echidna

PaulG
03-11-2013, 07:09 PM
Sic 'em Rex!

PaulG
03-11-2013, 07:10 PM
hey bds , you say your a pest guy , whats the best way to get rid of ants the little black ones = ant sand dont work , ant traps dont work , any tips ????

I've tried a borax mixture but even that seems to struggle.

troppo
03-11-2013, 08:22 PM
Go to the supermarket and buy some "Crawly Cruncher", but don't ever spray it on plant foliage - burns 'em real bad!!!!!

ASTRO
03-11-2013, 09:05 PM
We had a large ant nest in a wall cavity.
I didnt like the idea of using highly toxic chemicals in the kitchen area.
Used ant-rid repeatly until it got back to the queen.

BSD
03-11-2013, 09:55 PM
The chemicals are not highly toxic, the LD rating is less toxic than table salt for most general consumer purchases, that being said you can buy the same solutions from Bunnings in a ready to use bottle sprayer or powder formulation, the trick is knowing how and which area, species etc to use it on. Read the lable....btw...I use a bent shaft whipper and cant get used to anything that spins the other way...lol.
We had a large ant nest in a wall cavity.
I didnt like the idea of using highly toxic chemicals in the kitchen area.
Used ant-rid repeatly until it got back to the queen.

BSD
03-11-2013, 10:04 PM
Good enviro treatment i reckon, if there not inside walls etc, just boil the jug and pour it into the nest. I use a product that is for licenced tech's only and its for outdoors only, micro encapsulated like Ozmocote and releases under UV light..if you miss the main nest it works for ages untill its gone, never had a 'callback'...so far.

Treecat
03-11-2013, 10:37 PM
If your able to do up a decent flyer yourself(or know someone) check the prices at officeworks to get them printed. I used to have my business cards printed on fairly thick card and have the now ex cut them out with the paper cutter (several cards at a time) in her free time. It worked out cheaper then I could get them online with a better final product.

geoff1969
04-11-2013, 01:07 AM
thanks all . yes BSD there getting in the out side wall , theres a local bloke will give him a buzz see what he can do = there in the garden in some spots and in the out side wall = havnt found any in the living areas inside house yet , but i just hate ants ... cheers

BSD
04-11-2013, 06:42 AM
Bunnings have "permethrin" powder (forget the brand name but check the lable) its got a pointed top and you can puff it into cracks n crevices, or maybe drill an inconspicous little hole and and give that a whirl.
thanks all . yes BSD there getting in the out side wall , theres a local bloke will give him a buzz see what he can do = there in the garden in some spots and in the out side wall = havnt found any in the living areas inside house yet , but i just hate ants ... cheers