PDA

View Full Version : “Forest Mulch”Contaminated with asbestos Qld .

administrator
07-10-2013, 10:06 PM
“Forest Mulch”

Regarding concerns had some unidentified substances found throughout the mulch tests to be conducted, and the tests were positive to Amosite (brown) asbestos and Chrysotile (white) asbestos.

Be careful who you purchase from and what you purchase .

courty
08-10-2013, 07:33 AM
Great,I shifted 5 cubes of the stuff a couple of weeks ago.

GardeningSolutions
08-10-2013, 08:20 AM
I wear a mask when spreading mulch but it is concerning that you just don't know what could be in it. Saying that, I was slashing a block last week and noticed after I cut it there was small pieces of asbestos scattered about the place. Hopefully it was wet enough not to pose a problem.

administrator
08-10-2013, 09:35 AM
If you see things in there that arnt vegetable then you need to question the supplier .

Is a fairly cheap product and it could come from anywhere .

How ever the supplier has a duty of care and if found in the product could be a massive clean up bill .

The product needs to be fit for purpose pursuant to the Sale of Goods Act 1896 (Qld)?

Yes there is an act lol

Mow And Go
08-10-2013, 11:33 AM
Thankfully I upsell to cypress mulch over just about anything else. Just not worth the risk. Too many products just arnt regulated or policed as such eg mulches, herbicides etc.

courty
08-10-2013, 12:13 PM
I normally only do Cypress but this client just couldn't stretch the budget.

PaulG
08-10-2013, 02:51 PM
Dean any link to articles stating where the product originated from and which landscape supplies it was sold through?

NLALM
08-10-2013, 05:51 PM
Where can I get the mulch laced with asbestos Iv'e got a few clients that I could use it on

Cranbourne Lawnmowing
08-10-2013, 09:46 PM
asbestos, smoking, skin cancer.....I'm sure one of them will get me eventually. Or I could choke to death eating a genetically modified apple. :doh

administrator
10-10-2013, 04:56 PM
Dean any link to articles stating where the product originated from and which landscape supplies it was sold through?

At the moment cant tell you exactly because of the insurance stuff but its around Logan village Maclean way

Scooby Steve
13-10-2013, 07:59 PM
That's an absolute disgrace. And what a expensive mess to clean up.