PDA

View Full Version : Pressure cleaner purchase

cylo
18-10-2013, 08:02 AM
Hey guys,

Anyone had any experience with a Jetusa pressure cleaner. Looks like a chinese made machine but it may suit my requirements. http://www.agrmachinery.com.au/buy/jet-usa-250ps-4800psi-pressure-washer/PRSWSH-250PTL20HP

I need a pressure cleaner powerful enough for a concrete tile roof, without spending all day up there, along with concrete paths/pavers etc but I wont be using for clients. Only for around the home, It would be too costly to hire a pressure cleaner everytime I need one but at the same time I couldn't justify spending thousands for good quality. I should hope I wouldn't wear a machine like this out by just using it on 1 property.

Mow And Go
18-10-2013, 08:13 AM
Maybe check out the generac range allpower deal with now mate. Have heard nightmare stories about those Ebay machines

Redeye
18-10-2013, 08:21 AM
I got a ebay one, 7hp 3850psi, a few years ago....hasn't missed a beat and power to spare, in fact the needle spray is scary - could nearly use it as a brick saw

simo
18-10-2013, 03:41 PM
BBT on ebay have good feedback for power equipment worth a look at their pressure cleaners and a few guys on here as well as me have bought their stuff all good..
Here`s a link to one of their`s http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BBT-HIGH-Pressure-Washer-Cleaner-Water-Petrol-FREE-Turbo-Nozzle-/350516536439?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item519c69e477&_uhb=1
And don`t click buy now ...Click Make an offer..

HPM
18-10-2013, 03:53 PM
I've got the diesel one of these. It works great.

Blaktop
18-10-2013, 03:55 PM
The concrete contractor over the road from me bought a pressure cleaner from eBay (can't remember how much but it was pretty cheap) with a Honda motor. He uses it a lot and he's very happy with it.

cylo
18-10-2013, 05:44 PM
Gee thanks guys, some great options there. Ill have a look through them!

cylo
18-10-2013, 05:47 PM
I've got the diesel one of these. It works great.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BBT-Diesel-High-Pressure-Washer-Water-Cleaner-Blaster-PAICHI-Pump-Brand-New-/251233186046?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item3a7eaa30fe

Would this be the one? plenty of power u reckon

duck-01
18-10-2013, 10:24 PM
I bought one from supacheap-o a few year back, it goes great guns, cost about 500 and ive made a few thousand back using it and used it at a lotta mates places too. most important thing I heard about em was to make sure the waters never turned off or the hose connection breaks, kiss the pump goodbye the first time she happens they say. I bought some good hose connectors and only use those on it. I don't like usiong dirty tank water in it either, im a bit suss of that too.

its like a cheaper noncommercial mower, unless your a commercial power washing dude, youd be like a home owner buying a Honda hrx - overkill

giddyup

cylo
19-10-2013, 07:39 AM
I bought one from supacheap-o a few year back, it goes great guns, cost about 500 and ive made a few thousand back using it and used it at a lotta mates places too. most important thing I heard about em was to make sure the waters never turned off or the hose connection breaks, kiss the pump goodbye the first time she happens they say. I bought some good hose connectors and only use those on it. I don't like usiong dirty tank water in it either, im a bit suss of that too.

its like a cheaper noncommercial mower, unless your a commercial power washing dude, youd be like a home owner buying a Honda hrx - overkill

giddyup

Good advice, thanks! Will be very mindful of keeping the water feeding into the pump.

Looks like theres 2 options left, a good Honda motor with a chinese pump around $8-900 or a chinese motor with a chinese pump $4-500. Somewhere along those lines

Mow And Go
19-10-2013, 04:38 PM
make sure no matter what to PRIME the pump ...hose fitted, water on, grab the lance and hold trigger with machine OFF until it stops spitting etc and has a steady stream coming out before turning motor on.

cylo
20-10-2013, 07:17 AM
make sure no matter what to PRIME the pump ...hose fitted, water on, grab the lance and hold trigger with machine OFF until it stops spitting etc and has a steady stream coming out before turning motor on.

Cheers mate, Ill make it a point to do every time!

HPM
20-10-2013, 08:22 PM
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BBT-Diesel-High-Pressure-Washer-Water-Cleaner-Blaster-PAICHI-Pump-Brand-New-/251233186046?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item3a7eaa30fe

Would this be the one? plenty of power u reckon

Yep. That's it. It's paid for itself several times over. I couldn't do without it after using it for the last few years..

St George
21-10-2013, 08:55 PM
Yep I bought 1 and the pump lasted bout 7 hours!!its ok if your doing a 30 minute job but 4 hrs plus in 1 hit forget it.i threw the pump and bought a bertolini pump.4350psi.8 hrs straight no worries.The wheels fell off aswell cause of the cheap frame.its cheap and nasty.

cylo
22-10-2013, 06:44 AM
Yep I bought 1 and the pump lasted bout 7 hours!!its ok if your doing a 30 minute job but 4 hrs plus in 1 hit forget it.i threw the pump and bought a bertolini pump.4350psi.8 hrs straight no worries.The wheels fell off aswell cause of the cheap frame.its cheap and nasty.

Which particular machine did you get? Also where did you buy the bertolini pump & what did it cost u? Cheers

St George
23-10-2013, 06:11 PM
Forget about the brand of washer!they are all basically the same. Honda is the best cause you get a genuine honda motor with a quality pump. But if your like me ,and you are by the sounds of it ,then you want something cheap yet reliable. The genuine honda setup is just too expensive for me so I purchased my machine and it has a 15hp ducar engine.very cheap to buy but you need to keep checking the oil and changing the oil at reasonable intervals,because its cheap and nasty.now the heart of any pressure cleaner is the pump and only the pump! I got my bertolini pump off eBay for $350 second hand.i figured that hey if the pumps stuffed i spend $400 on a rebuild kit and all is good.these pumps are $2200 brand new!!! I've been doing driveways for up to 8 hrs straight with no issues.i got a great buy.then the wheels started collapsing cause its cheap and nasty.im now in the process of getting heavy duty wheels and bearings etc.if they sound to good to be true then stay away.you can do what I did or you can spend $4000 on a great unit.all depends on what jobs your aiming to do.

St George
23-10-2013, 06:44 PM
if they are upside down i apolagise

cylo
23-10-2013, 07:43 PM
if they are upside down i apolagise

Looks good mate, thank u kindly for the info and the pics! Does that pump have around the 4000psi & was there much diff in output pressure between that good pump and the chinese one

St George
23-10-2013, 08:51 PM
The pump will pump bout 4100 psi with lance but it depends on the horsepower of the engine.when I hooked up the bertolini to the 15 hp I took to an expert pump place and they said that pump may be to big for the engine.i got it going cause I had no choice and crossed my fingers and its perfect.im on a fine line with this pump cause if the engine starts to wear and lose horsepower then this pump will lose its ompff!i change the oil regularly .the output is bout the same just heaps more reliable.the old cheap pump weighs bout 6-7 kgs.the bertolini is 18 kgs!!to set this up with a the bertolini pump all the new fittings that are essential to protect the pump from overload and overheating is bout $1100.because I've got a lot of pressure for a long time I have to replace the old cheap pressure hose.thats an extra $250.if I could do it again I would have waited and purchased a $4000 professional machine with good warranty.

cylo
26-10-2013, 06:58 PM
http://www.bargains-online.com.au/pressure-cleaners/new-honda-powered-13hp-4350psi-high-pressure-washer-water-cleaner-20m-hose.html

Went with this one. Chinese pump with a Honda motor. Anything less than $2500 will have a chinese pump, all the chinese pumps I feel will be much of a muchness, so I decided to chose a Honda motor rather than a chinese motor to go with it.

Should do the trick!

St George
27-10-2013, 04:37 PM
Sorry mate it says honda but its not a genuine honda!this is how they get you.and it's legal.dont over do the pump so run it no more then 45 mins in 1 go.you have to run it then shut off and cool down otherwise BANG!

cylo
27-10-2013, 06:39 PM
Sorry mate it says honda but its not a genuine honda!this is how they get you.and it's legal.dont over do the pump so run it no more then 45 mins in 1 go.you have to run it then shut off and cool down otherwise BANG!

thatd be right. Oh well I guess it will be equal to the other chinese engines available on these washers under $1k.

Ill be sure to give it a break after 45mins, would you say 10 min break sound ok? I would have thought the continuous water flow would keep the pump an even temp, but Im not saying your wrong, your not the first person to say only give a short run time.

BSD
27-10-2013, 07:56 PM
Not too long ago i had a 'product' from Bunnings, $99,(outdoor heater) broke down after 6 months, I purchased this with a gift voucher and never kept the docket, so i was unable to exchange or get any kind of retribution.
So I purchased another one, kept the docket and waited about 4 months, then went back with the busted item with reciept and in the box, = refund, no probs sir, that is how I would go about things with a Chinese pressure washer, kind of a lifetime warranty but it works for me.

cylo
08-11-2013, 04:06 PM
Havnt used the new cleaner as yet, the pump is not up to the red indicator so I want to top it up before use. The book says 85-90 oil and non-detergent. Im stuffed if I can find that, ive tried about 8 stores.

Have you guys come across this oil before and if so where did you buy it? Cheers

Mow And Go
11-11-2013, 07:07 PM
don't quote me on it, but I think if memory serves me correct, air compressor oil is non detergent

BSD
25-05-2016, 09:33 PM
Ok, I have a Bunnings pressure cleaner, just a basic thing electric plug in which works fine at home, Question, I'm thinking at a focus on driveways-paths-garden retaining walls ect,.....whats a goodun for about $450 that has an engine and trolley portable ect, standard kind of 1 off jobs and whatever comes my way??